• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare A Political Game? Here's Infinity Ward Answer.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I won't be surprised if Call of Duty Modern Warfare gets bad press for it's campaign, we've seen nothing else from the franchise.

Neolombax

The campaign will be a controversy, and if Youtubers are to be believed, it will dwarf No Russian. As someone who looks forward to CoD campaigns, this interests me a lot.

That said, BO4 has soured me from buying more CoD games. But it is a different team managing it, and what I've seen so far seems to be really promising, especially the gun customization. I feel as though for CoD games these days, a maturing period of maybe 3-4 months is needed to really decide if its worth a purchase. Usually by this time, the community would have a better feel for how the game is going to be supported, and enough time to see if the microstransaction bullshit will rear its head finally.

MB1

Banned
By the very nature of military games they are all political, they can try to gloss over it with PR speak but that's the truth.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I won't be surprised if Call of Duty Modern Warfare gets bad press for it's campaign, we've seen nothing else from the franchise.
Far Cry 5 got knocked because apparently it didn't go far enough for some reviewers tastes even though the game was in development way before Trump got elected and it's blatantly clear that they took a ton of reference from David Koresh and his cult.

GAMETA

Banned
It's great to depict and explore politics in games, it's conflict of interests, it's human nature. Leads to wondering, discussing, understanding and respecting history and philosophy.

The problem lies where we already know, the twitter fags political agenda trying to... Ahh whatever, it tires me.

Hearing the way Infinity Ward talks about this game and the way their team has gelled together is setting some really high expectations for me. I really hope it does not disappoint.

Top Bottom