• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Society Evolving or Devolving ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose92

[Membe
With the rise of the woke culture some norms of society is changing, is it forthe better ?

There is no denying that the woke movement has it's merits, enabling people to be more understanding and accepting of differences be it racial, cultural or sexual. It Is a big step forward for us as a human race. Our differences should not define how we should treat each other.

But Has it become a Cult/Religion ? You either believe in it or you should be cancelled?

What is non-Binary? What is Gender-Fluid? These ideologies have become more prevalent in recent history, but why? Can you defy Human Biology? Can you as an individual define your gender? Is it for people to feel more special to feel more unique? is it an identity crisis for the many ? is it because of the participation culture a lot of new generation youngsters have been raised on?

Are we as Society Evolving or Devolving?

nush

There is no denying that the woke movement has it's merits, enabling people to be more understanding and accepting of differences be it racial, cultural or sexual. It Is a big step forward for us as a human race.

Is 92 the year you were born?

McCheese

You can't really devolve a society, it is always evolving - the question is if it's evolving for the better or worse.

Given the choice I'd rather go back and live in the 80's than the 2020's - but I hear these thing eb and flow, and if you go back to the 50's you have a lot of the same issues we have today, so maybe the 2040's will kick ass again. The demographic shifts happening over the next few decades are going to radically change things too, I'm not optimistic we won't repeat the same mistakes against the new minorities.

Last edited:
There is no denying that the woke movement has it's merits, enabling people to be more understanding and accepting of differences be it racial, cultural or sexual. It Is a big step forward for us as a human race. Our differences should not define how we should treat each other.

There's no denying this? I was pretty sure that being "woke" meant you thought you were doing all of the above but the actual reality is the complete opposite. "Woke" people, who are normally middle-class with the safest, cushiest upbringings and never had to deal with a real problem, pretend to know what other people's issues are and seemingly have all the apparent solutions. Meanwhile, they're usually causing more harm to the people they are supposedly helping.

The kind of people trying to undo MLK's efforts, for example, by recreating racial segregation. How is it any benefit to society when these guys point out skin colors everywhere and demand treating people differently based on those merits alone, then claiming with all their might that they're anti-racist?

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned
We devolve; instead of coming together the morons have fund new ways to devide us again.

If the group you belong to is the most important aspect about you we are back to tribalism.

Jose92

[Membe
Is 92 the year you were born?
Yes it is.

There's no denying this? I was pretty sure that being "woke" meant you thought you were doing all of the above but the actual reality is the complete opposite. "Woke" people pretend to know what other people's issues and have all the apparent solutions while usually causing more harm to the people they are supposedly helping. The kind of people trying to undo MLK's efforts, for example, by recreating racial segregation.
I agree 100% and that is what i was trying to allude to, the idea is good but the application is poor. Again this is my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom