• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is your backlog longer than your completed log?

Is your backlog longer than your completed log?

• Yes

Votes: 80 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 56 37.3%
  • I sure hope not...

Votes: 14 9.3%

• Total voters

isoRhythm

Banned
No. I very carefully pick my games and then play about 1-2 games max at a time (excluding online games with friends). I generally play games to at least 70% trophy/achievement rate. My backlog has maybe 10-15 games.

Last edited:

Fredrik

If I count what I have on Steam, GOG and EGS the backlog is many times longer, like I don’t think it would possible to finish them all.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I only consider my back log as games I want to play, not games I’ve bought and haven’t played.

Backlog is Sekiro, Ghost of Tsushima & Monster Hunter Rise.

Zannegan

Absolutely, but I see it as a library rather than a backlog. I especially like picking up highly reviewed multiplayer games and saving them for when I have friends over. It's nice to have options.

That said, if it's not something I plan to play right this minute, I only buy on sale, so though my backlog would probably take longer to complete than my played list, it also cost a fraction those games did.

I do the same thing with digital books and audiobooks. It's worked out so far.

Since 5 years I am lucky enough to have children, so my time for games is super limited. So I only have time to play the real Goty contenders (I finish perhaps 4 or 5 games per year), literally everything else comes on the ever growing backlog. But yes, I know i will not ever finish it, because when my children are finally out of the house it will be so huge, that it would take more than one lifetime to finish it...

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I‘ve worked off my backlog around 2 years ago and it has been a blessing in many regards because not only did I clear it but along the way I was able to narrow don‘t the kind of games I actually enjoy playing. I noticed that I often looked back with rose tinted glasses on my childhood and many genres I didn‘t even like as much I though I am. Or maybe I just don’t like them any more…

So going forward it‘s become a lot easier for me to avoid backlogging in general as the games I know I will enjoy playing have shrinked significantly.

Cryio

The way I'm thinking about it is that a backlog is often times made of multiple titles from a franchise. So I try to make the conscious effect of finishing at least 1 title per franchise in a year.

For example, I finished Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes and 2. I finished Sly Cooper 1. I'm playing God of War 2005. I finished Killzone 1.

I can either continue with these franchises or finish the 1st entry in other franchises (Jak and Daxter and whatnot)

Last edited:

Arthimura

I actually finish most of my games, and my backlog is more of a healthy library of games, so I can have options to decide what I'm playing next.

And this generation I'm trying to purchase one game, play it until the end, and only after that buying a new one.

Alpha Male

I play/have played a bunch of different games in recent years and I've been able to pretty much knock out most of my backlog during that time as well.

Games that I have yet to play but will definitely play in the near future:

Cyberpunk 2077
Watch Dogs 1, 2 & Legion
Psyconauts 2
Monster Hunter Stories 2
Astral Chain
Metroid Dread
State of Decay 2
Steamworld Dig 2
Into the Breach

Games that I have started but need to finish:

Kingdoms of Amalur Re-reckoning
Metal Gear V
Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Stellaris
Fire Emblem 3 Houses
Wargroove
Snowrunner

Reactions: Isa
InexperiencedInfiniteAngelwingmussel-size_restricted.gif

• LOL

Chastten

Banned
Counting only the games I bought/received that I actually intend to play? No. I only have maybe 20-25 games in my backlog.

Counting all (digital) games I own, that I got via various humble bundles, giveaways, garage sales, friends cleaning up their attics etc. Yeah, got 100's of unplayed games from original Game Boy through PS4 that I have no interest in actually playing. Just the other day I got a NES, NGC and Xbox 360 plus a bunch of games from a friend who wanted to trash them because he was gonna move. Doubt I'll ever get to play much of it. But hey, it's there if I ever want to, so who knows.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I don't care about any backlog. I have games I'm currently playing, some games I know I have and want to play, but that's it.

No stress about it.

RAIDEN1

I'd say so yes, the first game I have completed this year was Backbone and only because it was relatively straight-forward and was like watching a show...and also it was the first game I have completed out of all the Gamepass games I have downloaded in the past year or so..still so much to get through, Mass Effect 2 DLC shadow-broker, along with the 2nd playthrough of Mass Effect 3, Guardians of the Galaxy, God of War 2018....Batman Arkham collection...(only one particular game out of the whole collection) Star Wars Squadrons, Transformers War for Cybertron...Call of Duty the one set in the 80s...

Keihart

its been a long fucking times since i had nothing to play, there is always something next on the queue, never ending queue you might say.

DelireMan7

Depend on the definition of backlog.

My backlog is the games I bought but didn't play. All games from PSplus,I don't include them.

For years I didn't had a backlog. I was playing immediately a game I just bought (I play only one game at a time).

The last 3/4 years I started to accumulate few games (around 10/15 I think). Mainly due to buying second hand copy of old games.

So my backlog is way smaller than my completed games.

Now if we speak about all the games I'd like to play eventually....

NahaNago

It wasn't before I got a gaming pc and then steam sales, humble bundles, and other cheap bundles happened and all of a sudden, I've got over 200 games and I've only ever installed like 10 of them ever.

I've moved on mostly from my pc gaming phase and I'm not buying any playstation games until I get a ps5 so the only thing I've been buying games for is the Switch.

Kuranghi

Hmmm, don't think so, if you count small games its probably a 100 games, but I don't even own them all yet and if you just mean bigger stuff its not even ten (10) games probably. Stop buying! Step away from the shopping cart!

While my backlog is indeed massive, it pales in comparison to my frontlog. I play with whichever I find appealing at the time, often bouncing between both. The best of both worlds one might say.

Agreed, my frontlog is also amazing and massive, I get compliments all the time.

Historically, yes, for a couple of reasons:

1. I tend to get deep into my games, which means I often play New Game+ or extra modes, do side missions/optional missions, go for Achievements, etc.
  2. I lead a socially and professionally very busy life, so I don't have as much time to play as I wish I had.
I've gotten better at making time to play games, though, so over the past couple of years, the answer is "No" -- I've most definitely beaten way more games than I've added to my backlog.

Top Bottom