• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is my PS4 pro dying?

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
My kid was playing Minecraft on the PS4 pro today and some mobs/ and textures went a strange purple, like they were in a box.

I assumed something was corrupted so I uninstalled it and they went away but this isn't the first time it has happened and it was much more wide spread this time. The first time it was a single character.

Is this an indicator of a dying GPU with artifacts or more likely software? I lean towards software but would appreciate feedback.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Does it happen in any other game?
I don't know in all honesty. I switched over to shadow of the Colossus and didn't see anything but I ran it for less than a minute. You raise a good point though and I should do some more testing before asking.

Quasicat

Sounds like a bad install/download. I got it every so often with my old isp…which did rural over the air internet called “Skynet”.
Once I switched to Spectrum, I never had that issue again. Usually I would delete the install and redownload it, that pretty much would stop the issue.
Good luck with your console.

Last edited:
Open it up and give it a clean

tenor.gif

...Or I can do it for you OP

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom