• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is bloodborne's dlc worth 20 euros?

sircaw

Banned
Yeah i already beat amelia and visited cainhurst, i only need to beat 3-4 bosses, king of smurfs, ebrietas, the old guy and the secret boss, i have the 3 thimgs for the ritual already.

I usually don't give a damn about emotes but who is the big eye?
You know those annoying things that sing and shoot you?

I don't want to spoil it incase you have not got their yet. Its been a long time since i played the game.

Only click on it if you dont care about spoilers.
you might have already done it. Just not gone to see it or find its location.

If i recall its somewhere after you kill the guy with the helmet that keeps running away from you.

GymWolf

You know those annoying things that sing and shoot you?

I don't want to spoil it incase you have not got their yet. Its been a long time since i played the game.

Only click on it if you dont care about spoilers.
you might have already done it. Just not gone to see it or find its location.

If i recall its somewhere after you kill the guy with the helmet that keeps running away from you.

Oh yeah i already saw that thing, it was near the blood rock that you need to get the weapon at +10, i thought he was cute and never killed him.

Oh also, is there another blood rock in the dlc to get another weapon at +10??

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Oh yeah i already saw that thing, it was near the blood rock that you need to get the weapon at +10, i thought he was cute and never killed him.
well you should of learned an emote before you go right and kill the bosses with the little blue aliens.
ITs a contact emote
If you stand at the eye and use that emote yill will get an achievment. you need to stand still for like 20 seconds or something for it to work.

GymWolf

well you should of learned an emote before you go right and kill the bosses with the little blue aliens.
ITs a contact emote
If you stand at the eye and use that emote yill will get an achievment. you need to stand still for like 20 seconds or something for it to work.
Ah it is fine, i absolutely don't care about gestures or achievements, thanks anyway.

sircaw

Banned
Ah it is fine, i absolutely don't care about gestures or achievements, thanks anyway.
no problems its just something interesting, you also get something if you kill the eyeball. So you could get two birds with one stone if you ever go back there again

GymWolf

no problems its just something interesting, you also get something if you kill the eyeball. So you could get two birds with one stone if you ever go back there again
I think the reward is a way easier way to get the blood rock, i died a couple of times from craziness thank to that thing being still alive.

GymWolf

Bloodborne dlc is in another league to the Witcher3 dlc.
I hardly think so, both expansion are better than the vanilla game, not sure if old hunter is up to the task.
Also this dlc is how long? 10 h at best? The witcher expansion are almost 2 complete games...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So i'm replaying bloodborne during these days and i'm almost at the end but i never played the dlc, is it worth the full price on the psn?

How many hours long? New weapons? Bosses? Enemies?

Thanks.

Yes, it's worth it, nice and meaty.

If you can hold off, they have had it on sale for $5 in the past. But if not, it's still well worth it at full.

Last edited:
long answer - YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"
middle answer - "YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS"
short answer - "YES"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
One of the only DLCs of the generation that is actually worth it.

HarryKS

That's a bit expensive when you can get the whole game for the same price.

I've only seen it on sale once.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
YES, YES, YES, YES!!! It has one of the most epic boss with most epic music.

Last edited:
YES, YES, YES, YES!!! It has one of the most epic boss with most epic music.

The summons were so fucking hilarious when this first came out. 90% of players you would summon for help would die before phase 2 lol. Sometimes they would die in the first 10 seconds.

Ludwig was the frigging Vietnam of boss fights.

edit: I'll even go as far as to say Ludwig is more difficult then any of the bosses in Sekiro save for the end bosses.

Last edited:
Oh guys another thing, during my first run on bloodborne i never cared about the chalice dungeons, are they good enough? Like the have new enemies, bosses and rewards?

There are new enemies and new bosses. Generally the lay-out is a bit boring and the worse part is if you haven't done it as you level up, because it can easily become a chore to go through all of them at once. A lot of the bosses are great, though a problem at times is facing them at the correct level.
Personally I love the Watchdog of the Old Lords in the Defiled Chalice. That's because even if he's mechanically really simple, he's a real test of your spacing and your nerves. He basically has a one-hit charge, meaning mastering that tell is really satisfying. It's the boss I struggled the most with during the whole game because I constantly failed that charge.

I don't hate the chalice dungeons, though I feel like they're a beta feature, as it could definitely be improved upon. A better level design, more exclusive rewards and a better progression method, would've definitely helped it a lot. Would've also loved to see them perfect the randomization as well for the root chalices, even perhaps having a randomized boss (as in the moveset and features of the boss) if that could work.

Sygma

Honestly Old Hunters, Frozen Wilds and Blood and Wine are must have dlcs this gen and its not even close

Last edited:
Top Bottom