• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ipad refresh 2022 reserve available

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
ye Olde classic ipad : now takes on the design of the pro's, 10.9 inch screen, A14.

ye Olde baller ipad: pencil has a hover feature that previews what it's going to do and it's used to detect when you're going to write on a text field to make it temporarily bigger, M2.

Prices unchanged (unless you live in Euroland lololol, a 512gb 12.9 ipad 5G + pen + keyboard comes up to 2600 eurodoubloons).

promo filmreel: https://www.apple.com/ipad/

dem

I like the home button on the ipad..
I like some big bezels for my fingers..

Happy GIF by Disney

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
£319 for the magic keyboard. It better be like Paul fucking Daniels for that much money.
I find it too limiting. I have a 12.9" I use for work and I have a magic keyboard for it. The trackpad is nice but the gestures would be better if they were more like MacBook gestures instead of iPad gestures. It also doubles the weight of the iPad and has a limited range of motion. I wouldn't recommend it.

Soodanim

Gold Member
iPads aren't anything I could ever get unless it was for professional use or I didn't have a PC, because they take the piss with their prices.

I just checked the Apple Store, and it said "from £499" for the basic iPad. I thought that didn't sound too unreasonable for a well made tablet, because £200 for a shit Android one isn't the best use of money these days (I miss the Nexus 7 being a budget beast). So I click through, and change the storage from 64GB to 256GB, and immediately it's £679. No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone.

Last edited:

Reallink

ye Olde classic ipad : now takes on the design of the pro's, 10.9 inch screen, A14.

ye Olde baller ipad: pencil has a hover feature that previews what it's going to do and it's used to detect when you're going to write on a text field to make it temporarily bigger, M2.

Prices unchanged (unless you live in Euroland lololol, a 512gb 12.9 ipad 5G + pen + keyboard comes up to 2600 eurodoubloons).

promo filmreel: https://www.apple.com/ipad/

Do huh now? The new "cheap" iPad was $329, the new new "cheap" iPad now starts at $450. Looks like quite the substantial price increase from where I'm sitting.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Do huh now? The new "cheap" iPad was $329, the new new "cheap" iPad now starts at $450. Looks like quite the substantial price increase from where I'm sitting.

You think the teleport device they use for their videos is cheap? Taking care of the hundreds of clones of apple executives that are generated when the device has a failure is costing them a fortune - alone the hair gel costs for the army of Craigs they keep alive must be staggering.

gundalf

Yeah about the power that's true, I have the "old" A12Z init and not a single time I experienced any stuttering or slowness, it's so good and there is no reason to upgrade for next coming years still.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I find it too limiting. I have a 12.9" I use for work and I have a magic keyboard for it. The trackpad is nice but the gestures would be better if they were more like MacBook gestures instead of iPad gestures. It also doubles the weight of the iPad and has a limited range of motion. I wouldn't recommend it.
The standard one (https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/produ...n-and-ipad-air-5th-generation-british-english) has scratched the absolute shit out of my iPad screen.

I'd never buy another one. I'm so careful with my Apple shit but this has caused physical scratches on all four corners of the iPad and only that bastard cover could have done it.

And yeah, doubles the weight.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
The standard one (https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/produ...n-and-ipad-air-5th-generation-british-english) has scratched the absolute shit out of my iPad screen.

I'd never buy another one. I'm so careful with my Apple shit but this has caused physical scratches on all four corners of the iPad and only that bastard cover could have done it.

And yeah, doubles the weight.
I know what you mean. I had a similar issue where an apple folio keyboard had plastic keys and scratched my screen. Now I use tempered glass screen protectors to keep stuff from messing up my screen. The magic keyboard has rubberized keys so it's not as hard on the screen. it works beautifully, but it's definitely not worth it.

dem

Working in Education... this feels a bit like they are abandoning the market.

Gimme an iPad SE

I'll give it to Apple on the longevity of these things. I'm still using a 1st gen iPad Pro at home. 7 years old and still works great. Still getting iOS updates. Doesn't seem slow at all.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
10th-gen regular iPad starts from €589?? These things used to be sub-400 even after COVID hit.

It’s the Mini that’s true highway robbery though, that starts from fucking € 659 :messenger_face_screaming:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
That's a steep increase. The cost of the vanilla iPad in the UK is now £499 for the 64GB version. 64GB! That's a pathetic amount of storage!
Okay, I'll up to 256GB. It's now gone up to £679!

Fuck.

Top Bottom