• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there a modern-made RPG with heavy self-aware satire comedy elements?

Allandor

Well, RPG is a really flexible description. I would say "The Outer Worlds" is the only RPG in the last few years, that makes constantly fun of itself. Quite a good ride with your ship "The Unreliable", who doesn't want to make a trip on such a ship ;)

wipeout364

I also would say outer worlds. It’s gameplay is very much in the Bethesda Skyrim/Fallout vein though. Just a word of advice I would try to play it in a device with and SSD as the load times are long and frequent.

Nickolaidas

Undertale is very much a satire of RPG tropes, assuming you don't mean 3D graphics with 'modern made'
I think that Undertale is different kind of satire, but I kinda get it. It reminded me more of Buddy Simulator though.

But I need a voiced protagonist who acts like the character in the video I posted.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Both last South Park games and the Bard's Tale ARPG, not those other ones, this one:

apps.33613.14351919773829236.17768c0e-ff0d-4fe7-86a5-a0cdd0bfe3a6.d43e51e3-6068-48b9-8bd8-0484472c1178

This game is actually really funny.

Also obligatory:

junguler

Banned
self-aware usually translates to cringy when it comes to games especially if the game is developed in the west. not the best thing to look for imo.

april6e

Disgaea series
Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden
Paper Mario series
Monster Girl Quest Trilogy

Last edited:
Top Bottom