• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's my Birthday!!

Do I look 40 years old?

• Total voters

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Goodmorning GAF (Dutch time, woke up a 6:00)

First of all, I was contemplating making this thread or not for this last week. But due to having a lot of great interactions with a lot of you I decided to go for it =P

I want to thank all of you for making me laugh, having conversations with and even those that ultimately made me self reflect on various aspects of myself. (Not naming names because I don't want to forget someone)

Thank you all so much.

beach trip GIF

*Deep sigh*

Finally, it's time#. I've joined the 40 club! I've heard it's the new 30 =P

So weird thinking I'll be 50 in 10 years. But hey, you're 9⁶as old as you feel. So they say haha

Dont want to get all negative with an sob story but.. It hasn't been easy for me.

Chronic pain which turned me into a bitter chagrin prick that wasn't fun to be around with, even on here.. Which I apologize for. After looking and trying out some physical therapists I found one that found out where my pain comes from and after not even 2 months it's getting better already, yay!

And after founding out lots of my psychological issues arent autisme but trauma related I could (including some very bad professional advice) find someone who finally *got it* and we've been working with the new found knowledge with baby steps and that's going relatively really well!

I had set out some goals to reach before turning 40. Well. I got some done (somewhat)

I'm 6 weeks sober (alchohol). But today I'm going to buy a small flask of Jack Daniels or Ballantines. Hey! It's my bday!

I've also lost a lot of weight and have been going to the gym again. So I'm proud (or should be) I managed those goals =)

I've been mostly living in solitary the last 3 years so it's great meeting old friends at the gym again ♡

So yeah today, going to have coffee with my mom around noon in Hollands second most famous place "De Zaansche Schans" and around 17:00 I'm going to dinner with my dad in a Greek Restaurant.
Haven't eaten out (both. Hops gets it lmao) in ages so yeah pretty awesome.

PRESENTS!

I'll make some photo's later.

Want to leave this for what it is for now. But (here we go again....) not before a picture and video of my MrBean Christmas style celebratory set up lol!

As for the picture.. 🙈

#

Last edited:

Soodanim

I have never made a character look that much like me, very well done.

Congrats on all the positive things, now you can tell us if life truly does begin at 40.

Happy birthday!

killatopak

Gold Member
edit: oops it’s actually 8-9/9-8. I thought it was 8-8 and wanted to tie in the synchronicity thing.

Happy Birthday!

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Goodmorning GAF (Dutch time, woke up a 6:00)

First of all, I was contemplating making this thread or not for this last week. But due to having a lot of great interactions with a lot of you I decided to go for it =P

I want to thank all of you for making me laugh, having conversations with and even those that ultimately made me self reflect on various aspects of myself. (Not naming names because I don't want to forget someone)

Thank you all so much.

beach trip GIF

*Deep sigh*

Finally, it's time#. I've joined the 40 club! I've heard it's the new 30 =P

So weird thinking I'll be 50 in 10 years. But hey, you're 9⁶as old as you feel. So they say haha

Dont want to get all negative with an sob story but.. It hasn't been easy for me.

Chronic pain which turned me into a bitter chagrin prick that wasn't fun to be around with, even on here.. Which I apologize for. After looking and trying out some physical therapists I found one that found out where my pain comes from and after not even 2 months it's getting better already, yay!

And after founding out lots of my psychological issues arent autisme but trauma related I could (including some very bad professional advice) find someone who finally *got it* and we've been working with the new found knowledge with baby steps and that's going relatively really well!

I had set out some goals to reach before turning 40. Well. I got some done (somewhat)

I'm 6 weeks sober (alchohol). But today I'm going to buy a small flask of Jack Daniels or Ballantines. Hey! It's my bday!

I've also lost a lot of weight and have been going to the gym again. So I'm proud (or should be) I managed those goals =)

I've been mostly living in solitary the last 3 years so it's great meeting old friends at the gym again ♡

So yeah today, going to have coffee with my mom around noon in Hollands second most famous place "De Zaansche Schans" and around 17:00 I'm going to dinner with my dad in a Greek Restaurant.
Haven't eaten out (both. Hops gets it lmao) in ages so yeah pretty awesome.

PRESENTS!

I'll make some photo's later.

Want to leave this for what it is for now. But (here we go again....) not before a picture and video of my MrBean Christmas style celebratory set up lol!

As for the picture.. 🙈

#

You have a lot to be grateful for and sounds like you've been on an incredible journey too. Happy Birthday my good man and enjoy it!
Happy Birthday Dancing GIF

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Couldn't finish my food man.
Stomach has shrunken a lot lol. Food was fine. Good but mediocre. (Haha! My inner critic wants to play)

Anyways, had some quality time with my mom and later my dad. Got some nice presents. Still waiting for on to receive (Post): https://www.bol.com/nl/p/the-voynich-manuscript/9200000057706868?referrer=socialshare_pdp_androidapp

Currently charging a portable JBL mini speaker. (No more podcast listening stretches with headphones yay!

(Awesome colours!!)

And I could finally wrap open and wear my SEELE tank top

And Pink Floyd Shirt

😁

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Congrats my Leo brethren on turning the big 4-0! I’m also turning 40 in the next few days, on the 12th.

Keep setting them goals and kicking them down, that’s the best part of life.

Thanks! And yes, keep on keeping on my fellow Leo, the 12th... It's creeping up on you buddy!

And? And?!!!! 50 is coming!!

Happy birthday, but finding out your birthday isn’t on 2/2/22 is low key kinda devastating tbh.

My birthdays tend to be disappointing.. I notice a pattern =P
Happy birthday friend!

Happy Birthday GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Keto bro 😭

Happy birthday!
🙌
Happy Birthday.

E4c2s95.gif
🙈
I have never made a character look that much like me, very well done.

Congrats on all the positive things, now you can tell us if life truly does begin at 40.

Happy birthday!
Let's say it's my most realistic RPG experience to date hahaha
Happy birthday to my favorite granola eating hippy!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

edit: oops it’s actually 8-9/9-8. I thought it was 8-8 and wanted to tie in the synchronicity thing.

Happy Birthday!

Would be fun. And wishful thinking, and mathematics, and self fulfilling prophecy and above all just a coincidence! (I joke folks =P)

Happy birthday, my Leo bredren! You DO look 40 but EMBRACE IT! I just turned 48 and I LOVE all my gray hair!

It's that one single patch on my beard tho..As if I walk around all day with dried vanilla icecream on my beard. Jfc But I'm with you...
Animated GIF

Dear Jan Bjørn Joe Vee,
I wish you all best on your day birth.
Thank.
Sense gif none thanks doctor dear Pika
Gefeliciteerd old man. Been rocking in my 4th decade since June and it's been great so far, no turning back and no regrets!

Interview Reaction GIF

🤣🤣🤣😅 awwwwwww
You have a lot to be grateful for and sounds like you've been on an incredible journey too. Happy Birthday my good man and enjoy it!
Happy Birthday Dancing GIF

Yes and thank you man!!!!
Happy Birthday ! 🎂

Cake........... I want Cake...

Thanks!

No, you look at least 56.

Happy birthday 😂👍🏻

There's always one huh.... 🤪

Thanks man!

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I would have guessed older. Happy birthday buddy 🥳🎉

You want older? Thank my mom for this one where I had to smile(thought about something Mike said on RLM)

Edit: enough of my face

Who the fuck cares? Kidding. Have a great one. I'll be joining you in the 40 club soon.

Hahaha..thanks man and enjoy your 30"s while it lasts

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
2 more hours.

Thanks to all that responded.

Kind of disappointed noone mentioned my framed OG poster art of Blade Runner and 2001 A Space Odyssey. Or my Crowley's tarot deck

Sad GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom