• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Nintendo going to do a Zelda collection next year? Considering how much they charge For the Pikmin 3 port.

Kokoloko85

So I was thinking about the Zelda Anniversary next year again and what Nintendo will do with it.

Hoping for the 3DS ports of Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask and the Wii U ports of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

And they will probably straigyt port Skyward Sword.

But after seeing them Port Pikmin 3 from Wii U ( and it doesnt look as good as the Wii U version ) for £50.
Will they actually release them together or even at all?

Will they put together the originals or the upgraded version? Will they sell Wind Waker and Twilight Princess separate for £50 each like Pikmin 3?

What do you guys think and hope for?

Yes Im scared Nintendo will either release the originals or charge £50 each for the Wii U ports..

Kokoloko85

Nintendo fans : buying the exact same games every generation, and asking for more of it.

All these games are playable on Wii U.

3DS versions of OOT and MM aren’t on Wii U are they?

And I sold my Wii U ages ago, I want them on Switch. I just dont want to pay £50 for each.... ( Damn you Nintendo I already bought PIkmin 3 and WW HD )

Hard to say. Depending on what they have next year, they might not do a collection of any sort at all. It's entirely possible they'll just release BotW2, some DLC for Age of Calamity and perhaps some kind of 2D remake.

Illo

I hope they remake Ocarina of Time 3D and Majoras Mask 3D again. Without the second screen, those games need a lot of tweaks.

The touch screen made the water temple and ease of putting on iron boots more efficient in OOT.

Majoras Mask saw a lot of awful changes to both its difficulty, gameplay mechanics and boss fights that need to change.

Wind Waker HD is more or less fine for what it is. The same for Twilight Princess HD but I'd love it if Nintendo went over TPHD to give it the same treatment WWHD got.

So do overs:
3DS games

Ports:
Wii u titles

Skyward Sword NEEDS traditional control options made available.

Nintendo fans : buying the exact same games every generation, and asking for more of it.

There's nothing wrong with porting games so a younger generation can discover them.

The Wii U sold horribly and a lot of people never got to play those HD remakes.

And porting the Wii U games to the Switch makes them portable.

3DS games are entirely different scenario.

Last edited:
Good question. I could see possibly OoT, WW, and TP in a collection with a full SS remaster. But there haven’t been too many combo packs that I’m aware of. Only OoT/MM and the Collector’s Edition that also packed in Zelda and Zelda II.

But Nintendo doesn’t typically do a collector pack with Zelda like with Mario so I can’t be confident in that being the case. I could just as well see them releasing the games individually. This year I think the only reason we got SM3DAS is because there is no big Mario game for the holidays. Otherwise it would have been SM3DW. I can see SS and BotW2 happening next year in May and November.

Fbh

Given their recent history I expect some lazily put together pack of Zelda 1, A link to the Past and Ocarina of Time in a "limited edition physical release" for $60.
And maybe standalone $60 ports of Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD (Maybe with a limited edition physical duo pack for $100 or something)

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Some heavy wishes OP I believe after Breath of Wild (still hard to process it’s greatness) Nintendo is focusing on that sequel and once post breath of the wild open world hype wears off they’ll release some throwback Zelda games.

Dodo123

They probably will do something similar - few reasons:
- Skyward Sword wasn't re-released yet and Switch is capable of mimicking the motion controls
- They released HD remasters of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on Wii U, so they just need to port these to Switch

Voilà you have a collection ;)

They will and those games ae going to be lazy ports just like what they did with Mario this year.

Also they might release some "time limited" games that will expire at some point just for good measure.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Well they already have an emulator for n64, cube and wii, so I don't see why not, specially considering that making that collection will be cheaper than the Mario one, as they already have said emulators working.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
I'm hoping for OOT and MM 3DS ports as I would like to play them on the TV. Wii U Twilight Princess and Wind Waker would also be great since the Wii U hardware can be unreliable and isn't exactly easily available.

Hoping for Skyward Sword with reworked controls as well.

GAMETA

Banned
Expectations: Collection with OoT 3D (N64 version and MQ as unlockables), MM 3D (N64 version unlockable), WW HD, TP HD, SS HD and ALBW.

Reality: OoT N64 in 20fps, WW from GameCube, SS in 480p playable with joy-cons only.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
If it happens it'll probably be OoT, Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD

If so, I probably won't buy as I already have them on Wii U. The Wii U gamepad was awesome for inventory management and maps on WW which won't be possible on Switch. But for all those Switch owners who didn't have a Wii U it'll be an awesome buy.

What I would like is a 2D Zelda collection. Hit me with the LoZ, ALttP, Oracles and Minish Cap Combo and they can take all of my Rupees.

ExpandKong

Banned
I'm thinking two full-priced collections, one with OoT, Master Quest & MM (3DS versions would be nice but being Nintendo I'm sure they'll just leverage the N64 emulator they've already got for Mario 64) and one with TPHD and WWHD.

Maybe they'll expand the NSO offerings to include GB games by that point and they'll throw up Link's Awakening/Oracle Games/Minish Cap on the service, like they did with Mario All-Stars for Mario's 35th.

It'll also be Skyward Sword's 10th anniversary so a standalone remaster of that probably isn't too big a stretch, though I'm playing through the game again now and I just can't see how they'd create a handheld motion-free control scheme for that one. Mario Galaxy's motion and pointer stuff was much less complicated than Skyward Sword's, and that game's a headache to play in handheld mode itself.

And then Breath of the Wild 2 to cap it all off.

kiphalfton

The irony is all the games are playable on the Wii U... But I only ever see extreme hatred towards the Wii U. Without the Wii U, the Switch wouldn't have a good chunk of it's library.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I can't say enough times that I don't want the 3DS versions. Bright, less ominous dungeons is just one of many tonal problems with OoT's visual revamp, and what was done to MM in gameplay was hideous.

They look lovely, relatively, but there's more to being a definitive version than just looking good.

Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD on the other hand, yes, yes, yes. These and cleaned up N64 versions of Zelda would make a great package.

Last edited:
***POSSIBLE SPOILERS****

Word from trusted sources is it’s going to be multiple things :
Skyward Sword HD in Q1 ( think twilight princess HD in terms of scope. )
Oracle games remake by Grezzo. (Less plastic looking then LA. Both games combined into one. )

Ocarina and majora n64 emulation on a new online service that will contain emulations of all of Nintendo’s old library. This will release in spring , what a coincidence , right when the Mario all stars package will disappear . ( to be sold separately on new online service .)

- a new Free to play four swords type online game. ( was originally meant for mobile but this has been reconsidered.)

-Breath of the Wild part 2 finale of the year. (Will be a must play in the new Super Switch.)

Ten_Fold

I can see either OOT(N64), WWHD, TPHD all for $60. Then put SSHD with traditional controls options.

what I want: OOT/MM(HD, 3DS versions, optional N64 versions) WWHD, and TPHD. I see SSHD being the stand alone. I want the ages/seasons games to come as well.

Last edited:

Codes 208

I expect some kind of remaster but kind of in the same vein as sm3das.

I’m sure the six people who still play Wii U are happy with that.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Didn't Nintendo kinda give away a Zelda collection on the game cube as a bonus at one point? Not saying they will do that here, but I wouldn't assume that's three way they will handle Zelda based on the pikmen approach. Or maybe that was because the GameCube struggled. I'm guessing pikmen is full priced because it barely got visibility on the WiiU.

HotPocket69

Banned
So I was thinking about the Zelda Anniversary next year again and what Nintendo will do with it.

Hoping for the 3DS ports of Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask and the Wii U ports of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

And they will probably straigyt port Skyward Sword.

But after seeing them Port Pikmin 3 from Wii U ( and it doesnt look as good as the Wii U version ) for £50.
Will they actually release them together or even at all?

Will they put together the originals or the upgraded version? Will they sell Wind Waker and Twilight Princess separate for £50 each like Pikmin 3?

What do you guys think and hope for?

Yes Im scared Nintendo will either release the originals or charge £50 each for the Wii U ports..

Yeah probably. It’ll be Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD with a waggle free Skyward Bored.

And you’ll pay $60 for it and LIKE it.

Kokoloko85

no way they give us all three of those for $60. Hell, even 2 of those for $60 might be more than They are willing to do.

Yeah 2 at most for $60, if that.

I really hope they don’t skimp out with OOT and MM 3D and instead they give us N64 online service with OOT and MM at like 22fps lol

Kokoloko85

Expectations: Collection with OoT 3D (N64 version and MQ as unlockables), MM 3D (N64 version unlockable), WW HD, TP HD, SS HD and ALBW.

Reality: OoT N64 in 20fps, WW from GameCube, SS in 480p playable with joy-cons only.

Most probably lol

Kokoloko85

I can't say enough times that I don't want the 3DS versions. Bright, less ominous dungeons is just one of many tonal problems with OoT's visual revamp, and what was done to MM in gameplay was hideous.

They look lovely, relatively, but there's more to being a definitive version than just looking good.

Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD on the other hand, yes, yes, yes. These and cleaned up N64 versions of Zelda would make a great package.

Id take the N64 versions if they sorted the FPS. If not I want the 3DS versions

Kokoloko85

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS****

Word from trusted sources is it’s going to be multiple things :
Skyward Sword HD in Q1 ( think twilight princess HD in terms of scope. )
Oracle games remake by Grezzo. (Less plastic looking then LA. Both games combined into one. )

Ocarina and majora n64 emulation on a new online service that will contain emulations of all of Nintendo’s old library. This will release in spring , what a coincidence , right when the Mario all stars package will disappear . ( to be sold separately on new online service .)

- a new Free to play four swords type online game. ( was originally meant for mobile but this has been reconsidered.)

-Breath of the Wild part 2 finale of the year. (Will be a must play in the new Super Switch.)

Say it aint so about the N64 emulation. I dont want to be tied to online service and especially for a crappy 22fps version :(

And will WW HD and TW HD ever come?

I may
Say it aint so about the N64 emulation. I dont want to be tied to online service and especially for a crappy 22fps version :(

And will WW HD and TW HD ever come?

I may have misspoke about “emulation” or “port” ... to my knowledge it will have the same kind of simple up Rez that the recent Mario 64 release had.

Meesh

I really want a Zelda anniversary collection. I don't even care about the price at this point! Hard to know how many games would make it into a Switch 3d collection...

Zelda OoT
Majoras Mask.
Twilight Princess.
+Art book.
+strategy guides.

???

*could also add Wind Waker or Skyward Sword, even replace Twilight.

Hopefully this coincides with BotW2 release.

If so, I probably won't buy as I already have them on Wii U. The Wii U gamepad was awesome for inventory management and maps on WW which won't be possible on Switch. But for all those Switch owners who didn't have a Wii U it'll be an awesome buy.

What I would like is a 2D Zelda collection. Hit me with the LoZ, ALttP, Oracles and Minish Cap Combo and they can take all of my Rupees.

What about Zelda II?

diffusionx

Gold Member

Nah, they'll sell WW HD and TP HD separately, like they have all Wii U ports.

And if they did OOT and MM it would probably be the N64 games as opposed to the 3DS versions, 20fps and all.

I still think there is a chance they remake Oracles a la LA, but it would be separate of course.

Just saying, everyone, keep your expectations very low.

Last edited:
Top Bottom