• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is single player just "proof of concept" for multiplayer?

Is multiplayer gamings true form?

• Yes and my body is ready.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Yes and I hate it.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • No but the OP does bring up some interesting points.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • No, single player will rise again!

Votes: 41 85.4%

• Total voters

Three

My opinion is irrelevant. PlayStation, arguably the most successful single player oriented company in modern times, has now shifted to a multiplayer focus.

Are they doing this because multiplayer is a smaller piece of the pie? Are they doing this because multiplayer isn't growing? Do you not see Steamcharts and XBL most played? Honestly, how do you navigate these questions?

You have to throw your preferences to the side and read the market.
No they are doing this because it has become increasingly difficult to sell games when what is making money is getting peoples attention and charging for MTXs. In free to play games or those offered "free" in subs. Free to play games are not 8-20hr single player experiences but selling skins and emotes in a never ending grind of competition. You are seeing games that were single player like FF and GTA find success because they shifted people with a known IP/brand. They had attention and used that to shift to the multiplayer with mtxs model.

Top Bottom