• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Alien vs. Predator Jaguar open-world or nahh?

Is Alien vs. Predator Jaguar open-world or nahh?

• yeah, absolutely.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • nahh, not at all, it is still the same key hunting.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • It's Metroidvania-esque

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • more open than most FPS back then, but not enough to be called open-world

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • I have another opinion that will write in the comments

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters
Nope. They did not categorize it this way at all. And I wrote about it in one of my previous posts. No form of advertisement did it.

So why are you lying about it?
You mean where you posted this?
3Yfz5vx.jpg

Do you notice anything... familiar here? Uncomfortably so?

3gdgJdK.jpg
You did post this right? You’re effectively arguing against yourself. And you have the gall to call me a liar because you can’t separate facts from opinion? Well, if personal insults are officially on the table, please be sure to donate your body to science after you pass away. The world’s greatest minds will find no shortage of curiosity while examining your skull, as it’s clearly so tremendously dense that it puts osmium to shame.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
3Yfz5vx.jpg

3gdgJdK.jpg
You did post this right? You’re effectively arguing against yourself. And you have the gall to call me a liar because you can’t separate facts from opinion? Well, if personal insults is officially on the table, please be sure to donate your body to science after you pass away. The world’s greatest minds will find no shortage of curiosity while examining your skull, as it’s clearly so tremendously dense that it puts osmium to shame.
That's actually a typo.

It's supposed to say: Not a First-Person Shooter

molasar

Banned
3Yfz5vx.jpg

3gdgJdK.jpg
You did post this right? You’re effectively arguing against yourself. And you have the gall to call me a liar because you can’t separate facts from opinion? Well, if personal insults is officially on the table, please be sure to donate your body to science after you pass away. The world’s greatest minds will find no shortage of curiosity while examining your skull, as it’s clearly so tremendously dense that it puts osmium to shame.

Again. Your cognitive dissonance is strong with you, kiddo.

The guide is not a part of the game. Thus category did not come from developers but a team from Atari responsible for it. Just read an introduction. It clearly says: AvP is a "tactical simulation". The game's manual always refer to the game as a simulation. The game itself as well.

Then again. Check other games in the guide. For example "Flashback". Do you want to tell me that it is 2D Sonic or 2D Mario or Rayman like game because it was put under category: "platform"?

What is next in your twisted mind? Capcom's AvP is a 2D TPS because there are guns in it?

LMAO

molasar

Banned

You can manipulate funnypedia as much as you want it still won't change the truth. The game shows itself through gameplay what it is.

Can you tell me where I can find a dedicated FPS part in it? If I play as Alien why I do not have guns to deal with enemies for example? Or why Pred has only a shoulder canon? Even in Capcom's AvP was more variety and you do not call it 2D TPS. Or perhaps you do?
Do you, beige?

LMAO

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
So is there anyone here who knows how to categorize games by their elements?

Or do I deal here with Conan O'Brien the clueless gamer clones?

Can you tell me why GTA3 is so limited in comparison to No Man's Sky? Should not we stop calling it an open world game?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You can manipulate funnypedia as much as you want it still won't change the truth. The game shows itself through gameplay what it is.

Can you tell me where I can find a dedicated FPS part in it? If I play as Alien why I do not have guns to deal with enemies for example? Or why Pred has only a shoulder canon? Even in Capcom's AvP was more variety and you do not call it 2D TPS. Or perhaps you do?
Do you, beige?

LMAO
Don't accuse me. I didn't do it.

Just because you don't always shoot a projectile weapons doesn't mean it's not a shooter. In Call of Duty when you run out of bullets you have to melee or knife people. It's still a FPS.

molasar

Banned
Don't accuse me. I didn't do it.

Just because you don't always shoot a projectile weapons doesn't mean it's not a shooter. In Call of Duty when you run out of bullets you have to melee or knife people. It's still a FPS.

Lol again.

CoD at its core is dedicated FPS, Jag's AvP not. Did you forget what dedicated FPS games were in 1994? Do Wolf3D and Doom ring the bell? Were you even alive or old enough to play any games?

Dazrael

The Dreamcast shoot ‘em up Border Down has a story that implies that it’s a war training simulator, does this mean that it’s a training simulator with shooting elements? Nah, it’s a shoot ‘em up.

Further degenerating genres into subcategories doesn’t change the fact that AvP has always been classed, in its simplest terms, an FPS. The perspective of the player is testament to that. To further dilute the genre into a ‘tactical simulator with shooting elements’ is hardly the snappy category that developers would use to sell a game.

You could argue that the term FPS was a buzzword to sell games at the time but in this instance it was also accurate. You play a character in the first person that shoots projectiles. In corridors.

You aren’t selling any revelatory bombshells, only the ego that fuels your thoughts. What could have been a constructive and healthy debate has been sullied by personal insults that you’ve thrown to get your kicks. How you haven’t been banned yet is amazing.

Dazrael

Still in your defence this was a poll that asked for opinions and you certainly did give yours. If you are on the level then it’s your right to believe what you want, it’s just the way that you’ve preached them is abhorrent.

SoulTas

Neo Member
Only 2 out 60 people voted it's an open world. We know who one of them is, The other is probably someone who felt sorry for him :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dazrael

Maybe there should be a new poll ‘Should molasar be allowed to debate in a public space?’ It’s a rhetorical question but it’d be fun to see the fallout.

Anyway I’m out of this farce of a debate, you can believe whatever you want Molly my boy. Props to all you guys who offered convincing evidence and engaged with an open mind, you’ve all got more patience than you know.

molasar

Banned
Capcom AvP
tumblr_oflvt6RMJa1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

Jaguar AvP
aliens-vs-predator-phoenix-project-jaguar.jpg

Yes, according to your twisted logic Capcom's AvP is 2D TPS (Third Person Shooter). Just like Pred in Jag's AvP you can use shoulder cannon right away and use any shooting weapon like the one seen on a gif you used. BTW Pred in Jag's AvP has a spear as well. Now cyborgs have pistol, built-in smartgun and they can use other weapons (pulse rifle, flamethrower, grenade launcher, smartgun).

Damn, sponge made himself fool again.

Checkmate.

LMAO

The Dreamcast shoot ‘em up has a story that implies that it’s a war training simulator, does this mean that it’s a training simulator with shooting elements? Nah, it’s a shoot ‘em up.

Further degenerating genres into subcategories doesn’t change the fact that AvP has always been classed, in its simplest terms, an FPS. The perspective of the player is testament to that. To further dilute the genre into a ‘tactical simulator with shooting elements’ is hardly the snappy category that developers would use to sell a game.

You could argue that the term FPS was a buzzword to sell games at the time but in this instance it was also accurate. You play a character in the first person that shoots projectiles. In corridors.

You aren’t selling any revelatory bombshells, only the ego that fuels your thoughts. What could have been a constructive and healthy debate has been sullied by personal insults that you’ve thrown to get your kicks. How you haven’t been banned yet is amazing.

It is not about implying. The devs called AvP this way because the game combines many elements. That is why you won't find a word FPS in official advertisement material. Do you want to argue with devs about it? And whine why they did not make it a dedicated FPS like Wolf3D/Doom is?

Again. Everyone back in the day knew what FPS was since Wolf3D and especially Doom.

Nope, using FPS for Jag's AvP is not accurate as it is not a dedicated FPS. And I mentioned other games in one of my previous posts that totally debunked your and others arguments. And obviously you did not play the game at all if you call level layouts as corridors. LMAO I did not know that canteen for example is a corridor. SMH

There are gazillion of games made before Wolf3D where you can shoot projectiles in first person view and no one called them FPS. I wonder why. Lol.

Your big but empty ego won't help you here. You have no valid arguments.

Also you should ask yourself why you have not been banned yet for your nonsense and incompetence.

Still in your defence this was a poll that asked for opinions and you certainly did give yours. If you are on the level then it’s your right to believe what you want, it’s just the way that you’ve preached them is abhorrent.

Do you know why this thread was created. Just ask sponge about it. He was butt hurt because he could not prove that the game's environment is not open world in discussion with me. Not to mention he never played it. He fought that he can outsmart me by creating a poll. But those tricks do not work on me. You can't change the truth by some voting system.

Nvm.. Why do you still debate with this guy?

Hey, how you doing Doom fanatic? Do you still hate Jag's AvP for being more interesting game than Doom?

Only 2 out 60 people voted it's an open world. We know who one of them is, The other is probably someone who felt sorry for him :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It does not matter. You can't change the truth by voting. The game's structure is obvious, i.e. open world which contains the whole space base and two spacecrafts docked to it.

Maybe there should be a new poll ‘Should molasar be allowed to debate in a public space?’ It’s a rhetorical question but it’d be fun to see the fallout.

Anyway I’m out of this farce of a debate, you can believe whatever you want Molly my boy. Props to all you guys who offered convincing evidence and engaged with an open mind, you’ve all got more patience than you know.

Maybe you all should learn how to debate. Also how to avoid logical fallacies. BTW none of you ever addressed my questions. I wonder why. LMAO

Cry me a river, daz.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, according to your twisted logic Capcom's AvP is 2D TPS (Third Person Shooter).
No, that is just your twisted logic. Those 2 pictures are already enough to show how ludicrous and absurd your takes are. You also like to use words whose meaning you don't understand, that's why I got something you:

He was butt hurt because he could not prove that the game's environment is not open world in discussion with me.
I did, you just didn't accept my takes just as much as you don't accept any take in this thread. You talking all mighty with psychological terms and alleged fallacies, but the only person struggling with ego problems, cognitive dissonance, ignorance, hypocrisy, and whatever terms you learned after reading some buzzfeed article, is you.
After 10 pages of your bullshit, this becomes pretty evident.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dazrael

Do you know why this thread was created. Just ask sponge about it. He was butt hurt because he could not prove that the game's environment is not open world in discussion with me. Not to mention he never played it. He fought that he can outsmart me by creating a poll. But those tricks do not work on me. You can't change the truth by some voting system.
Well if that is the case then Molly I take back my defence of you, you deserve every piece of criticism thrown your way.

Why should you believe that people here are out to trick you? How much stake do you put into your, arguably now tarnished, reputation? Why do you need to feel the desire to win? There is more at play than the category of some random game from 1994. It’s not difficult; people gather here to talk shop with other like minded individuals, not immediately attack them and seek some kind of victory. I think you need to find another hobby.

molasar

Banned
No, that is just your twisted logic. Those 2 pictures are already enough to show how ludicrous and absurd your takes are. You also like to use words whose meaning you don't understand, that's why I got something you:

I did, you just didn't accept my takes just as much as you don't accept any take in this thread. You talking all mighty with psychological terms and alleged fallacies, but the only person struggling with ego problems, cognitive dissonance, ignorance, hypocrisy, and whatever terms you learned after reading some buzzfeed article, is you.
After 10 pages of your bullshit, this becomes pretty evident.

Exactly. You are ridiculous with your double standards.

Uh, oh. Logical fallacies for sponge https://www.logicalfallacies.org/

So far it is you who is BSing here. Are you sure that GTA3 is an open world in comparison to No Man's Sky?

Well if that is the case then Molly I take back my defence of you, you deserve every piece of criticism thrown your way.

Why should you believe that people here are out to trick you? How much stake do you put into your, arguably now tarnished, reputation? Why do you need to feel the desire to win? There is more at play than the category of some random game from 1994. It’s not difficult; people gather here to talk shop with other like minded individuals, not immediately attack them and seek some kind of victory. I think you need to find another hobby.

Good. It is easy to deflect unconstructive criticsm.
Nope. It is not about winning. It is about the truth which you do not like.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
I'll agree with op if he admits using his logic Killing Time and Poed are open world without moving the goalposts again.

If those two games or any other are build on open world core. Then they are open world too among other elements that make them as the whole.

Remember. One world without a level progression.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly. You are ridiculous with your double standards.

Uh, oh. Logical fallacies for sponge https://www.logicalfallacies.org/
That wasn't a logical fallacy and it wasn't a double standard. Do you even know what those words mean or do you just use them to sound smart?

Either way, you failed. At this point, you are either the biggest hardcore troll and everything you've said is ironic, or you are completely delusional, and given your history, it is most definitely the latter.

Keep on the good fight though

5afy3r.jpg

Are you sure that GTA3 is an open world in comparison to No Man's Sky?
Absolutely. It is just another nonsense point and another absurd attempt at an argument from you.

Last edited by a moderator:

molasar

Banned
That wasn't a logical fallacy and it wasn't a double standard. Do you even know what those words mean or do you just use them to sound smart?

Either way, you failed. At this point, you are either the biggest hardcore troll and everything you've said is ironic, or you are completely delusional, and given your history, it is most definitely the latter.

Keep on the good fight though

Yes, you logically fail and you use double standards as long it supports your agenda. I know exactly what these words mean.

You failed here big time. Cognitive dissonance is strong with you.

Absolutely. It is just another nonsense point and another absurd attempt at an argument from you.

Then based on your logic Jag's AvP is build on open world core, i.e. one unified logical world (space base and two spacecrafts docked to it). Not some corridors connecting hubs. All one needs is to take a look at maps of the base floors and spacecrafts.

LMAO

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
I see.

That is funny because what you reproach others for applies to you in full.

5ag12o.jpg

But of course you never played it. That is why you do not know how it is structured. In your mind a progress in the game is based on levels like in Wolf3D or Doom.

So kiddo, try harder next time with your nonsense.

Enjay

Banned
Open a new poll: is this the most memorable thread of 2021?
You should some of his work in the predator ps4 thread. That game might've had a chance to be good till he made it funner to run the game down and act like it's complete shit instead.

molasar

Banned
You should some of his work in the predator ps4 thread. That game might've had a chance to be good till he made it funner to run the game down and act like it's complete shit instead.

Huh. Lol. Even more cognitive dissionance.

P:HG is still very good and more playable than other games which were brought up just as I predicted before they were released (The Last of Us II, etc.). And nowhere I said that it is bad. So do not lie here.

Those who participated in discussion there happened to be so clueless about tech and software like you are here.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
But of course you never played it. That is why you do not know how it is structured. In your mind a progress in the game is based on levels like in Wolf3D or Doom.
You do realize that you are the only person that thinks this, do you?

Enjay

Banned
Huh. Lol. Even more cognitive dissionance.

P:HG is still very good and more playable than other games which were brought up just as I predicted before they were released (The Last of Us II, etc.). And nowhere I said that it is bad. So do not lie here.

Those who participated in discussion there happened to be so clueless about tech and software like you are here.
Where did you learn to read? I'm starting to think this thread is a result of you being unable to properly read.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
I see. Unfortunately I'm no teacher and can't effectively help with illiteracy.

Then translate your own statement "That game might've had a chance to be good till he made it funner to run the game down and act like it's complete shit instead."

because it is not compatible with the truth.

LMAO

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
So Capcom's AvP is TPS according to you.
That is what happens when you draw completely absurd conclusions. I've never said that, this is not my logic, nor anybody else's. That is just you again trying your hardest to come up with an argument that has substance and failing miserably while at it.

It's all the funnier because a few hours ago I made fun of this idiotic comparison by putting both games side by side.

LMAO. I like to play you like a fiddle.
Sounds like this:

molasar

Banned
That is what happens when you draw completely absurd conclusions. I've never said that, this is not my logic, nor anybody else's. That is just you again trying your hardest to come up with an argument that has substance and failing miserably while at it.

It's all the funnier because a few hours ago I made fun of this idiotic comparison by putting both games side by side.

Exactly. It is your logic and it was me who brought Capcom's AvP first to expose your cognitive dissonance. I played you like a fiddle. And I used facts for it.

You failed:

1. to prove that Jag's AvP is FPS

2. and that it is not built on open world core.

LMAO

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly. It is your logic and it was me who brought Capcom's AvP first to expose your cognitive dissonance. I played you like a fiddle. And I used facts for it.

You failed:

1. to prove that Jag's AvP is FPS

2. and that it is not built on open world core.
The only problem is that this scenario never occurred. Although, maybe under the stone where you live, but certainly not in the reality that you supposedly appreciate so much.

You've been taught better not only by me but by pretty much everyone here. Just because you don't accept reality doesn't mean that I or anyone else here suffers from cognitive dissonance, a term the meaning of which you obviously don't even understand and ironically only applies to yourself. You never used facts and actual evidence/actual facts you rejected on the grounds that all are wrong based on your purely subjective feelings.

And if you think of this as playing the violin, then you played shit.

Top Bottom