• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It Takes Two is reminding me of Titanfall 2

RPS37

Hear me out on this.

Titanfall 2 was a really polished FPS that introduced fresh new mechanics every 20 minutes and it was fantastic.
I just played the first few hours of It Takes Two last night with my friend and I was actually getting some real TF2 quality vibes. It’s possibly the best co op game I’ve ever played and it’s definitely the best game I’ve played in months.

If you like co op games, please check this game out.

Very easy game sadly and the main story isn't anything special but the game is incredibly fun, amazing sound design and soundtrack and quite a visual treat, Pixar-like. It never gets boring because they always introduce new gameplay mechanics. If this had an actual challenge it and a better story it could've been one of the best platformers ever. Still a nice game as it is. The final chapter was fucking incredible, visually and audio.

AnotherOne

Oh god. Thanks for reminding me of that terrible movie.
RprXV3N.gif

McCheese

I can’t believe someone could criticize the game for not being hard enough. 😂

Played this with the kids earlier, amazing game but yup - came to say it's surprisingly difficult, presumes you can chain double jumps and dashes and requires some rather complex coordination. We got stuck a few times and the game doesn't really have a pity timer and we had to stick at it until we finally got past it.

Highly enjoyable, but too easy? Nah

Gone

Banned
Thanks. You reminded me of the glory that is Titanfall 2 and how EA shoved it out to die.

My night is ruined TC.

It was actually Respawn who chose that release date.
Titanfall 2 is one of the best fps games ever and it could've reached maximum level of reach if it was released in January for example.

Played this with the kids earlier, amazing game but yup - came to say it's surprisingly difficult, presumes you can chain double jumps and dashes and requires some rather complex coordination. We got stuck a few times and the game doesn't really have a pity timer and we had to stick at it until we finally got past it.

Highly enjoyable, but too easy? Nah

Maybe your child is trash at videogames, tell him to sack up and quit fuckin around.

KAOS

No the game is not easy! You have to take that into consideration when playing with your significant other!

mxbison

I ant to play it with my 7 year old. Could he play it?

Should be fine, kids pick up on things crazy fast at that age. I played Rayman Legends with my 8 year old nephew and it was his first video game.

Might take a couple hours to learn but the game isn't frustrating since you just respawn if you fall down somewhere.

Brock2621

I just finished this with my fiancé over the weekend and holy crap, this game is PHENOMENAL. So much variety, so much charm, teamwork based co-op puzzles, a story of hope with a common goal of trying to get back to your little girl… I could go on and on. I cannot believe this game is only $40 and the second person gets to play it for free

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Played this the other day on pc with my son for some comfy couch co-op action.

It‘s brilliant. I love the way they’ve “borrowed” game mechanics from games like SM64 and Ratchet and Clank.
A very polished game. A fair bit harder then I thought it would be. Quite a decent challenge.

Top Bottom