• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming September 2016 | I don't have unlimited money

Arroyo

Neo Member
I'm enjoying Ember so much. It's one of the best games on iOS and one of my GOTY candidates for sure.

That being said, I've returned to Hearthstone after reading what Pitta wrote a few days ago. I played it a bit when it was released but I didn't like it much. Now I'm playing it on iPad and I'm enjoying it a lot. I find something different on it... I don't know what is it but I'm loving it.

Concrete Jungle (Puzzler, very positive reviews on Steam) is out on iOS for €4.99:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/concrete-jungle/id1145823552?mt=8

It's the sequel to "Megacity" and it's quite amazing. Fully premium too and with local multiplayer.

Ahh nice, I've got that on steam and (as long as the port is okay) it's a great game. The local vs multiplayer is really silly and hilarious (although they lock most of the characters behind campaign progress which is a little annoying.)

awp69

Anyone who were fans of Ire: Blood Memory, which I personally found fantastic, it's getting a complete relaunch tomorrow (think it may be on Android already). Revamped with new graphics, UI, fatality type kills, new skill system, new modes, etc.

Anxious to see how it turned out. The original (and re-release) are F2P, which I'm not fond of, but I bought about $10 worth of currency and put many, many hours into it. About the closest thing you can find to Dark Souls on iOS.

PittaGAF

I'm enjoying Ember so much. It's one of the best games on iOS and one of my GOTY candidates for sure.

That being said, I've returned to Hearthstone after reading what Pitta wrote a few days ago. I played it a bit when it was released but I didn't like it much. Now I'm playing it on iPad and I'm enjoying it a lot. I find something different on it... I don't know what is it but I'm loving it.

Same here, and I have no clue why.
I guessed it was because of the random deck brawl which let me enjoy the game with zero deck building and grinding.

Concrete Jungle (Puzzler, very positive reviews on Steam) is out on iOS for €4.99:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/concrete-jungle/id1145823552?mt=8

It's the sequel to "Megacity" and it's quite amazing. Fully premium too and with local multiplayer.
Nice! This has been a banner month for ports. Samorost 3, Skyhill, Ember, Primordia, Frost, Concrete Jungle. Might want to have some funds ready for whatever else might come out this week. Just saying

killercow

Speaking of which, Jade Empire disappeared.

Seems like they're still having issues with EA over publishing rights or something. It might still pop up today/tomorrow though.

Nice! This has been a banner month for ports. Samorost 3, Skyhill, Ember, Primordia, Frost, Concrete Jungle. Might want to have some funds ready for whatever else might come out this week. Just saying

You're such a tease...

You're such a tease...
What? Just saying, you know, it's Wednesday, and games just love releasing out of the blue on mobile. I certainly wasn't hinting at anything that may or may not be coming out. I believe Burly Men At Sea is expected to come out this week too

heringer

What? Just saying, you know, it's Wednesday, and games just love releasing out of the blue on mobile. I certainly wasn't hinting at anything that may or may not be coming out. I believe Burly Men At Sea is expected to come out this week too

Jade Empire confirmed today.

killercow

Oh sorry, really thought that was meant to be a teaser for something big this week. Actually forgot that Burly Men At Sea was supposed to be released this week, looking forward to that a lot.

awp69

I need to seriously curtail my spending so I'm going to have to be picky on what I ultimately pick up being a console owner as well (picked up Darkest Dungeon on PS4 and Forza Horizon 3 on X1).

Still have tons of stuff to play on iOS already, spending the most time with Ember but also Solitairica, Nightgate, Teeny Titans, Lumines, Vulture Island, Leap of Fate, Reigns and dozens of games in my backlog. Haven't touched Deus Ex Go.

KiDdYoNe

Welp, sold my Contest of Champions account with no email (wanted to keep my main) for $214. Thought it will go 175 bucks max but auction ended up a bit higher. Feels good to be released!

And looks like I'm back to Spider-Man Unlimited. Need to find myself new F2P :)

awp69

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Yeah, that is the name I hear a lot of. It is MOBA tho which I suck at and don't really have interesting in these kind of games.

I'm not a MOBA man myself, but I do love the Battle Royale mode in Vainglory.

Instead of the longer 15-20 minute MOBA Mode, Battle Royale is a short, 3v3 straight forward game where everyone starts as a random hero. It strips away all the jungling, farming, etc and you're left with 7-8 minutes of super satisfying team fights.

There is a learning curve as you'll need to figure out what each hero does as you play them, but it's well worth it if you're looking for a f2p iOS game with some real depth behind it.

hollomat

Banned
Damn you got me excited for jade empire. I've been waiting for it since it was announced then pulled over a month ago.

Have a long trip this weekend and it would've been perfect for it.

I never did finish banner saga 1 despite liking it. Hoping BS2 has better scaling for text and menus on mobile since that was one of my few gripes with the first one on my iPad mini.

heringer

I think I'll wait until Banner Saga 3 so I can experience the whole story without another cliff hanger and having to wait years (when I will inevitably forget the story).

It looks just as great as the first though, so it's hard to pass.

PittaGAF

I think I'll wait until Banner Saga 3 so I can experience the whole story without another cliff hanger and having to wait years (when I will inevitably forget the story).

It looks just as great as the first though, so it's hard to pass.

Not sure if it's an intro sale, but it's damn cheap too.
I'm downloading...I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow to play :(
Not that I'm without games....but I'm putting on hold everything.

It's INCREDIBLE we can get these kind of games so cheap.

heringer

Not sure if it's an intro sale, but it's damn cheap too.
I'm downloading...I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow to play :(
Not that I'm without games....but I'm putting on hold everything.

It's INCREDIBLE we can get these kind of games so cheap.

Indeed. $5 dollars for this is a steal (based on the quality of the original).

awp69

Honestly love Banner Saga but shamefully admit that I have not finished it. I do have BS2 on X1 from their GwG freebie program.

Was planning on finishing the first one on iOS.

I know the story carries over but do game saves make a difference? That would likely push me to get the second installment on iOS as well.

Reminds me about those comments from the Banner Saga debts about premium mobile games. Weren't they saying that Banner Saga was selling poorly on iOS and even Apple was getting frustrated by it? Makes me wonder why they still bothered with mobile at all for the sequel.

awp69

Reminds me about those comments from the Banner Saga debts about premium mobile games. Weren't they saying that Banner Saga was selling poorly on iOS and even Apple was getting frustrated by it? Makes me wonder why they still bothered with mobile at all for the sequel.

Maybe they had the engine and everything in place to do it and might have been cheaper to port the second time around? Just a guess.

PittaGAF

If possible, Banner Saga 2 is even more glorious.
For the ones interested, there is a nice video recap of the first game story, and you can pick up you last iCloud save or choose SPOILER before starting a new game.
It asks your Apple password to retrieve the first game save (or saves, in case you did multiple playthrough)....first time I see different games can access the same iCloud file.

The game starts immediately with a nice mini tutorial, the the titles roll in and you are sucked in its world.

First thing I noticed is that now there are descrruclble environmental objects in the battlefield.

Graphics, animations and music are just incredible.

Top Bottom