• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it outrageous for me to feel that God would have done far better waiting until Modern times to do the Jesus/Muhammad stuff?

Had he simply waited 2 thousand years all of his works would have been documented in 4K/HDR/120hz and there wouldn't be holy wars and confusion?

Why bestow this kind of wisdom to illiterate people in the desert?

200w.gif

Last edited:

belmarduk

Jesus would probably be ok with his magic tricks and whatnot.
Mohammed probably wouldn't get too far with his "an angel came to me in a cave and told me to document what god says, despite the fact I'm illiterate" bit.

Diddy X

It doesn't work like that, if you have faith you don't need that kind of proof lol, also the "confusion" and holy wars are irrelevant, also very little people will be saved, like 1 out of 10, God doesn't really care about beating the devil in numbers.

Last edited:

mr.dilya

Banned
There is no mystery god, the son of man has searched for this so-called mystery god for trillions of years and was unable to find a mystery god, so they have agreed that the only god is the sun of man. So they lose no more time searching for that that does not exist.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Yeah, the blood covenant would be hard to justify in modern times. Imagine the fear people had of going to hell when they couldn’t Google it? Which makes me wonder, why didn’t Jesus come back? Did he just wait for social media to take everyone’s soul. He/Him must have known that Tiktok, Facebook, and YouTube would turn his children away from him. Religion is oppression in a lot of ways. It feeds on someone’s fear of death. I sometimes wonder why Jesus promised to come back and we have multiple generations of people living and dying. It doesn’t make sense to me. Is he waiting for us to bring back the dead before he makes an appearance?

farmerboy

I mean, back then it was a flood, some guys walking through a desert and a hippie preaching love who got a very raw deal and got crucified for his trouble.

We might see Armageddon. Now thats gonna be a real shitshow worth seeing.

jason10mm

Gold Member
There is no mystery god, the son of man has searched for this so-called mystery god for trillions of years and was unable to find a mystery god, so they have agreed that the only god is the sun of man. So they lose no more time searching for that that does not exist.
I can't tell if this is deeply, incredibly, profound or just typical internet drivel with a key typo :p

If he had come today we would crucify him again, and big tech would do everything in its power to make sure you can't find any videos of miracles he performed, and scientists on hand to explain "these are just tricks/illusions."

Part of the message is that the people that killed him knew he was divine but killed him anyways because he was a threat to their power.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
The timing of if doesnt matter if consciousness isn't ready. Also, who cares about love and all the ascension it'll bring if there's a construct in which power above others etc is still a thing?

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

Had he simply waited 2 thousand years all of his works would have been documented in 4K/HDR/120hz and there wouldn't be holy wars and confusion?

Why bestow this kind of wisdom to illiterate people in the desert?

200w.gif
This is my biggest knock against religion. It’s eyewitness accounts documented originally in a different language on papyrus or stone tablets and the true source material Is long since decomposed: as a result, no one knows what the original writer’s intent or literal true words were. Like if I say “Ni Hao” it’s translated to “Hello” but it actually means “You Good?”

If anything I’m with TJefferson if god exists it’s a divine watch maker and or the laws of physics who set it and forgot it. Plus any sufficiently advanced technology to quote Clarke is indistinguishable from magic: show up in ancient Mesopotamia in body armor with an AK47 boomstick or even a revolver and suddenly you are the indestructible god of war and fire.

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned
It doesn't work like that, if you have faith you don't need that kind of proof lol, also the "confusion" and holy wars are irrelevant, also very little people will be saved, like 1 out of 10, God doesn't really care about beating the devil in numbers.
And That is 1 of 10 Christians.

That's the challenge you're presented with. God set the stage. Now you must perform. You will be judged.
Exactly. God is not limited by time and space. The stage was set and the creator knows every in and out and possibility.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
This is my biggest knock against religion. It’s eyewitness accounts documented originally in a different language on papyrus or stone tablets and the true source material Is long since decomposed: as a result, no one knows what the original writer’s intent or literal true words were. Like if I say “Ni Hao” it’s translated to “Hello” but it actually means “You Good?”

If anything I’m with TJefferson if god exists it’s a divine watch maker and or the laws of physics who set it and forgot it. Plus any sufficiently advanced technology to quote Clarke is indistinguishable from magic: show up in ancient Mesopotamia in body armor with an AK47 boomstick or even a revolver and suddenly you are the indestructible god of war and fire.

It's not even a knock, just simple, factual and logical observation.

Events, knowledge and such forth that's worthy in a general sense and more so to such an extent it has to be preserved, maintaining it's pure message is inherently subjugated to subjective interpretation, abilitys, intention and more facets to even count of the subjects that have to do the maintaining. Over time the facts and (subtle) changes that have to be made in terms of orginal experience >> interpretation with knowledge gained as time passed. Therefore reinterpretation which would make the retelling (for lack of a better word) parallel with the ever evolving consciousness as time goes. This is not the case.

Blabla to much so say. Nvm.

TLDR: My English sucks, sorry...

Last edited:

belmarduk

Well Mormons still believe a dude translated a script only he could read. Didn't stop people from buying into that.

Joseph Smith did that in the 1800s. Today we have the internet and it is easy to debunk scams like that. He also never had the following Jesus did.

Mobilemofo

If he has returned, he has some fuckin questions to answer.. Where the fuck have you been? Why have you done nothing? Why haven't you told anybody about your return? It's a bit rude mate.. Can I have your mobile number?

Also, if having faith means you require no proof, as people believe, then it's a full © isn't it.. 😅

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
The moral principles of religion guided civilization to where it is today.

The initial *teachings* that led to the construct we call religion has to be perceived as separate and treated as such. Think basing your beliefs, morals and fundamental way you use to base everything on is based on a news report instead of having first hand knowledge/experience

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
He wasn't a white male. And he's dead so he's not coming back to save anyone. Been a few thousand years, time to move on.

Gender only matters in a construct in which it does. Information is timeless. The mere fact you're having to reply to such a comment speaks volumes to our collective level of consciousness and therefore single handedly makes OP's question very difficult to discuss.

Last edited:
Top Bottom