• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Sonic 2006 really THAT bad?!

Is Sonic 2006 a bad game?

• Yes

Votes: 74 68.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • 50/50

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • I haven't played a Sonic game since S & K

Votes: 11 10.2%

• Total voters

WolfusFh

Are there any mods that remove all that Town and People nonsense and just have Sonic Running the actual levels?
The fan made one, project 06. You just select the levels on the level screen. And the game is actually playable. It's on PC, but it isn't fully optimized, so it requires a good PC.

Yes, but honestly people are allowed to enjoy bad games.

That AVGN review was pretty underwhelming imo, it's a shame he sklipped the other character's stories, like he didn't even talk about Silver's billiard section smh. A lot of Modern AVGN reviews just repeat stuff other YouTubers say anyways, It's better when he talks about weird obscure games.
I dont think I REALLY ever play a Sonic game.

Every single one I pick up the controller to, I go this is the shit these Sonic fans hype up? Every single one. From 2D to Racing.
You do you, I like Mario, but I feel the series is too overhyped and vanilla for me, I'm only really a fan of the old RPG's by this point and I still prefer Sonic over Mario even if that series is way more flawed.
Here, ill make it simple for anyone out there asking "is *insert sonic game here* really that bad?"

If it's a sonic game that released after the Sega Genesis era, it's bad.
3D Sonic gets a lot of hate. Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Heroes, Unleashed and Generations are great games, and even if you don't like 3D Sonic, the Advance series and Mania exist. Bad taste x1
Yes. It's also the best Sonic game.
You must love Sonic if you always hop on threads related to him just to shit on the series. Bad Taste x2
Sonic mania was worse
Bad taste x3

Are there any mods that remove all that Town and People nonsense and just have Sonic Running the actual levels?
Idk and tbh I think the idea of the town and people segments was great in SA1, but was ruined in 06 by having to force you to do side-missions to progress. The NPC's also lack much of the personality they had in SA1, with how they had their own little suvbplots and reacted to the events of the main plot. I kinda wish Project 06 keeps them in, but makes the missions optional and makes the progress closer to SA1.

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
Lol another hater. We already owned you in that thread, you suck at Sonic games, and have a hateboner because it was the first mascot that ever competed against Mario. You and many people here must learn that the 90's are over.
Already owned you in an online debate over a game

giphy.gif

People here like to rpely with dumb gifs over actual arguments. I will say it again they're great games, like the classics, people just suck at them.

I dunno man, as an adult I dont make it a habit to argue about videogames. Especially Sonic ffs. So enjoy this win bro, you earned it.

O OmegaSpirit32X I commend you for still being spirited enough to argue about the 3D Sonic games you've enjoyed. I've enjoyed about 70% of 3D Sonic games too, as they're good B games, but I just don't have the care/fight in me anymore to try and convince other people online of what to play, especially those with nostalgic times on their minds. Some people will live a lifetime never watching your favorite movie or reading your favorite book and they'll gladly say they were fine doing so. It is what it is.

O OmegaSpirit32X I commend you for still being spirited enough to argue about the 3D Sonic games you've enjoyed. I've enjoyed about 70% of 3D Sonic games too, as they're good B games, but I just don't have the care/fight in me anymore to try and convince other people online of what to play, especially those with nostalgic times on their minds. Some people will live a lifetime never watching your favorite movie or reading your favorite book and they'll gladly say they were fine doing so. It is what it is.
Yeah.
You have a sonic OC character, don't you?
Call me crazy but when it isn't trolls making memes, genuinely making Sonic OC's can be really fun. And there's some that genuinely look and feel like stuff the people at SEGA/Sonic Team would come up with
Clearly there is. You're just unwilling to keep up with it, despite it's simplicity. Maybe you don't deserve to live real humans, since you've shown your inability to approach things rationally.
Sonic 06 sucks though. Even as a 3D Sonic enjoyer, Sonic 06 is garbage in every way and Adventure 1 did everything 1000x times better.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Why do you think this is the ONLY Sonic game that isn't BC on Xbox? That should tell you everything you need to know.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yes, but honestly people are allowed to enjoy bad games.

That AVGN review was pretty underwhelming imo, it's a shame he sklipped the other character's stories, like he didn't even talk about Silver's billiard section smh. A lot of Modern AVGN reviews just repeat stuff other YouTubers say anyways, It's better when he talks about weird obscure games.

You do you, I like Mario, but I feel the series is too overhyped and vanilla for me, I'm only really a fan of the old RPG's by this point and I still prefer Sonic over Mario even if that series is way more flawed.

3D Sonic gets a lot of hate. Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Heroes, Unleashed and Generations are great games, and even if you don't like 3D Sonic, the Advance series and Mania exist. Bad taste x1

You must love Sonic if you always hop on threads related to him just to shit on the series. Bad Taste x2

Bad taste x3
Maybe it's a you problem

Reizo Ryuu

IIRC it had some cool moments, but it was pretty bad throughout.
It would have been a bunch better without all those talking > loading screen > talking > loading screen > fail mission > loading screen > talking > loading screen > try again dumb shit; but even then it would only reach "mediocre". Sonic and Elise kissing was just weird.

Larxia

I think it had potential to be a very decent Sonic Adventure 3, but it's ruined by a lot of issues.
I don't think it's a terrible game in itself, I actually enjoyed it, but is the overall experience great? No, because of its various problems.

One of the worst problems in my opinion are the loadings, they are HORRIBLE, they're extremely long and when doing side quests you will always have the loading twice, because for some reason they decide to reload the whole scene just for one line of dialogue from the NPC you're talking to, and then reloading the scene for the actual mission, it's extremely stupid and I can't comprehend how they thought this was good.
It also has frequent bugs, collision issues and various problems making the gameplay less enjoyable than it could be.

It just feels like a beta of a cancelled game or something, it's unpolished, unfinished.
I do think however that it could have been a decent game if they decided to port it to new consoles / PC with fixes for all the issues people mention all the time, and maybe some reworked visuals since it's been a while now and some areas could use improved lighting and such to make them feel less flat. If this ever happened (which I know it won't) I would be ready to play it again if it was in good conditions.

As my grandad always used to say, "never engage with a Sonic fan as they'll try to trick you into wearing a fur suit and then have relations with you".
We get it a favorite youtuber of yours made a joke about Sonic fans being le furries because we like a franchise about colorful cartoon animals and some people made some creepy stuff on DeviantArt even though Pokemon fans are just as if not worse in that aspect.
You're not funny.

Last edited:
No, I'm not even an old time fan. I just can discuss things logically.
I understand that this is a new concept for you, considering all you seem to do is throw useless shit and baseless assumptions.
A lot of people in NeoGaf are stuck in 2016. You can't enjoy something as harmless as liking and making little cartoon animals without being bullied anyways.
Called it
Cringe culture is dead.

Last edited:

Labolas

As someone who has bought the game on launch, yes it is that bad. The game was released as a broken mess.

Top Bottom