• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's all going to be fixed... eventually...

K.S v2.0

Banned
Sorry to hit you with a brick of reality dude. We have not owned any software we purchase, ever. We own a license to access said software (IP) which can be revoked at any time by the IP holder.

In context. The statement was not to insult you, but to tell you that you're not alone. A lot of people wake up after their 20s are spent and say, "What the fuck have I been doing the last 10 years?"
I have had your very reaction somewhere around 34, and since drastically dialed back my hype on games, because they are basically assembly line - cookie cutter - copy pasta of the same old shit being spewed out year after year.

To add to your point. I ask you to name 10 AA / AAA games in the last decade that were truly unique, standing on their own, new IPs, sharing NO similarities in the complete package to any other game before it. See below for rules on comparison

Case in point, that is another thing I had to realize. If I need to name more than two games to describe something, new on the market, then I am trying too hard to shit on it in an attempt to validate my hate for it.

I know we never 'literally' owned the software. What we DID own was a copy of it on printed media.

That was something the companies couldn't ever take away. Sure we have no right to actually disassemble the software, plagiarize, etc etc sure, all that's a given. We cannot use the art/sound assets in a way ourside of Fair Use... All that I get.

But, the cartridge/disc was mine. I own that. If the company sent reps to try and take that from me, I am legally entitled to tell them to go fuck themselves at gunpoint If necessary.

That is what we've largely lost in the push to go all-digital. For the sake of convenience, what have we given up?

Also name 10 actual legit ORIGINAL IP's? That's hard.... I can only think of 3 maybe 4 offhand...

-Demon's Souls (sequels notwithstanding it was original at the time)
-Catherine
-NieR
-Death Stranding

....Yeah that's about it offhand. I'd seriously have to dig to go any further and that in itself is sad. Compared to the PS1/PS2 generation, creativity is truly dead. Everything is literally 'remake, remaster, resequel' coz its the 'safe' option.

Its why despite its flaws, I will always say good things about Death Stranding. For all its flaws, it is a TRULY ORIGINAL IP... and you can't say its 'like X'... No, things like it that come after will be 'like Death Stranding'. For all the game's flaws (and there are MANY flaws), it at least is a true rarity in this day and age in being an actual original creation.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
This game cant be fixed unless you take out all the npc's and then its not the game anymore they advertised it to be.

But base consoles run RDR2, Horizon, AC, Tsushima, etc. What is different with this game? It's not significantly more complex nor prettier than the examples I mentioned.

teezzy

Banned
But base consoles run RDR2, Horizon, AC, Tsushima, etc. What is different with this game? It's not significantly more complex nor prettier than the examples I mentioned.

From the way it was explained to me, CP2077 is far more CPU intensive. Sorta the first "true next gen" game and wasn't designed to be played on older processors, etc

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
These damage control posts for Cyberpunk are getting out of hand.

Just go and deal with your buyers remorse & severe depression over a video game in private, no one gives a shit what you have to say.

The game sucks and always will.

The difference with other games is that it is clear that not just at the last minute but quite a while before they essentially reasoned out the following and decided to release and get the money before the end of the year:
  1. The game is full of bugs especially on consoles that we will not be able to fix for months, well into 2021
  2. “Game Journalists” tend not to re-review games and the bulk of reviews and hands-on that matter happen before the game comes out
  3. “Game Journalists” are ok with NDA’s to get their early access and we can possibly force them to say what we want and not show footage we do not want them to show
  4. Pre-order refunds are not out problem
  5. Our fanbase is strong and rabid enough to go on forums and social media to give good word of mouth and attack people that criticise it or at least do whitewashing what about pieces which tends to work well as damage control and to avoid the worst word of mouth effects
  6. The time our most rabid fans and astroturfer (and the shill that helped us drive the preorder will prefer to continue to toe the line than admit they were wrong, same reaction as some fans) buy us can probably hold us until the bulk of the patches arrive and we can always prepare some genuine sounding apology and freebies if it all still goes to shit
  7. Console warring and PCMR warring can help muddle the waters until we have fixed the bulk of the issues

BigBooper

From the way it was explained to me, CP2077 is far more CPU intensive. Sorta the first "true next gen" game and wasn't designed to be played on older processors, etc
Is anyone claiming to have access to the code in a way to accurately state that? Has there been a CDPR insider claiming that? I think people are as usual, just making shit up.

Just put Cyberpunk in your Cyberpunk thread titles.

Everyone seems to think if they act like it isn't really a thread talking directly about Cyberpunk, it justifies their comment warranting an entirely new thread.

Arun1910

I never followed Cyberpunk closely for what was supposed to be in the game/promised and I think because of that I'm having a blast.

Game looks and plays great on my PC, I've had no missions I haven't been able to complete (if they bugged out I reloaded a save from the past couple minutes). Only bugs I encounter are with civilians spawning right infront of me and disappearing/cars driving through barriers.

Only thing "critisicm" I have is this doesn't feel like a game that should have taken 7 years to make. There's nothing that's done new here. Solid part is the storytelling/side quests and I've been happy with that.

These damage control posts for Cyberpunk are getting out of hand.

Just go and deal with your buyers remorse & severe depression over a video game in private, no one gives a shit what you have to say.

The game sucks and always will.

Personally, I look for begotten's posts when I want to have the definitive answer as to what "everyone" cares for, seeing how begotten was very recently elected as the spokesperson for gamers. The election was won by a large majority, credible reports say. And because begotten was elected as the sporjerperson of gamers, the phrase "no one gives a shit" has some real weight behind it and doesn't sound ludicrous, like some bad mouths insist it does.

On the general point, are those who want longer development cycles ok with an increased price tag? Who will pay for the extra time you're demanding? Are you willing to shell out more? If you're not willing to shell out more and want others to get the bill why should these people be ok with it?

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
ME:A got too much hate at launch for it's bugs when the real issue is just that it was a very mediocre game regardless.

Top Bottom