• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Alien vs. Predator Jaguar open-world or nahh?

Is Alien vs. Predator Jaguar open-world or nahh?

• yeah, absolutely.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • nahh, not at all, it is still the same key hunting.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • It's Metroidvania-esque

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • more open than most FPS back then, but not enough to be called open-world

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • I have another opinion that will write in the comments

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters

SoulTas

Neo Member
Nope. If a game is built with particular frame rate in mind then it is not bad for it. Yes, Jag's AvP is a 1st person view game with elements of FPS, not dedicated shooter. Somehow those slowdowns have not been noticed by me or people I knew in 1994/95. I wonder why. Also in this there is not a lot going on unless you do a run in open areas (e.g. canteen) to gather enemies. But they wait in a queue nicely to get to you. Usually it ends with your death anyway.
Nope, I remember how does it play. No issue with it at all. Again the game was built with its frame rate in mind. There is no emulator which emulates it perfectly.
I don't know about how perfectly AVP emulates but the frame rate is the same with native consoles so i don't know why you mention emulation in the first place.

"Hey, i'm shit at programming so i made this game run at 10fps, also the code didn't write itself, i wrote it myself while sober so it was intentional. Thus, you can't criticize it" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

molasar

Banned
I don't know about how perfectly AVP emulates but the frame rate is the same with native consoles so i don't know why you mention emulation in the first place.

"Hey, i'm shit at programming so i made this game run at 10fps, also the code didn't write itself, i wrote it myself while sober so it was intentional. Thus, you can't criticize it" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Lol. The game is not perfectly emulated by any emulator.
And it seems that this is the way you experienced it.

Also lol you thinking that you could make a faster running game with the same graphics in 1994/95.

How old were you back in the day if you were even born?

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
good in competitive games but very unrealistic and less pleasant gameplay wise.
Realistic? How is aiming with your thumb in a small radius realistic? Not to mention most shooters out there are very over the top, and very clearly game-y, even the ones that try their best to be authentic... and did the jaguar controller even have triggers?

The added precision and better controls improve the gameplay experience a lot.
You may prefer playing first-person games with a controller, but it's definitely not the objectively best method. You can also play tennis with a frying pan if that's your thing. A racket is still the better way.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
On a side note. I'd like to see this game ported somewhere just for old-time sake. Along with some other Jaguar games. Just as a curiosity to see how they hold up. There was this one robot game on the Jag I liked a lot at the time. I can't honestly remember the name though.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
On a side note. I'd like to see this game ported somewhere just for old-time sake. Along with some other Jaguar games. Just as a curiosity to see how they hold up. There was this one robot game on the Jag I liked a lot at the time. I can't honestly remember the name though.
Iron Soldier?

SoulTas

Neo Member
Lol. The game is not perfectly emulated by any emulator.
And it seems that this is the way you experienced it.

Also lol you thinking that you could make a faster running game with the same graphics in 1994/95.

How old were you back in the day if you were even born?
I played the game in 1994 and disliked it the same as i do now so nothing changed. I wish emulators would run it faster somehow to make it a better experience but it's the same bad frame rate so it's a pass from me. It doesn't even look that good for a 1994 game. The same plain shaped rooms and textures over and over. It's pretty average but you needed to be a gamer in 1994 to know.

And could you please explain to me why you even bring up emulation at all? Still don't get your point here. I think you wanted to distract me from the main point that the game has a bad frame rate but since i played it in both the real console and every emulator that is available on Windows, i know it runs at the same speed in all cases.

molasar

Banned
Realistic? How is aiming with your thumb in a small radius realistic? Not to mention most shooters out there are very over the top, and very clearly game-y, even the ones that try their best to be authentic... and did the jaguar controller even have triggers?

The added precision and better controls improve the gameplay experience a lot.
You may prefer playing first-person games with a controller, but it's definitely not the objectively best method. You can also play tennis with a frying pan if that's your thing. A racket is still the better way.

I wrote unrealistic. Lol.
My aiming with my thumb is ok. I prefer it than keyboard ice skating and mouse aiming. Not to mention controller vibrations. Again I do not care about the most of FPS shooters. The last one I really enjoyed was Syndicate (2012). Jag's AvP was build for Jag's controller and the game is not a dedicated shooter. Face buttons work ok for such a game. Triggers were added in an updated controller.

Somehow I never had a better experience with M+K. It always felt less natural with keyboard ice skating and perfect mouse aiming.

Again. I already explained that I prefer enjoyable experience than something that feels off.

molasar

Banned
I played the game in 1994 and disliked it the same as i do now so nothing changed. I wish emulators would run it faster somehow to make it a better experience but it's the same bad frame rate so it's a pass from me. It doesn't even look that good for a 1994 game. The same plain shaped rooms and textures over and over. It's pretty average but you needed to be a gamer in 1994 to know.

And could you please explain to me why you even bring up emulation at all? Still don't get your point here. I think you wanted to distract me from the main point that the game has a bad frame rate but since i played it in both the real console and every emulator that is available on Windows, i know it runs at the same speed in all cases.

You think that I am some fool who will believe you that you played it in 1994. Lol.
FYI I am a gamer since early 80s. Thus your manipulations won't work on me.

It is the way how you experienced the game. Through emulation. Again there is nothing wrong with its frame rate, i.e. it does not impact gameplay negatively. Nowhere I said that emus have speed issues. It is about other elements. And you have not measured speed accuracy between them and real hardware.

Again. Your manipulations won't work one me.

Last edited:

SoulTas

Neo Member
Like i give a shit if some random forum guy believes me or not. It's not like i believe you were alive in the 80's. That would indicate you are an adult but your posts show otherwise. Have fun kiddo.

molasar

Banned
Like i give a shit if some random forum guy believes me or not. It's not like i believe you were alive in the 80's. That would indicate you are an adult but your posts show otherwise. Have fun kiddo.

I do not care if you believe me. I know what I experienced since the early 80's and no rando can change it.
You discredited yourself by stating that Jag's AvP did not look good for 1994. Lol.

Enjay

Banned
As an aside I think you'll really enjoy reading the predator ps4 game thread:

molasar

Banned
It was a FPS but with Jaguar's controller (terrible today) but in terms of the map it was a metroidvania iirc that the map opens up with weapons and skills and not open world.
Nope. It has an element of FPS (only for two Predator weapons and all Marine weapons) but it is not dedicated FPS or Doom clone as FPS games were called back in the day.

Also nothing to do with Metroidvania. You have access to the whole base and two docked spacecrafts. It is not necessary to collect all weapons by a Marine or all cards.

It is an open world game.

Havoc2049

There is no such thing as an open world genre. There are open world action-adventure games, open world RPGs, open world racing games, open world 3d shooters (Cybermorph, Battlemorph, Skyhammer on the Jag) etc. Just like the official Atari Jaguar Gamer's Guide states, along with numerous professional and fan reviewers, past and present, Alien vs Predator fits in the FPS genre. I'm a hardcore Atari Jaguar collector and gamer and have been discussing Atari Jaguar since 1993, and fans have always put AVP in the FPS genre. Saying AVP isn't a FPS first foremost is just denying reality and established norms. I've seen a few Atari Jaguar game lists over the years, that place AVP in the shooter genre or action-adventure genre, but the vast majority place it in the FPS genre. Yes, AVP plays different than Doom or Wolfenstein and has a heavy survival horror vibe, but it's still mainly fits in the FPS genre.

I love AVP on the Jag and it's one of my favorite games on the system. Most unbiased reviews at the time (fuck EGM 🤣) agreed that AVP was a great game, with cutting edge graphics and gave it great scores. I personally think AVP even holds up today, but I don't hold up retro games to modern standards and can enjoy them for what they are.

Here is an excellent review of AVP and guess what, he calls it and FPS right of the bat.. Lol.

molasar

Banned
There is no such thing as an open world genre. There are open world action-adventure games, open world RPGs, open world racing games, open world 3d shooters (Cybermorph, Battlemorph, Skyhammer on the Jag) etc. Just like the official Atari Jaguar Gamer's Guide states, along with numerous professional and fan reviewers, past and present, Alien vs Predator fits in the FPS genre. I'm a hardcore Atari Jaguar collector and gamer and have been discussing Atari Jaguar since 1993, and fans have always put AVP in the FPS genre. Saying AVP isn't a FPS first foremost is just denying reality and established norms. I've seen a few Atari Jaguar game lists over the years, that place AVP in the shooter genre or action-adventure genre, but the vast majority place it in the FPS genre. Yes, AVP plays different than Doom or Wolfenstein and has a heavy survival horror vibe, but it's still mainly fits in the FPS genre.

I love AVP on the Jag and it's one of my favorite games on the system. Most unbiased reviews at the time (fuck EGM 🤣) agreed that AVP was a great game, with cutting edge graphics and gave it great scores. I personally think AVP even holds up today, but I don't hold up retro games to modern standards and can enjoy them for what they are.

Here is an excellent review of AVP and guess what, he calls it and FPS right of the bat.. Lol.

Where in its core Jag's AvP is dedicated FPS?

Where its environment is limited?

Do you deny that Jag's AvP is a combination of many elements?

Nope it is not FPS first and foremost. It just have elements of it and first person point of view.

Havoc2049

Where in its core Jag's AvP is dedicated FPS?

Where its environment is limited?

Do you deny that Jag's AvP is a combination of many elements?

Nope it is not FPS first and foremost. It just have elements of it and first person point of view.
The video game and Atari Jaguar community both on the professional side and the fan side have decided what constitutes a FPS and there are numerous reviews and web sites past and present that list AVP on the Atari Jaguar as being part of the FPS genre. You can deny reality all you want, but you're going to be on that hill all by yourself.

The choices in AVP and locations to visit are extremely limited and no where near what is available in a normal open world game, such as an open world RPG like Morrowind, Oblivion, Ultima 7, etc, which have hundreds of locations to visit, NPCs to meet, activities to do and adventures to complete, along with the main storyline. Sticking with the Jag, Towers II is a first person dungeon crawler RPG and the openness and choices avaliable in that game dwarf that of AVP and I wouldn't call Towers II open world at all.

If you want to play an open world game on the Jag, check out Robinson's Requiem for the Jag CD, which is an open world survival adventure game. Your spaceship crash lands on a planet and your have to figure out how to survive and find a way off the planet.

molasar

Banned
The video game and Atari Jaguar community both on the professional side and the fan side have decided what constitutes a FPS and there are numerous reviews and web sites past and present that list AVP on the Atari Jaguar as being part of the FPS genre. You can deny reality all you want, but you're going to be on that hill all by yourself.

The choices in AVP and locations to visit are extremely limited and no where near what is available in a normal open world game, such as an open world RPG like Morrowind, Oblivion, Ultima 7, etc, which have hundreds of locations to visit, NPCs to meet, activities to do and adventures to complete, along with the main storyline. Sticking with the Jag, Towers II is a first person dungeon crawler RPG and the openness and choices avaliable in that game dwarf that of AVP and I wouldn't call Towers II open world at all.

If you want to play an open world game on the Jag, check out Robinson's Requiem for the Jag CD, which is an open world survival adventure game. Your spaceship crash lands on a planet and your have to figure out how to survive and find a way off the planet.

Lol. Since when FPS games are not dedicated shooters where everything is about killing enemies with shooting weapons? Did I miss something since early 80s?

Also do not mix games from the future or those which are graphically simpler than Jag's AvP. And of course sandbox is another aspect which you confuse with open world. Otherwise I can say that none of your games are open world ones because are nowhere near of No Man's Sky.

Again in Jag's AvP you have access to the whole space base with two spacecrafts docked to it. They are not separated by any level progress or limited by linearity.

Also why should I choose Robinson's Requiem over its PC version? BTW I know what it is.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Lol. Since when FPS games are not dedicated shooters where everything is about killing enemies with shooting weapons? Did I miss something since early 80s?

Also do not mix games from the future or those which are graphically simpler than Jag's AvP. And of course sandbox is another aspect which you confuse with open world. Otherwise I can say that none of your games are open world ones because are nowhere near of No Man's Sky.

Again in Jag's AvP you have access to the whole space base with two spacecrafts docked to it. They are not separated by any level progress or limited by linearity.

Also why should I choose Robinson's Requiem over its PC version? BTW I know what it is.
The Jag port of Rob. Req. is similar to the PC and 3DO ports, but the Jag pad keypad is utilized extremely well and makes it easier to play. But ya, you can get it on GOG for a few bucks.

I don't really feel like getting into a long drawn out discussion over semantics concerning gameplay aspects. All I know is that AVP is part of the FPS genre and numerous links have been provided to you to prove a fact that is actually common knowledge. The developer, the Official Jaguar Gamer's Guide, Wikipedia, Moby Games, numerous Jag web sites, reviewers from today and back in the day all call AVP a FPS.

molasar

Banned
The Jag port of Rob. Req. is similar to the PC and 3DO ports, but the Jag pad keypad is utilized extremely well and makes it easier to play. But ya, you can get it on GOG for a few bucks.

I don't really feel like getting into a long drawn out discussion over semantics concerning gameplay aspects. All I know is that AVP is part of the FPS genre and numerous links have been provided to you to prove a fact that is actually common knowledge. The developer, the Official Jaguar Gamer's Guide, Wikipedia, Moby Games, numerous Jag web sites, reviewers from today and back in the day all call AVP a FPS.

Again. I am not interested in Rob. Req. at all. BTW are you sure what type of game it is? FPS? RPG? Action-adventure?

Back in the day they tried to put games into known categories. Thus AvP with its first person view and visible shooting weapons fits FPS one the best at first glance.
Do not forget that I lived in those times too and I got Jaguar just for this game.
The developer and publisher nowhere advertised it as an FPS. Nothing in TV commercial, nothing in magazine adverts, nothing on game's box, nothing in game's manual, nothing in posters.
Even the the Official Jaguar Gamer's Guide with game's manual say that it is a "tactical simulation" but such a category did not exist. That is why they put it in the guide under FPS and others did it wrongly too.
Once a player starts playing it a dedicated FPS experience is nowhere to be found. Perhaps you were a kiddo back in the day and you took what you read at face value. Never questioning it.

The bottom line is: it is not an FPS game and uninformed masses can't change it.

And you did not address my questions from my previous comment. I have a pretty idea why.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Again. I am not interested in Rob. Req. at all. BTW are you sure what type of game it is? FPS? RPG? Action-adventure?

Back in the day they tried to put games into known categories. Thus AvP with its first person view and visible shooting weapons fits FPS one the best at first glance.
Do not forget that I lived in those times too and I got Jaguar just for this game.
The developer and publisher nowhere advertised it as an FPS. Nothing in TV commercial, nothing in magazine adverts, nothing on game's box, nothing in game's manual, nothing in posters.
Even the the Official Jaguar Gamer's Guide with game's manual say that it is a "tactical simulation" but such a category did not existed. That is why they put it in the guide under FPS and others did it wrongly too.
Once a player starts playing it a dedicated FPS experience is nowhere to be found. Perhaps you were a kiddo back in the day and you took what you read at face value. Never questioning it.

The bottom line is: it is not an FPS game and uninformed masses can't change it.

And you did not addressed my questions from my previous comment. I have a pretty idea why.
There you go again, denying reality and creating your own warped version of it. Let me post a pic from the Official Jaguar's Gamer Guide, yet again. That simulation tidbit you keep desperately latching on to and referencing is part of the story of the game, not the genre/category of AVP.

Later, have fun on your hill.

molasar

Banned
There you go again, denying reality and creating your own warped version of it. Let me post a pic from the Official Jaguar's Gamer Guide, yet again. That simulation tidbit you keep desperately latching on to and referencing is part of the story of the game, not the genre/category of AVP.

Later, have fun on your hill.

You want to play stupid games then you will win stupid prizes. Let's go

The guide and introduction I mentioned (category: FPS but introduction: AvP is a tactical simulation)
IMG_00000263_edit.jpg

You want more?

The game's manual. AvP is a tactical simulator.

m_AlienVsPredator_5.jpg

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
The manual is written like a Colonial Marine training manual. It is talking about the simulator that the Marine will play in the game. The genre/category is right there in front of your face. Stop denying reality.

Lol again.
No one cares about any "Colonial Marine training manual". It is not a part of the game. Read again introductions from manual and guide. And I explained you already why they put this under this genre. Also check for example a category for Flashback in the guide. It says: platform. What category is it? Does it mean it is a 2D Mario like game? Lol.

It clearly shows that the game is not dedicated FPS. Even reviews from magazines are nonsensical because they did not know how to approach it. I remember one put it under category: combat. What does it even mean?

Every kid from my place knew that dedicated FPS category means that a game has a first person view, animated guns in the middle bottom of screen and you just kill enemies on your road to exit in a maze like environment in each level.

Where do you find all these aspects in Jag's AvP?

You are totally clueless here.

Last edited:
No one cares about any "Colonial Marine training manual".
Holy cow. This thread has been an absolute blast to read from time-to-time, but this comment here really takes the cake. You clearly care about what the manual says because the introduction states AVP is a “tactical simulator.” In fact, that is the only shred of evidence you have to support your claims. Every other person that has talked to you in this thread has brought insurmountable evidence to prove you wrong. All you have to back-up your claims in one sentence in the manual, which you just said “no one cares about.”

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Bravo! Bravo, good sir!

molasar

Banned
Holy cow. This thread has been an absolute blast to read from time-to-time, but this comment here really takes the cake. You clearly care about what the manual says because the introduction states AVP is a “tactical simulator.” In fact, that is the only shred of evidence you have to support your claims. Every other person that has talked to you in this thread has brought insurmountable evidence to prove you wrong. All you have to back-up your claims in one sentence in the manual, which you just said “no one cares about.”

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Bravo! Bravo, good sir!

Prove that such a manual officially came with the game. It was nowhere available in my place.

BTW you and no one can prove that Jag's AvP is a dedicated FPS for its time , i.e. a clone of Wolf3D or Doom.

Enjay

Banned
All I know is that AVP is part of the FPS genre and numerous links have been provided to you to prove a fact that is actually common knowledge. The developer, the Official Jaguar Gamer's Guide, Wikipedia, Moby Games, numerous Jag web sites, reviewers from today and back in the day all call AVP a FPS.
This, and I hereby find the subject and debate officially resolved.

Dazrael

Unfortunately for you Molasar your proof only lies in your own head, everyone else who has engaged with you in this thread has given ample evidence to prove what the game is. As far as I can see you are fighting a one man battle that you are heavily outgunned on, literally no-one agrees with you.

molasar

Banned
Unfortunately for you Molasar your proof only lies in your own head, everyone else who has engaged with you in this thread has given ample evidence to prove what the game is. As far as I can see you are fighting a one man battle that you are heavily outgunned on, literally no-one agrees with you.

Lol. You and others failed to prove that the game is dedicated FPS. Perhaps for you Another World and Flashback is a game like 2D Mario?

nkarafo

The manual is written like a Colonial Marine training manual. It is talking about the simulator that the Marine will play in the game. The genre/category is right there in front of your face. Stop denying reality.
This guy's IQ is.. below average. Several people pointed out this part of the manual is in-game lore. He still haven't got it. Not that it matters if he gets it. His stubbornness is pretty legendary.

Dazrael

This guy's IQ is.. below average. Several people pointed out this part of the manual is in-game lore. He still haven't got it. Not that it matters if he gets it. His stubbornness is pretty legendary.
He probably realises that in order to save face he has to be more stubborn and dig that hole even deeper. There is nothing that any of us can say for him to change his stance, he’s convinced of his own irrational ideas. What’s startling is that he thinks of all this as a competition and he wants to ‘win’. Bizarre behaviour.

molasar

Banned
You can believe whatever you want but the council has spoken. It's a first person shooter.

I do not care abut your delusions. It is a game that mixes many elements and it happens in open world.

Well by that extension you’ve failed to prove that it’s an ‘open world tactical simulator’. Just putting random words in a certain order doesn’t make it true.

I have not. Do you suggest that it does not happen in one world which is a space base with two spacecrafts docked to it? Lol. Perhaps start studying logical fallacies.

Your IQ is below mine. And your comments prove it, Doom zealot. The game manual's introduction (like official guide) explains what the game is in a more attractive-immersive form. Perhaps it is not something to your liking. Your cognitive dissonance is legendary.

He probably realises that in order to save face he has to be more stubborn and dig that hole even deeper. There is nothing that any of us can say for him to change his stance, he’s convinced of his own irrational ideas. What’s startling is that he thinks of all this as a competition and he wants to ‘win’. Bizarre behaviour.

I do not have to save face because I won. My comments are proof of it. Just a weirdo like you does not like it.

None of you answered my questions and I will tell you why. You did not play the game or if you did your own answers would prove my arguments.

Lol.

Dazrael

Haha, I’m the weirdo? Amazing.

Until you get the guys who wrote the game to confess on camera that it is what you say it is then people can believe the game to be whatever they want it to be. Just you saying arbitrary claims doesn’t make it fact.

As a hypothetical how would you react if Rebellion claimed that it is a corridor FPS? Would you argue with them too?

But this is what we talk about. Is it a game like Wolf3D and Doom?

Obviously not.
No, this is what you’re talking about. You are the only one here that believes if a game is an FPS, it’s a carbon copy of Wolfenstein and Doom. Everyone else is just saying that AVP is an FPS. An FPS with several elements, sure, but an FPS nonetheless.

You, and you alone, are the only person that believes FPS games must adhere to be Wolfenstein and Doom clones.

You also “discredited” and ”exposed” yourself by dismissing the only evidence that backed up your argument. You consistently tell people to read your previous posts. Perhaps you should do that yourself.

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
I do not care abut your delusions. It is a game that mixes many elements and it happens in open world.

I have not. Do you suggest that it does not happen in one world which is a space base with two spacecrafts docked to it? Lol. Perhaps start studying logical fallacies.

Your IQ is below mine. And your comments prove it, Doom zealot. The game manual's introduction (like official guide) explains what the game is in a more attractive-immersive form. Perhaps it is not something to your liking. Your cognitive dissonance is legendary.

I do not have to save face because I won. My comments are proof of it. Just a weirdo like you does not like it.

None of you answered my questions and I will tell you why. You did not play the game or if you did your own answers would prove my arguments.

Lol.
No this is incorrect. You have been disproven. Now good day sir.

molasar

Banned
Haha, I’m the weirdo? Amazing.

Until you get the guys who wrote the game to confess on camera that it is what you say it is then people can believe the game to be whatever they want it to be. Just you saying arbitrary claims doesn’t make it fact.

As a hypothetical how would you react if Rebellion claimed that it is a corridor FPS? Would you argue with them too?

Again it is not about arbitrary claim but about what the game ended up to be.

I did not need anybody to tell me what it is in 1994 when it was released. It was not a Wolf3D/Doom clone as expected by many.

BTW it was a game designed by ATARI and Rebellion.

No, this is what you’re talking about. You are the only one here that believes if a game is an FPS, it’s a carbon copy of Wolfenstein and Doom. Everyone else is just saying that AVP is an FPS. An FPS with several elements, sure, but an FPS nonetheless.

You, and you alone, are the only person that believes FPS games must adhere to be Wolfenstein and Doom clones.

You also “discredited” and ”exposed” yourself by dismissing the only evidence that backed up your argument. You consistently tell people to read your previous posts. Perhaps you should do that yourself.

I do not use any belief here. Perhaps you did not live in 80s and 90s to know a difference. What is next? The Eidolon, Space Hulk 1993, Hired Guns, Corporation, first person view old RPGs or first person view old games are FPSes now? Lol.

BTW There are only 4 shooting weapons in Jag's AvP. All for a Marine which are not all necessary to be collected. Pred has only a shoulder plasma cannon and Alien nothing at all.

Real established FPS category started with Wolf3D the dedicated shooter. Then clones followed. Do you want to call Resident Evil 1996 a dedicated shooter as well? I can go on and on with examples like this.

You have not discredited and exposed anything. I destroyed all your nonsensical arguments and you could not even one of mine.

No this is incorrect. You have been disproven. Now good day sir.

Nope. I have not been disproven at all. Actually all your comments burden you more. You can't change the truth.

Notice how all of his replies are basically this:

1486262890-giphy-(2).gif

Your temper tantrums won't change the truth.

I do not use any belief here. Perhaps you did not live in 80s and 90s to know a difference.
That’s the magical part. You don’t need to have lived in the 80s or 90s to know that Jag’s AVP is an FPS.

I do not use any belief here. Perhaps you did not live in 80s and 90s to know a difference. What is next? The Eidolon, Space Hulk 1993, Hired Guns, Corporation, first person view old RPGs or first person view old games are FPSes now? Lol.

Real established FPS category started with Wolf3D the dedicated shooter. Then clones followed. Do you want to call Resident Evil 1996 a dedicated shooter as well? I can go on and on with examples like this.
Wtf are you on about? How is any of this relevant here? (This is a rhetorical question, btw.)

molasar

Banned
That’s the magical part. You don’t need to have lived in the 80s or 90s to know that Jag’s AVP is an FPS.

Wtf are you on about? How is any of this relevant here? (This is a rhetorical question, btw.)

Actually you need to live in those years to know how they were categorized. No one. Again. No one who played Jag's AvP was calling it an FPS.

So as I expected. You use double standards here. One game is FPS and other not. Yet all of them have FPS elements.

Obviously you are clueless about games. Lol.

Top Bottom