• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is A Bluepoint Bloodborne Game Really Necessary?

Which Game Should Bluepoint Remake Next From PS Catalogue?

• Total voters
Yall have seen the rumors. And honestly, I love Bloodborne. I really do. It was my first Soulslike and what a beauty. But do we really need a Remake? In my opinion that’s a waste of resources. Instead, I give you Exhibit A

81zHIBnnUVL._SL1026_.jpg

This game to this day holds my top 5 spots for RPG’s. 4 discs so incredibly long but in my opinion worth the journey.

Unique turn based action intuitive action combat with the addition systems, cool flying dragon based storyline with grand set pieces and amazing music.

What say you GAF? Is it worth it for Playstation to remake a PS4 game? Or should they pull deeper from their catalogue and grab something more shocking?

Edit: Rumor is Remaster not remake for Bloodborne

Edit 2: How Relevant

Last edited:

GymWolf

Not for me, the game is too recent for a remake and i have faith in sony releasing the game on pc at a certain point.

I wanna see what these guys can do with a new project.

Last edited:
I think Bloodborne is definitely worthy of a remake if it doesn't take too long to develop.

After Demon's Souls Remake the Bluepoint standard is pretty high though. But I would settle for a remaster with 4k60, updated textures and Dualsense support.

Sony can release it also for PC.

I hope they'll make proper remakes from PS1-PS2 era games à la Shadow of Colossus. ICO would be great.

Perrott

Gold Member
Yall have seen the rumors. And honestly, I love Bloodborne. I really do. It was my first Soulslike and what a beauty. But do we really need a Remake? In my opinion that’s a waste of resources.
It won't be a remake but a remaster, which was already being worked on by another developer for a while now before the project got allegedly... absorbed by Bluepoint? Details are a bit nebulous atm, but in any case, it won't be a waste of resources.

And regarding the poll, I would kill for a BP remake of Legend of Dragoon.

Last edited:

Rudius

Bloodborne doesn't need a remake, just a remaster.
Legend of Dragoon would be a huge game and super expensive to remake.
They should do Metal Gear Solid or Symphony of The Night.

Ellery

I think the one thing Bloodborne desperately needs is a 60fps 4k and loading time patch. So mostly some technical things that make use of the PS5 power and that really shouldn't be a big issue.

We are in a weird time right now though. COVID and Remake/Remaster frenzy which is less work. Hope things can normalize in the next 3-4 years. When I made a case for BC on consoles I was hoping to have access to old games so they wouldn't get lost in time and it wouldn't even need to be physical access, but man looking at Rockstar and how they are handling the GTA franchise is making me all sad.

Bartski

Gold Member
I think a 1:1 remake like DeS with current-gen graphics by Bluepoint would be incredible and I'm happy FROM is not involved if this is all true, they should focus on new IPs.

Syphon Filter! Loved the series, would absolutely love to see a new edition added. I kinda feel like they would have to change up the controls now, as they would probably be outdated by now, but I'm sure they could make some basic happen. Would love to see Sony pump out some of their older titles like Syphon, Twisted Metal, etc. I haven't cared for their new stuff since ps3.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
No, but sony knows people will repurchase properties all the time. They did it with Ghost of Tsushima, and that game is 2 years old. That was only a $10 upgrade I think, but still Sony thrives on remakes.

Bloodborne doesn't need a remake, just a remaster.
Legend of Dragoon would be a huge game and super expensive to remake.
They should do Metal Gear Solid or Symphony of The Night.
MGS.

Bloodborne is one of the weaker From games IMO.
I’m all for a MGS Remake or SoTN but I don’t think Sony should be working on those to be quite honest with you.

Let Konami delve deep to find a worthy studio to help them do it because I see no reason for those to be exclusive to Playstation anymore considering their recent decade legacy of being on other platforms as well.

MrS

Banned
If we're talking about a sequel, I'm sure they'll succeed in making a solid Bloodborne-like title but without the Miyazaki magic it will be nothing more than a pale imitation.

If we're talking about a remaster, it's totally unneeded as the game just needs an fps boost. Certainly doesn't need a massive remaster or remake effort as it's still a relatively young game.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
No it doesn't need a remake. I appreciate it might be extra work compared to some other games, but it just need to be 60fps.

Aesius

A Bloodborne remake would almost certainly be worse. The only way I think it would be worthwhile is if they expanded Byrgenwerth and improved the Chalice Dungeons. But that could also be done with a remaster.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Its probably necessary as FROM will most likely be doing nothing but Elden Ring stuff for the next decade.

nowhat

Missing poll option: is this thread yet necessary if there's no official confirmation of a Bluepoint Bloodborne game?

LordOfChaos

Well, I'd love it.

I love Bloodborne and From Software, but it does become quite hard going from properly frame paced games, let alone 60+ FPS games, back to its stuttery presentation. I don't mind the dreamy aberration so much as others but a toggle for those that do and fixing the frame pacing/making it high framerate and suring up some of the rest of the visuals mostly on filtering quality would be a big upgrade. If From Software is never going to do it or seemingly bother fixing their engine to do so, Bluepoint could do great things.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
More than any other piece of shit you listed.
Syphon Filter ?! That was a bad game we all made fun as kids because the gun ran funny and teaser was fun. How do you remake that and not just make a boring Splinter Cell ?!

iHaunter

For sure, a 60 FPS Bloodborne is needed. I'll be glad if BP do BB2, because FromSoft's graphics team are just terrible. And the Souls formula is so stale.

engstra

Much rather see them take on/interpret an older game where the graphical improvement would be significant. Soul Reaver could be really cool. I think what I really want though would be for them to remake the Silent Hill trilogy.

More than any other piece of shit you listed.
Syphon Filter ?! That was a bad game we all made fun as kids because the gun ran funny and teaser was fun. How do you remake that and not just make a boring Splinter Cell ?!

That piece of shit reviewed pretty well

Kokoloko85

A quick patch would be good.
Id rather get a Syphon Filter, Ape Escape or Legend of Dragoon Remake.

Or better yet, Ape Escape sequel

Topher

Gold Member
If it's Bluepoint, I wouldn't expect a remaster. That's just a waste of talent. Almost anyone could do a remaster.

That's the rumor and I see no reason why they wouldn't remaster it. Certainly doesn't need a remake and Bluepoint has done remasters before.

That’s 2 demerits for not reading the OP. How could you possibly come away with me hating BloodBorne
So there is a reason why I haven't read your initial post. Your thread is titled

"Is A Bluepoint Bloodborne Game Really Necessary?"​

If you can't see how that is being said in a very negative manner or connotation then I do not know what to tell you.

Top Bottom