• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Alien vs. Predator Jaguar open-world or nahh?

Is Alien vs. Predator Jaguar open-world or nahh?

• yeah, absolutely.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • nahh, not at all, it is still the same key hunting.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • It's Metroidvania-esque

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • more open than most FPS back then, but not enough to be called open-world

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • I have another opinion that will write in the comments

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters

molasar

Banned
I edited my post and mentioned it before you even brought it up. The time stamps are there for you to inspect them. I wasn't planning to do it because i don't really have to prove shit to you but i knew you would brag.

And even though i did answer about the glitch before you, you still brag.

You really seem to have some kind of mental issue. I skimmed through the other Predator thread and it's pretty evident. I don't really want to be the one that will cause a mental breakdown to you. Get off forums and get some help.

"Today at 6:50 AM"
"You did not play it back then and your mind was already spoiled by advancements in games and hardware while trying it on emulators. Not to mention it does not work perfectly on any of them. You just saw not properly emulated game on flat screen thinking that it is some Wolf/Doom FPS but it was not."

Nope. You did not. Here is a proof. "Last edited: Today at 1:21 PM
Unfortunately for you, both Phoenix and VJ emulate it properly. This means its pretty easy for most people to witness how shitty AVP plays with that slow frame rate and you can't lie about it. I'm so sorry.

You got info from me about it. Lol.

I suggest you to get some help before you get yourself in trouble in physical world.

molasar

Banned
A guy who defends AVP games to the bone in 3 different threads, who also has a Predator avatar.

Who knew. lol

Lol. I only care about Capcom's AvP and Jag's AvP because they are good. Also I like AvP'99 but it was more like a tech demo and not as satisfactory like Jag's one or Alien Trilogy (PS1 version).

FYI there is more than those three AvP video games.

Try thinking next time before you attack me with your nonsense.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Open world? I wouldn't say so. The game was better than average for that system. It's aged like milk just like almost everything on it. I say that as someone who was a "proud owner" of a Jaguar.

Last edited:

nkarafo

"Today at 6:50 AM"
"You did not play it back then and your mind was already spoiled by advancements in games and hardware while trying it on emulators. Not to mention it does not work perfectly on any of them. You just saw not properly emulated game on flat screen thinking that it is some Wolf/Doom FPS but it was not."

Nope. You did not. Here is a proof. "Last edited: Today at 1:21 PM

You got info from me about it. Lol.

I suggest you to get some help before you get yourself in trouble in physical world.
I edited the "A small texture issue doesn't make the game look any different speed wise." line at 9:14 PM (last edit), in my previous post before you posted the glitch for the first time at 9:48 PM. (different time zones probably but i mentioned it first).

Along with other mental issues you seem to not understand the flow of time as well.

Please, seek help.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Open world? I wouldn't say so. The game was better than average for that system. It's aged like milk just like almost everything on it. I say that has someone who was a "proud owner" of a Jaguar.

Then prove that it is not open world game. Just present a sensu stricto definition of it and show it does not meet its criteria.

molasar

Banned
I edited the "A small texture issue doesn't make the game look any different speed wise." at 9:14 PM (last edit), in my previous post before you posted the glitch for the first time at 9:48 PM.

Along with other issues you seem to not understand the flow of time as well.

Please, seek help. It's serious.

Seek help man. I already showed you that you got this information from me but you try lying about it. Browse all posts between us and check posting and editing times when I mentioned that the game is not perfectly emulated by any of emus but you still answered that it is. Thus obviously you did not know about it.

Seek help because it won't end up good for you in real life if keep going like this with your delusions.

nkarafo

Seek help man. I already showed you that you got this information from me but you try lying about it. Browse all posts between us and check posting and editing times when I mentioned that the game is not perfectly emulated by any of emus but you still answered that it is. Thus obviously you did not know about it.
You tried to test me if i knew one specific bug in the game when playing on Phoenix emulator.

I actually answered to that specific bug you aked for. And told you about the texture issue. Before you brought it up.

You never mentioned anything about the specific texture bug on the door before my edit. The only thing you said before me was that the game has a glitch and asked me if i knew about it and i answered you correctly. How the hell did i know it's a texture glitch then? You never mentioned that. It could be any kind of glitch or error. Am i so lucky that i answered correctly? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Meh, it's not like you understood anything of the above but i guess it's worth a try to force your brain to work.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
You tried to test me if i knew one specific bug in the game when playing on Phoenix emulator.

I actually answered to that specific bug you aked for. And told you about the texture issue. Before you brought it up.

You never mentioned anything about the specific texture bug on the door before my edit. The only thing you said before me was that the game has a glitch and asked me if i knew about it and i answered you correctly. How the hell did i know it's a texture glitch then? You never mentioned that. It could be any kind of glitch or error. Am i so lucky that i answered correctly? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Meh, it's not like you understood anything of the above but i guess it's worth a try to force your brain to work.

Nope. You did not know about it until I told you that no emu emulates it correctly. A proof of it is in comments between us. Everyone can check it.

Again you were stating that the game is emulated perfectly and once I opened a page your edit was not even there. For me to see it I had to refresh it.

You are just a dishonest being. A wicked man.

UnNamed

Banned
I remember I played it back in the day in 2000 when I bought a Jaguar with some games. It was good considering the Jaguar lineup, but I thought it would have been considered just a decent game if it was released on PC.

nkarafo

Nope. You did not know about it until I told you that no emu emulates it correctly. A proof of it is in comments between us. Everyone can check it.

Again you were stating that the game is emulated perfectly and once I opened a page your edit was not even there. For me to see it I had to refresh it.

You are just a dishonest being. A wicked man.
Not my fault you didn't see the edit on time. It's there before you replied and the time stamps prove it.

I said it emulates it perfectly in context of the game speed and frame rate, because that was what we were talking about. The emulator emulates the game at the correct speed. Prove that it doesn't. I bet you won't.

All you did was to change the goal posts and bait me for a stupid, minor texture bug on some door. Because you know the frame rate is emulated correctly. Everything else (apart from that glitch) is correct. Prove it otherwise. I bet you won't.

Also, let's not forget. Seek some medical help.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Not my fault you didn't see the edit on time. It's there before you replied and the time stamps prove it.

I said it emulates it perfectly in context of the game speed and frame rate, because that was what we were talking about. The emulator emulates the game at the correct speed. Prove that it doesn't. I bet you won't.

All you did was to change the goal posts and bait me for a stupid, minor texture bug on some door. Because you know the frame rate is emulated correctly. Everything else (apart from that glitch) is correct. Prove it otherwise. I bet you won't.

Also, let's not forget. Seek some medical help.

Hahaha. Nope when I had a page displayed your edit was not even there because you did not find it yet. That is why your added text is not in my response to your whole post. And in regards to speed accuracy you don't have a clue about it.

Do not try to change a narrative now. Thread about emulation never was about speed accuracy but about if the game is fully emulated. And you incorrectly stated that it is.

I bet you cannot prove emulation speeds because you do not know how to do it.

And do not forget you need some special treatment for your mental issues. But personally I recommend you a carnivore diet.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Lol. I only care about Capcom's AvP and Jag's AvP because they are good. Also I like AvP'99 but it was more like a tech demo and not as satisfactory like Jag's one or Alien Trilogy (PS1 version).

FYI there is more than those three AvP video games.

Try thinking next time before you attack me with your nonsense.
I'm not attacking. Just saying in 3 different Alien/Predator threads, you're a giant defender. Including the Predator Hunting Grounds game.

We get it.

You love Alien and Predator games and will defend them at all costs.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Footage from a real Jaguar console.

Just so readers can see how the game runs:

So this is the raw CRT footage Molasar has been boasting about?

No different than emulated Jaguar footage.

Atrocious frame rate.

I think even Doom on SNES ran faster.

Last edited:

nkarafo

Time stamps prove me right.

I was always talking about frame rate when you brought up emulation. Posts are there and prove this.

I just posted a real footage of the game, running from a real console. Everyone can see how slow the frame rate is and can test it on Phoenix. You failed to prove me wrong.

Keep hurling the same likes i post for you back to me :messenger_grinning_sweat:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I know right? What else is there to "prove"? The only person who hasn't prove anything yet is molasar.
Skim the other Alien/Predator threads I posted last page. The guy will defend any Alien/Predator game to the bitter end.

There's many games I loved back in 1993, but I'll make point they stunk in some aspects as well.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Hahaha, the difference between 50/60hz when a game runs at 10fps overall is nothing. At best 1 frame of a difference.

Try harder.

I asked you because you claim to be an expert at this. What way footage was captured?

Try harder mr amateur expert.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Lol. "CRT footage"

Have you evere experienced CRT TV sets?

And how frame rate is an issue in this type of game? A clue: not FPS.
If it makes you feel better, I concede. AVP on Jaguar is the best shooter ever and better than Doom. My mistake, AVP is the best "simulation" as you think AVP isn't even a shooter.

You won another Alien and Predator game thread, outlasting all other forum posters.

lol

molasar

Banned
Time stamps prove me right.

I was always talking about frame rate when you brought up emulation. Posts are there and prove this.

I just posted a real footage of the game, running from a real console. Everyone can see how slow the frame rate is and can test it on Phoenix. You failed to prove me wrong.

Keep hurling the same likes i post for you back to me :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Time stamps prove me right, not you.

And here are citations

My comment from 6:50AM (just made a correction for your time zone) "Nope it does not and there is no issue with frame rate. You did not play it back then and your mind was already spoiled by advancements in games and hardware while trying it on emulators. Not to mention it does not work perfectly on any of them. You just saw not properly emulated game on flat screen thinking that it is some Wolf/Doom FPS but it was not."

Nowhere you proved that there is gameplay issue caused by frame rate. And as my comment states that the game is not perfectly emulated.

Your comment from 1:12PM "Every single person posted here about frame rate has mentioned it's an issue."
No person addressed a gameplay issue caused by frame rate besides mentioning it is low. Not to mention some of those people did not play it back in the day.

Your another comment from time above: "Doesn't matter what genre the game is, 10-15 fps is a slow, jerky frame rate for any game."
Still gameplay is not addressed by your imaginary issue. Is any animation skipped in the game? Is something causing an issue when a player tries to move around or interact with enemies? Anything making it unplayable or playable worse than it should be? Was it designed for higher frame rate? Lol.

Your another comment from time above: "Yes there is. It runs at 10/15 fps. That's literally a low frame rate. Anything below 20fps is considered shit by 99% of people, except obsessed, blinded fanboys."
Still gameplay is not addressed by your imaginary issue. Is any animation skipped in the game? Is something causing an issue when a player tries to move around or interact with enemies?
Anything making it unplayable or playable worse than it should be? Was it designed for higher frame rate? Lol.

Your another comment from time above: "The game runs at a shitty frame rate despite me playing it. Even if i didn't exist, the game would still run at 10/15 fps. It would not magically run smoother if i did play it. And yes, 10/15 fps was slow even by 1994 standards. That's like Starfox on SNES, nobody is pretending the game didn't have a shit frame rate just because it's old. The only reason most people tolerated such low frame rates is because they didn't have a choice."
Still gameplay is not addressed by your imaginary issue. Is any animation skipped in the game? Is something causing an issue when a player tries to move around or interact with enemies?
Anything making it unplayable or playable worse than it should be? Was it designed for higher frame rate? Lol.

Your another comment from time above: "Phoenix is an accurate Jaguar emulator. AVP in particular plays perfectly on it and even Virtual Jaguar emulates it just fine. The longplay video in this thread is from an older version or different emulator. I have seen the game running on the real hardware and it's the same. But nice try trying to lie and convince me the game on the Jaguar runs smoother on real hardware. Your desperation really shows."

You stated that two emus emulate the game perfectly and fine. Means in real world no issues at all. Then you do a projection that I stated somewhere that the game runs smoother on real hardware. Where my comment was pretty clear that you never experienced the game on real hardware connected to CRT TV set back then in '94/95. Do you know when the Phoenix emu started emulating AvP on this level as it is now? Lol.

Your another comment from time above: "Unfortunately for you, both Phoenix and VJ emulate it properly. This means its pretty easy for most people to witness how shitty AVP plays with that slow frame rate and you can't lie about it. I'm so sorry."

My comment form 4:53PM: "
Only Phoenix emulates it the best but there is one obvious glitch in it. Do you want to tell me what it is yourself or do I have to tell you?

You have not played the game on real hardware so you do not know what and how stuff should work. Try harder next time, you liar."

Yours from 7:00PM: "Low frame rate affects all games negatively. That's a fact. AVP has laughably slow frame rate. Cry as much as you want behind these "lols" this is a fact about videogames."
Still no explanation where is the issue in AvP caused by its frame rate.

Your edited comment from 7:00PM:
"Phoenix and VJ emulate the game's speed and frame rate properly. It shows to everyone how jerky the game is so you can't hide it. Barely playable unless you have low standards, which you clearly do.

(added edition at 7:14 ) A small texture issue doesn't make the game look any different speed wise. (not shown in my response because I opened a page before it from 7:48PM)

Anyway... Since it means so much to you, i will let you have the last word since you probably don't have anything else to do with your life. Most of the shit you spew is the same nonsense again and again anyway that have been debunked by me and all other in this topic already. And i don't really enjoy being on your level and responding in the same childish manner as you. I'm not going to fix your brain here, that's your neurologist's job. I will only respond to something new and interesting, if you can ever provide that."

Obviously you cannot address an issue and you did not play AvP on emu like Phoenix in late 90s, or 2000s, or early 2010s.

It is pretty obvious that you are dishonest here.

molasar

Banned
If it makes you feel better, I concede. AVP on Jaguar is the best shooter ever and better than Doom. My mistake, AVP is the best "simulation" as you think AVP isn't even a shooter.

You won another Alien and Predator game thread, outlasting all other forum posters.

lol
Everything was explained in previous comments. It is an open world game with FPS elements in it.

Or do you want to tell everyone that Alien: Isolation, Resident Evil 7+8 are FPS shooters?

I won because I rely on facts, not feelings or some other nonsense.

Lol.

Last edited:

nkarafo

Yaaaawn. Too long, didn't read.

The emulator runs the game at the correct speed. Prove me wrong.

The video i showed also shows how crap the game runs. Prove me wrong.

molasar

Banned
Yaaaawn. Too long, didn't read.

The emulator runs the game at the correct speed. Prove me wrong.

The video i showed also shows how crap the game runs. Prove me wrong.

I used copy/paste methods of your own nonsense comments. Lol.

And it is you who has to prove that the game exactly works at the correct speed on emulators based on the burden of proof rule. Logical fallacies is something which you should make yourself familiar with.

Still you have not addressed issues with gameplay.

Lol again.

nkarafo

Here's more footage from a real console on a CRT:

Runs exactly the same. Like shit.

I already proved my case about the frame rate, i don't know what else you want from me you crazy person. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Here's more footage from a real console on a CRT:

Runs exactly the same. Like shit.

I already proved my case about the frame rate, i don't know what else you want from me you crazy person. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Still no issue with gameplay. Lol.

Therefore you lost your case, drama queen.

nkarafo

And here it is on the Phoenix emulator (skip near the end of the video):

Same, shitty frame rate, just like the real hardware. There is no footage in existence that shows otherwise.

Last edited:

nkarafo

Still no issue with gameplay. Lol.

Therefore you lost your case, drama queen.
Oh, so the emulator does run the game with the correct speed.

That's a nice first step in admitting you were wrong about something. Even though you tried to move the goal posts again, but it's an improvement.

Congratulations, your therapy is going well.

molasar

Banned
And here it is on the Phoenix emulator (skip near the end of the video):

Same, shitty frame rate, just like the real hardware. There is no footage in existence that shows otherwise.

Talk to Digital Foundry if you want to learn about measurements of frame rate.

Then again you never addressed issues with gameplay yet you post videos where people talk positevely about the game. In comments section as well. Lol.

molasar

Banned
Oh, so the emulator does run the game with the correct speed.

That's a nice first step in admitting you were wrong about something. Even though you tried to move the goal posts again, but it's an improvement.

Congratulations, your therapy is going well.

Does it? Show me metric data from real hardware and emus?

Lol. Stupidity at its finest here.

nkarafo

Looks and plays beautifully. Even connected with RF cable line in this video. Lol.
Yeah. 10-15 frames = "plays beautifully". I'll let the crowd decide on this one.

IMO this frame rate is dog shit, just like it was in 1994. But that's just me.

Talk to Digital Foundry if you want to learn about measurements of frame rate.
Oh, thank you for comparing me with Digital Foundry. That means i did my job well.

I'm starting to like you.

Show me metric data from real hardware and emus?
Oh now you are losing me again.

No i proved my point. How about YOU show me some proof now? Your turn. Show me a video where the game is smoother. I'll wait (spoilers: i know you won't).

Last edited:

nkarafo

Here is a stream from DF as well (second game they play):

Runs the same in all vids.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Yeah. 10-15 frames = "plays beautifully". I'll let the crowd decide on this one.

IMO this frame rate is dog shit, just like it was in 1994. But that's just me.

And the crowd already decided. There is a reason why it is called a system seller.

Those frame rates do not even impact gameplay because it is built with them in mind. Lol.

Oh, thank you for comparing me with Digital Foundry. That means i did my job well.

I'm starting to like you.

No one is comparing you to them. I just send you to them because you are rookie.

Oh now you are losing me again.

No i proved my point. How about YOU show me some proof now? Your turn. Show me a video where the game is smoother. I'll wait (spoilers: i know you won't).

So you do not know what metric data is. Lol. The burden of proof is still on you. I will wait. Lol.

The bottom line is: drama queens create non existent problems.

molasar

Banned
Here is a stream from DF as well (second game they play):

Runs the same in all vids.

Yes, Kasumi Ninja. I had it as well with head bandana.

And John is clueless what the game is based on how he plays it. I remember him playing Capcom's AvP like it is Final Fight. He just collects games. Still no metric data. They do not do a comparison with emulators.

molasar

Banned
Doom much faster. Doom looks like it's moving around 25 fps. AVP moves in slow motion. No doubt in the teens.

Why Tempest 2000 moves faster than Doom if we do not care about genres? How AvP's gameplay is impacted by frame rate negatively? Was the game designed for higher frame rate?

Top Bottom