• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Its Mandatory Sony's Next System at least Matches Xbox Series X!

You obviously took my comment which was about two consoles that will be fairly simular and changed it into something completely different. Enjoy your consoles wars, the rest of us will just enjoy gaming in general.
Smart guy if you have been following my post history you will see I don't partake in console wars. I prefer one console maker over the other yes, but I don't partake in the 12 year old mentality back and forth crap. I present logical questions and enjoy the debate and when I see comments I have an opinion on I post, simple as that. I certainly don't shit up PlayStation threads. If I don't agree with a PlayStation post or Nintendo post I stay out when ever possible. Thanks.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

you really think either console is going to manage 4K 60fps? :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

maybe a 2d sidescroller or a very simple game. not large AAA titles.
You got games on the X like Modern Warfare, Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5 running at Dynamic 4K close to true 4K at 60fps. And look at the hardware it's running on. So you're telling me that next gen console is not going to perform any better than that? What are you smoking bruv. The next gen consoles will absolutely be able to push an almost true 4K at 60fps if the developer wants it because the AAA games are made and optimized for the console!

You got games on the X like Modern Warfare, Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5 running at Dynamic 4K close to true 4K at 60fps. And look at the hardware it's running on. So you're telling me that next gen console is not going to perform any better than that? What are you smoking bruv. The next gen consoles will absolutely be able to push an almost true 4K at 60fps if the developer wants it because the AAA games are made and optimized for the console!
4k 60 will be a breeze come Holiday 2020.

Gargus

Banned
Xbox one and ps4 were pretty close in terms of performance but ps4 still ruined the xbox one because it had better games. Xbox one x was more powerful than the ps4 and ps4 pro and yet it still didn't help any because ps4 had better exclusives.

All Sony has to do is keep releasing good exclusive games. That's all they have to do.

Justin9mm

Xbox one and ps4 were pretty close in terms of performance but ps4 still ruined the xbox one because it had better games. Xbox one x was more powerful than the ps4 and ps4 pro and yet it still didn't help any because ps4 had better exclusives.

All Sony has to do is keep releasing good exclusive games. That's all they have to do.
Xbox One and PS4 were not close in performance at all lol.. Between the OG Xbox One and Base PS4, there was a clear difference.

I have owned two Xbox One's and will never own a PS4. Hardly a close minded fanboy, quite the opposite cupcake. My mind is opened enough to know I'm playing with the losing team. I accept that. I also understand an install base and established IPs makes a HUGE difference. Those factors are far more significant than the specs on a box. PS3 was one of the WORST launches (aside from WiiU) by any of the big three, and it sold 80 million by 2013 and STILL surpassed 360 (Microsoft's best) in the end.

Microsoft has no business marketing internationally other than Europe. Try they must, but the bronze is the best they can hope for... Even if PS5 is 2 teraflops less in power. PS1 did fine against the N64 despite being less powerful with significantly longer load times. And that was against a Japanese company that "
What till Crackdown 4 in 8k, Sony and Nintendo are in trouble.... plus the power of da cloud.
You are giving off a vibe like your 10 or 11 years of age.. Ignore mode engaged.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
To expand off of my previous post about jumping to Xbox...

(NOTE: This is JUST my personal views/thoughts, not saying it speaks for anyone else.)

XBox: Extremely fucking KILLING IT with Game Pass Ultimate -- used to buy several games a year, now I barely have to buy much except outliers. (Before knocking it and goalpost shifting, remember argument of "price".)
As for game selection supposedly lacking, maybe I jumped during a time of perfect star alignment, but I'm constantly torn on which of my dozens of back-logged games to play, and I've owned Xbox a hair over a year.

Sony/PS: Was loyal to them all along, but lately feels like they've been subtly/not-subtly edging sides in politics/media/culture. Now, THIS IS JUST ME, a lot of their first party games recently seemed/felt similar, but I've been noticing more how they seem like vehicles meant to deliver the shoehorned current SJW message-in-a-bottle -- I mean Detroit, *SERIOUSLY*, I've 10/10 loved every other QD games, and even though I hate to say I'm triggered, yeah, Detroit == TRIGGERED. Not to mention some recent brush ups between Sony and censorship.
Then having used GPU and PS Now regularly, PS Now doesn't reach into the same league at all.

Again, just some of my own random thoughts.
This is what I was afraid of with Gamepass. People no longer buying games is bad for the game's industry. I tried it for $2 but I'd rather keep building on my physical game collection

ZombieTech

Neo Member
But less people buying games wouldn't have good results for gaming
Eh, I still seem to spend as much, but now I have more flexibility on expansions, DLC, microtransacrions, etc.

I mean, I might make really good money at my career, but there's more expenses in life, obviously, than just gaming. So when it came to 2-4 games that all had $30 DLC release around the same time, or two newer games for $60 each, my thought process was, "I already played those other games, priority is newer games and passing on DLC, not even considering vanity microtransactions".

Now, outside of outlying games that aren't on Game Pass that I'll buy, I now more comfortably don't hesitate to get expansive DLC, or vanity microtransactions.

As an example, I originally played Fable 1 & 2, never having really played 3. So I downloaded Fable 3 off of game pass. and had zero hesitation to get every single DLC and addon for it, including hair packs, dye packs, tattoo packs, etc.

It's like a mild f2p subscription approach to gaming, and with all the other options out there as far as sub services, even with other gaming options, it's genius -- because if I hypothetically had to choose only one console between going with PS4 in meh Now selection and going with XB1 and all GPU has to offer (which also helps lots with very little disposable income), choice for me is simple common sense -- XB1 all the way.

ZombieTech

Neo Member
To go with my last post:

Another huge plus of services like Game Pass Ultimate is to those that can barely afford the extra for the console. Thought process goes from "since I wouldn't be able to really buy games for the console I'll just pass on the console" to "nice, can buy console and have a whole library of games and services for one cheap monthly payment". :)

It broadens the customer base to no longer be for big money people only.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

The devs still get tons of money hence tons of games churn out and the cycle continues but in a different way. That's how I see it anyway.
I hear what you're saying but I'm talking more about its longterm effect on gamer habits. When people stop buying games and only want to use a service it's not good for game studios that still want their games to sell at $60. That's all I will say on the matter though

Last edited:

ZombieTech

Neo Member
I hear what you're saying but I'm talking more about its longterm effect on gamer habits. When people stop buying games and only want to use a service it's not good for game studios that still want their games to sell. That's all I will say on the matter though
Can completely see where you're coming from, but it's the devs and publishers that choose to list their games on the service as far as I'm aware. Would raise legal issues if a console company was giving away other outfits games for free without their permission.

Knowing MS and ad-revenue, etc, they probably have deals set up to keep things lucrative. :)

If it was costing them tons in loss they wouldn't be offering it as a service (3+ decades of MS experience on PC kinda proves that).

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

This is what I was trying to convey In my original post.

Tom Warren Twitter Post

And yet you have those in here who think my statement was non sense. Wow.

They don't need to match the Series X tech for tech though. PS5 will have incredible looking software whether it's slightly more powerful or slightly less powerful than the Series X

Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, SSM, GG, Bend, I mean come on :)

They don't need to match the Series X tech for tech though. PS5 will have incredible looking software whether it's slightly more powerful or slightly less powerful than the Series X

Hey no one has the answers at this point, it's all about speculating and wondering. These are exciting times regardless of the outcomes.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

I'm no tech pro, but if MS and Sony are releasing 10+ TF systems, I don't think even a 20% difference will make much of a difference.

But I don't know. For all you PC gamers with good rigs, is there a humongous difference between a top end video card and another one that is a notch down?

Unless something huge happens, it looks like the next bunch of years of console/PC gaming is still going to top out at 4k gaming, so whether it's 10 TF, 11 TF or 12 TF, it's all going to get funneled to 4k max, unless some dev wants to test the waters with 8k

Last edited:

sendit

This is what I was trying to convey In my original post.

Tom Warren Twitter Post

And yet you have those in here who think my statement was non sense. Wow.

Do you understand what the following are?

VRS
DirectX RT
"some memory paging magic"

I'll give you an article to go off (https://wccftech.com/amd-rdna2-support-for-raytracing-variable-rate-shading/)

The Xbox One Series X and the Playstation 5 will be very similar. It is pretty laughable that you believe AMD has the resources to engineer two very different machines.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Impossible to say anyting smart in these xbox vs sony threads.
I just popcorn my way through these till E3.
Gain some pounds but keep my sanity.

ZombieTech

Neo Member

VRS
DirectX RT

I'll give you an article to go off (https://wccftech.com/amd-rdna2-support-for-raytracing-variable-rate-shading/)

The Xbox One Series X and the Playstation 5 will be very similar. It is pretty laughable that you believe AMD has the resources to engineer two very different machines.
I do find it odd they're going with AMD. I mean AMD is okay, but definitely more the route of keeping things within a budget framework and has me nervous of another gen of shortcomings like seen in the OG consoles of this gen.

If they really wanted power and performance might be better off going Intel/nVidia -- can get some decent Intel/nVidia modest PC rigs for around $400-$600 if really frugal shopping and cutting extra bells and whistles (like monitor, gaming mouse/kb, fancy LED fans, etc) which one can upgrade to later. So for a console that's built to specific spec'ed hardware that can't be upgraded for the most part, without the need of PC-related requirements, really have to wonder why they're not utilizing Intel/nVidia.

Especially considering the amount of business they could bring them regularly, could set up a business-arangement partnership contract.

They'd only really need to go nVidia for GPU, Intel for CPU, then go streamline budget framework for the rest.

Last edited:

VRS
DirectX RT

Actually I know what they are because I can read , and with MS financial backing I'm sure AMD is fine with the resources after all the AMD CEO and Phil were on stage a couple of months ago to announce a joint venture if I'm not mistaken and also don't shoot the messenger. Thx.

Last edited:
It's okay if you can't reply with facts or statistics to backup your statements. "Vibes" seems like all you're built around. Good luck with that
You little boys drain me and I refuse to play in your sand box. I'm sure I've answered your question some where else, search is your friend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom