• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is 2022 the official goat year of gaming?

kingfey

Banned
We are in March now, and we got alot of big hits. From hfw, pokemon arceus, dying light 2, ER, to GT7. We also got Uncharted collection ps5, and God of War pc. There is also Kirby the forgotten land this month.

Then there is god of war ragnorak, BOTW2, and starfield looming around, with potential Bayonetta 3, splatoon 3 and callisto protocol.

There are other games, which might get delayed, like stalker 2, Gotham knights.

With all these games getting released in 2022, does that mean 2022 won the crown for the best year in gaming?

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
We are in March now, and we got alot of big hits. From hfw, pokemon arceus, dying light 2, ER, to GT7. We also got Uncharted collection ps5, and God of War pc. There is also Kirby the forgotten land this month.

Then there is god of war ragnorak, BOTW2, and starfield looming around, with potential Bayonetta 3, splatoon 3 and callisto protocol.

There are other games, which might get delayed, like stalker 2, Gotham knights.

With all these games getting released in 2022, does that mean 2022 won the crown for the best year in gaming?
No. What it does mean is that 2022 must be your first year in gaming.

Elden Ring might be my favorite game I've played, but I'll have to see the rest of the year. There are definitely a lot of games I'm excited for thos year, assuming everything planned still makes it this year.

ranmafan

It's a bit early to judge but at least for me, February - April game wise at least will go down as one of my favorite times in all of gaming. So many good games and more on the way. Will this year be as good as 1998, we shall see. But I think the year will be one of the more memorable ones for most for sure.

ahtlas7

Tongue Goat GIF

That’s a goat

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Fortnite
PUBG
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
Persona 5
Divinity Original Sin 2
Nier Automata
Horizon Zero Dawn
Destiny 2
Uncharted Lost Legacy

It's not going to sniff 2017.

jaysius

Banned
Fortnite
PUBG
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
Persona 5
Divinity Original Sin 2
Nier Automata
Horizon Zero Dawn
Destiny 2
Uncharted Lost Legacy

It's not going to sniff 2017.
Fortnight isn’t good, ditto Pubg.

Persona 5 was over long monotonous,so much so the developer even thought so and released the rip off “director’s cut” that was so different you couldn’t just buy a simple upgrade to it.

Nier Automata? It was ok, extremely overhyped with its insane cult following.

Horizon ZD was really bad.

Destiny 2 was fun for about a week, then the shitty grind became apparent.

Uncharted Lost Legacy showed that you shouldn’t shoe horn gameplay like stealth into an engine and not alter how it the ai reacts.

Breath of The Wild was filled with issues, including shitty frame rate, item degradation and shitty dungeons/bosses.

The rest of the list is good though…

As good as Mario Odyssey was it wasn’t at the level of Mario 64 or even Galaxy.

As for “sniffing” 2017, as of right now this year is still loaded with delays that haven’t even hit yet, so yea.

So far 2022 has Elden Ring.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It can be for you! Rejoice brother!

Elden Ring beside, i have Halo Infinite (nuff said) and GT7 with almost no new tracks. It great still but GOAT? Nah. And lol at zombie parcour game

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

And it ain't even a question friends.

GTA 3
Halo Combat Evolved
Final Fantasy X
Tony Hawk 3
Silent Hill 2
Ico
Max Payne
Jak and Daxter
Super Smash Bros
Red Faction
Twisted Metal Black
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Soul Reaver 2
Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance
Onimusha
SSX Tricky

and a lot more.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I see zero RPG's released of any value so far, so no.
Cant speak for western side of things, but for jrpgs we got Triangle Strategy, Xenoblade 3, Soul Hackers 2, Trails from Zero, a Front Mission remake, and even HERE TO KILL CHAOS might be good. This is waaaaay better off an offering than what we got in the PS3 generation lol

mortal

Gold Member
I swear every year someone says this because a few titles they were personally anticipating finally released.
It's just yet another year of good releases, not everything has to be so definitive.

Last edited:

Woopah

From a first party perspective it's definitely one of the strongest in recent years. Hopefully there are more third party announcements for the second half of the year.

Flabagast

Apart from Elden Ring (and maybe CP77 next gen but this is a special case) there is nothing exceptionnal this year for the moment.

Swift_Star

Banned
the only good game so far is Elden Ring and the only exciting games coming out are Starfield, BOTW2 (if it does come out this year), and Pokemon Scarlet/Violet.

it's not the GOAT year.
Says the only good game is ER, proceeds to say it’s excited for Pokémon scarlet/violet.
🤣

Top Bottom