• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is A Bluepoint Bloodborne Game Really Necessary?

Which Game Should Bluepoint Remake Next From PS Catalogue?

• Total voters
It still holds up nicely. Give it a 60fps patch and that's it.

Instead of the choices in the poll, I want a Silent Hill 1 remake. Silent Hill is my favorite franchise of all time, but sadly the first one didn't age well. 2 and 3 are okay as they are (well thanks to the PC modding scene at least).

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I love Bloodborne and all but there is no need for a full fleged Remake yet. BP would be better of remaking Syphon Filter or MGS.

BUT I want that weet 60 fps patch gad dammit!

I think the one thing Bloodborne desperately needs is a 60fps 4k and loading time patch. So mostly some technical things that make use of the PS5 power and that really shouldn't be a big issue.

We are in a weird time right now though. COVID and Remake/Remaster frenzy which is less work. Hope things can normalize in the next 3-4 years. When I made a case for BC on consoles I was hoping to have access to old games so they wouldn't get lost in time and it wouldn't even need to be physical access, but man looking at Rockstar and how they are handling the GTA franchise is making me all sad.
Rockstar is making me mad. No Rdr2 patch on consoles. Never got a gta V 4k patch (nor 60 fps), new Gta V next gen remaster is full priced and barely looks better. Charging $70 for gta 3/vice/san andreas collection.

Sony is almost as bad. BB should've gotten a ps5 patch a long time ago. No need for a remaster although I'll pay for it to finally get a good version. UC4/Lost legacy "remaster" reminds me if the gtav "remaster" in that it looks like a simple 4k/60 patch with no mention of any upgrade path for people who already bought those games. Sony has been so inconsistent on BC patches/directors cuts and so slow to patch ps4 games. There's still gravity rush, last guardian, shadow of colossus, driveclub (never going to happen I know; but it should!), the order, uncharted, bb that havnt been patched. Ughh

Duchess

Perhaps what's going on is that Bluepoint are making the sequel, but at the same time porting the previous game to their new engine.

A "remaster engine", if you like ;)

Shut0wen

Isnt bloodborne playable on ps5? What exactly is the point in remaking the game? Best to make a 2nd game if im honest because i cant see what improvements can be made to the game its pretty much near perfect, just seems incredibly pointless

Makes business sense but to be honest it just needs a bump to 60fps. I get that it’s not as easy as flicking a switch but Sony need to at least try to be more consumer friendly.

They desperately need to bring back Syphon Filter, Warhawk/Starhawk and SOCOM.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Same. I’m not really getting it at all. Just make a PS5 patch and call it a day. Why waste time when another game that actually needs it could be worked on.
Probably gen z gamers who start gaming on ps4/ xbox one gen and never experienced the other titles

Last edited:

kevm3

No, a bluepoint legend of dragoon is.
I don't see the point in remastering a game where the graphics are already great or handing over a sequel to anyone but from software

hipten

Neo Member
No, a bluepoint legend of dragoon is.
I don't see the point in remastering a game where the graphics are already great or handing over a sequel to anyone but from software
I agree and I really don’t see how this is an argument one game being from 1999 that hasn’t had anything since or a game that was just made recently last gen.

Mozzarella

A remake for 2015 game? no need, just upgrade the framerate or leave it as it is.
Other games deserve remakes more than Bloodborne which is still fairly new.
Bloodborne needs next-gen upgrade only.

Pull n Pray

Banned
I'm happy to hear Bluepoint is working on Bloodborne 2.

Ideally, they would just give us a free next gen upgrade for Bloodborne, but of course Sony won't do that.

Lupin25

Legend of Dracoon and MGS 1/2/3 deserve remakes.

I don’t believe there’s a Bloodborne “remake” in the works, though. Maybe a 4K/60 FPS “remaster” with updated assets/textures like others have mentioned, but a full-blown remake would be entirely unnecessary.

A Bloodborne sequel (co-developed by FS) and remastered version of the original game is all that should suffice.

No, but Playstation fans have surpassed Nintendo's as being the worst, most vocal, annoying pieces of trash in the industry.

Instead of demanding a new Jumping Flash, Intelligent Qube, Syphon Filter, BLASTO — no. They're literally begging Sony to resell them shit they bought 5 years ago!

RafterXL

Probably gen z gamers who start gaming on ps4/ xbox one gen and never experienced the other titles
Or people who realize it was never a technical marvel to begin with, was released a year before the Pro and should have gotten a Pro patch years ago, and has shit frame pacing, framerate, and muddy graphics.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is some fresh gamer, we just aren't Luddites or "get off my lawn" boomers who can't see the value in higher frames and resolution. I'd prefer a patch, but barring that I'd take a remaster/remake over any of the games listed, as would most of the PS community.

It's certainly not necessary but I'm not really sure " necessary" really matters.
I've long said that I hope Bloodborne is fixed on the PS5 although I really don't mind whether that means fixing what needs to be fixed or having a native PS5 or just PS4 native Bluepoint reworking and I would genuinely be happy with either.
If they are making the follow up then it would be nice to see them get their claws into the original. I know you'll never make everybody happy with the way they rework games but I also don't feel that they need to as a game they're working on should very much also have their own fingerprints on it.
Are there other PlayStation games that could also benefit from a Bluepoint reworking? Absolutely there are and I'm pretty sure that more will follow down the line as it seems it's a big thing for Sony due to them having so much success with remakes/remasters over the years and some of their recent studio acquisitions.

Or people who realize it was never a technical marvel to begin with, was released a year before the Pro and should have gotten a Pro patch years ago, and has shit frame pacing, framerate, and muddy graphics.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is some fresh gamer, we just aren't Luddites or "get off my lawn" boomers who can't see the value in higher frames and resolution. I'd prefer a patch, but barring that I'd take a remaster/remake over any of the games listed, as would most of the PS community.
Ehhh this is one of those things I think gamers might not know yet but if it ever came to be, they would prefer LoD remade. The potential is just too good

Top Bottom