• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It Takes Two sold 7 million copies

Bartski

Gold Member
Hazelight announced It Takes Two hitting a milestone of 7 mil copies sold today. Congrats to the studio and the fucking man.

It-Takes-Two-04.jpg

Last edited:

Gudji

Well deserved. His next game should be: "Fuck The Oscars: get my gamepad out of your fucking mouth". Will Smith as main character final boss Chris Rock.

Fbh

Not only is it nice seeing this game do well because of how good it is, but it's nice seeing it succeed doing things like:
- 2 player coop only and ideally played locally
- Fun 12-15 runtime that doesn't feel bloated or endlessly stretched out
- The whole friend pass mechanic allowing you to invite a friend and play the entire game together online at no additional cost with just 1 copy.

Really amazing level design and plain fun gameplay but the characters and writing are just mediocre.
Agreed, the writing and story was a little cringey, which disappointed me because the story was what initially drew me in. Gameplay made up for it though, my wife and I enjoyed playing it and laughed together at all the goofy story beats. I would love to have some more approachable coop games like this to share with casual gamer friends, congrats to their team!

I hated how long this game was and the story was annoying af with the book dude.

For a casual tho this was top tier. I played it with my gf and she always wanted to play but it would piss me off to no end bc our skill levels are quite opposite 😂

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
I bought it, my wife and I played it, we thought it was a sub par experience with a horrible story and the worst end level a game could ever have. That whole “singing” part where all the voice actress does is hum was just sad. Parts of the game were good (tearing the elephant to peices was funny), but overall it was just a half baked, subpar experience.

Last edited:

P.Jack

Great game! The only co-op 3D
action platformer I’ve enjoyed more than It Takes Two, and I’m not trying to be funny, is Knack 2.

timmyp53

I hated how long this game was and the story was annoying af with the book dude.

For a casual tho this was top tier. I played it with my gf and she always wanted to play but it would piss me off to no end bc our skill levels are quite opposite 😂
I had the same experience. The ongoing joke we had while playing was that it was real long tech demo. Overall though It's good this game was successful. Hoping for more like it that aren't as drawn out.

Bragr

Banned
That they are sticking to their guns and keeping it a pure co-op game with no matchmaking is ballsy and deserves respect. They got a vision and follow through.

Yelling fuck the Oscars at the video game equivalent of the Oscars. This guy is such an annoying douchebag. Brothers is still his best game. I thought. A Way Out was truly awful, and I never finished It Takes Two. I mean to go back and try to finish it eventually

reezoo

Deserves way more, only game my kids play with their friends when they visit and some of them visit to play this game.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Ok game. I haven't finished it because we where bored to death after a few hours. Too bad because there's some very interesting ideas in there but it's dragging too much.
Oh and yeah the "power of love/believe in yourself" thing was so obvious and forced that it was painfull.

Definitely one of the best CoOp experiences I had. So much variety and never a boring moment. Weakest part in my opinion was the story. Loved the elephant scene.

Wish it was crossplay. Otherwise it's a no play for me.

Good for them though on it's success. Had to look up the elephant scene so many people were getting emotinally scarred from and it left me in stitches.

Top Bottom