• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there a case where a game update completely stop the game from running on ps5? Lost Judgment refuse to run after update.

I got a problem. I purchased the Lost Judgment season pass after it go on sale but i am issue lauching the game after. It is like after i press play, it is just stuck there and then ps5 power down when i try to exit the game. When i power back on it say repairing the hdd i tried delete and reinstall, same issue. I then try installing the game without network and after the game install from disc it work fine. Then I turn on the network and download the update and the dlc then it stop running again.
And yes i try my other disc game and they work. I conclude somehow the game update somehow to run on my ps5.

i did everything including reset the system and rebuild the data base and I even get my hand on anotrher copy of the game fpr ps5. What I discovered was it is not the dlc that cuase the issue but the 1.11 patch. I did a small test where i install the game without the network. Once it is installed, the game run fine. I then install the kaito file without the 1.11 patch, it work but the dlc won;t work without the 1.11 patch. I then install the 1.11 patch and the game fail to run. I even use another copy of the game and still failed. My only other hope is to get a hand on ps4 copy. Is there any kind of possibility to get psn to refund the cost of the dlc so i cna buy it on xbox instead?

What can potentially cause this issue? none of my other disc game have issue like this. I don;t think it is my ps5 having issue since this is the only game that cuase it.

Banned
I got a problem. I purchased the Lost Judgment season pass after it go on sale but i am issue lauching the game after. It is like after i press play, it is just stuck there and then ps5 power down when i try to exit the game. When i power back on it say repairing the hdd i tried delete and reinstall, same issue. I then try installing the game without network and after the game install from disc it work fine. Then I turn on the network and download the update and the dlc then it stop running again.
And yes i try my other disc game and they work. I conclude somehow the game update somehow to run on my ps5.

i did everything including reset the system and rebuild the data base and I even get my hand on anotrher copy of the game fpr ps5. What I discovered was it is not the dlc that cuase the issue but the 1.11 patch. I did a small test where i install the game without the network. Once it is installed, the game run fine. I then install the kaito file without the 1.11 patch, it work but the dlc won;t work without the 1.11 patch. I then install the 1.11 patch and the game fail to run. I even use another copy of the game and still failed. My only other hope is to get a hand on ps4 copy. Is there any kind of possibility to get psn to refund the cost of the dlc so i cna buy it on xbox instead?

What can potentially cause this issue? none of my other disc game have issue like this. I don;t think it is my ps5 having issue since this is the only game that cuase it.

could this be a general bug with the game? are there reports of other players out there? if so it might be patched soon. if you reinstalled and everything it seems to me to be a general issue with the game and the 1.11 patch

as to refunds,
Sony has a no refund policy, if you live in the EU you have the right to a refund of any online bought item for up to 2 weeks. but I expect that getting the refund will be a long and not very streamlined process on PSN.
so in the EU they have to refund you, but they have no system in place and have to do everything manually and that can take a lot of time and effort

Last edited:

Banned
I try digging online but see no one have same issue

weird. what language setting are you playing on?
I am asking because I had an issue once with a game crashing and it was due to the german localisation

(it was Lego Star Wars 2 on gamecube if anyone is wondering... my teenage ass was horrified because the store I bought it at was 3 citys to the north and I thought the disc has a defect xD but I set it to english and it worked, it was a bug with the game... I was so happy, I got it 2 weeks ahead of launch too because the store put it in shelves by error apparently... suffice to say me and my brother played through the whole game in 1 sitting all night)

Last edited:
English text with japanese voice. It shouldn;t matter as the game on base 1.0 work fine. How exactly do i let sony or sega know i have issue

Minor update. I got a used gamestop copy for the ps4. I did the free upgrade thing and i downloaded the whole ps5 version.... still fail. HOWEVER, i install the on disc ps4 game and update is it fucking loaded for me. Now downloading the dlc to test so i can beat the dlc asap and then return the ps4 copy to gamestop. STILL have to figure out why ps5 version didn;t work even if it is fulled downloaded.

SScorpio

I had a weird issue where Fist of the Northstar: Lost Paradise (from the Yakuza devs) refused to work on my PS4 Pro with the patch. It ran fine on my original day one PS4, and PS5. The weird issue is the install fails when installing the patch on that system, not the game itself crashing.

Top Bottom