• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there a list of Xbox One X games and their performance upgrade on the Xbox Series X?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Just wondering if anyone has started a list, kind of like this? Not a list with just the ones with patches, but the ones without too.....

Tomb Raider - Original Frame rate = 24-30 rough at times Series X Frame Rate = 30 FPS basically locked Resolution: 4K
Far Cry 5 - Original Frame rate = Unlocked 60 (dips to 45) Series X Frame Rate = 60 FPS basically locked Resolution: 4K
Gears 5 - Original Frame rate = 30fps Series X Frame Rate = 60FPS Locked Resolution: 4K (Native patch released)

Etc.........

Last edited:
no list but perhaps we can share our favorite games.

Hitman 2, Sekiro, Forza 4, FFxv, monster hunter, fallout 4 are some off the top of the head that double in FPS.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Just wondering if anyone has started a list, kind of like this? Not a list with just the ones with patches, but the ones without too.....

Tomb Raider - Original Frame rate = 24-30 rough at times Series X Frame Rate = 30 FPS basically locked Resolution: 4K
Far Cry 5 - Original Frame rate = Unlocked 60 (dips to 45) Series X Frame Rate = 60 FPS basically locked Resolution: 4K
Gears 5 - Original Frame rate = 30fps Series X Frame Rate = 60FPS Locked Resolution: 4K (Native patch released)

Etc.........
Gears 5 was 60fps on the one x just the cutscenes went from 30 to 60

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots

Thanks, that showed me a few on the way. Funny it doesn't have the new star wars game listed, or doom eternal. I was also kind of hoping for a list of the ones that don't have a patch. Take rise of the tomb raider for example, I can't remember exactly how it ran on the xbox one x, other than I think it got choppy from time to time. I dont know if its locked at 30 or unlocked.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Thanks, that showed me a few on the way. Funny it doesn't have the new star wars game listed, or doom eternal. I was also kind of hoping for a list of the ones that don't have a patch. Take rise of the tomb raider for example, I can't remember exactly how it ran on the xbox one x, other than I think it got choppy from time to time. I dont know if its locked at 30 or unlocked.

Yeah, I think a second fan list might be in order.

Some of these games get serious improvements, without even being touched, if they have uncapped resolution and framerate. You’ve got some games hitting both in a way they never have before.

Skyfox

Some stuff just runs way better by default.

Terminator Resistance ran like ass on my one x but is mindblowingly better on my series x. Xenon racer too.

Stuff just looks phenomenal on a 4K HDR screen with the faster framerates etc.

Everything I've tried so far is much improved over one x.

I am VERY HAPPY.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Started Quantum Break again today as I just finished it for the first time a few weeks ago and the frame rate seems to be rock solid now which is fantastic as I thought it ran like shit on the One X. Shame Microsoft haven't worked their magic for the X/S on all their published games on the Bone and instead just a selection.

MrFunSocks

Banned
So most of those haven’t launched?

I waited 10 minutes loading Destiny 2 only to experience the last gen version.
Destiny 2 update comes out on December 8:

If you’ve got an Xbox you can literally see a giant “X/S” on the game tile for next gen optimised games.

If you’ve got an Xbox just look the game up on the store or in your library and it shows you if it is X/S enhanced.

Last edited:

Spokker

Far Cry 5 had an unlocked frame rate on Xbox One X? I remember it being a locked 30 fps.

Anyway, Assassin's Creed Liberation HD is locked 60 FPS on Xbox Series X. I'm sure you're all itching to get back to playing a port of a Vita game in all its glory.

Last edited:
Top Bottom