• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It looks like Creative Assembly could be working on a Sega-themed FPS

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Total War and Alien Isolation studio has been working on the shooter for several years, but it’s yet to be shown publicly. According to job listings, the game will be “something radically different in the FPS space.”

The new image appears to suggest that one of the unique elements of the shooter will be its many references to other Sega titles.

Sonic can be seen floating in space, while a set of shelves next to the player house a Sega logo, a bunch of bananas (which may be a reference to Super Monkey Ball) and some paint-sprayed cassette tapes (which may refer to Jet Set Radio). There’s also a Virtua Racing screenshot on the wall.

Other potential references are less immediately clear, including some toilet rolls and a giant inflatable unicorn. The former may refer to Yakuza: Like a Dragon, which includes the need to collect toilet tissues, while the latter may refer to ToeJam & Earl, which included a rubber ring power-up.

Although the image notes that it’s “not representative of gameplay,” it’s likely representative of the overall tone and setting for the project.

creative-assembly-teaser-scaled.jpg

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Gniady, who was a producer for the original Destiny’s competitive PVP multiplayer modes, and a gameplay designer for the sequel’s sandbox, announced his move to the UK studio on social media this week.

It’s not clear who else is working on the shooter at CA, but Gniady’s pedigree in the competitive shooter space will surely benefit the development team.

MiguelItUp

The way its worded it seems if they are developing a multiplayer FPS based on the Alien franchise? Or is this just getting my hopes up too much? Reading too much into it?

Man, I really don't know. I can see this going in several different directions. But BOY do I want it to mean an Alien themed multiplayer title...

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In the most recent issue of Edge Magazine, Creative Assembly studio director Gareth Edmondson and creative director Alistair Hope offered a few details of their new project. Since 2018, the team behind the excellent Alien Isolation have been working on an "as-yet-unnamed science-fiction FPS."

According to Hope, this new game boasts a "drive for attention to detail and authenticity" and commits to "understanding the source material." Hope isn't offering any other clues as to what this source material could be as of now, though.

"It's our new IP, and it's a world that we're creating, and of course we're wringing our hands over it and we really want to get that right," chief product officer Rob Bartholomew adds. "We want to understand what authenticity in a blue ocean or an open sky looks like, when you've got a blank page in front of you," Bartholomew continues.

Griffon

Another space game.

I have nothing against the genre, it's cool. But it seems everybody in the industry had the same idea at the same time

Top Bottom