• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming October 2017 | Stranger Things have happened than great mobile games

PittaGAF

May Sigmar guide your steps!!!!

https://youtu.be/fd6Dxc3AMxE

Some pics I took earlier last night while playing.
It’s a great game that you can play for tons of hours....Fantasy dungeon crawling at its finest. Hands down my GOTY.

wyD8nWa.jpg

oPlZfBD.jpg

XN6XwWY.jpg

z4Q2bLr.jpg

bWxXfp6.jpg

T7qzwVU.jpg

rQBScmY.jpg

Kalentan

Hey guys so I got the iPad 10.5 Pro 256 GB last week and hoping to actually get some good gaming done on it since it’s actually big enough to support it.

Thus far I have...

• Infinity Blade 3
  • Stranger Things
  • Into The Dead 2
  • Assassins Creed Identity

I have Injustice 2 and Hearthstone but thinking of getting rid of them.

Is there any good premium or free games you guys can suggest? Pref those that would be good on an iPad? I’m thinking RPGs and Action games, maybe shooters if it works well enough. I saw that White Day is on here but unsure If it’s worth because of the PS4 version out now.

Hey guys so I got the iPad 10.5 Pro 256 GB last week and hoping to actually get some good gaming done on it since it’s actually big enough to support it.

Thus far I have...

• Infinity Blade 3
  • Stranger Things
  • Into The Dead 2

Is there any good premium or free games you guys can suggest? Pref those that would be good on an iPad? I’m thinking RPGs and Action games, maybe shooters if it works well enough. I saw that White Day is on here but unsure If it’s worth because of the PS4 version out now.
General recommends:
Sorcery series
The Room series
Dark Echo
Cosmic Express
Yankai’s Peak
Monument Valley
Ticket To Earth
Mushroom 11
Warlock of Firetop Mountain
Lara Croft Go

RPG/action:
Ember
Avernum series
King of Dragon Pass
Demons’ Rise 2
Warhammer Quest 1 & 2
The Radiangames dual sticks (Inferno 2, JoyJoy, Super Crossfighter)
Galactic Keep

Ports:
Baldurs Gate 1/2
Planescape Torment
Invisible Inc
FTL
Steamworld Heist
Leap of Fate

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Having just bought Destiny 2, I might wait a bit for WHQ2, unless the DLC is on sale as a release special or something?

HotHamBoy

Thus far I have...

• Infinity Blade 3
  • Stranger Things
  • Into The Dead 2

Went straight for F2P chart toppers, eh? ;-)

I'll recommend some games that are absolutely going to look great

Warhammer Quest 2!
XCOM: Enemy Within
The Legend of Grimrock
7 Mages
The Executive
The Banner Saga 1 & 2
Space Marshalls 1 & 2
The Go Series: Hitman, Lara Croft, Deus Ex
The Room Series
The Witness
Galaxy On Fire 2 HD
Implosion
The Talos Principle
Morphite
Darkest Dungeon
Transistor
Bastion
Monument Valley
Card Thief
Card Crawl
Ticket to Earth
Planar Conquest
Out There
Reigns
Vainglory

Beautiful (and good!) Card & Board Games:
Faeria
Elder Scrolls Legends
Krosmaga
Splendor
Elder Signs: Omens
Forbidden Island
Galactic Keep

More_Badass recommends good games too, might have some overlap. Too lazy to change.

On a seperate note, I have a few games to highlight for the Halloween season. These have been out awhile but they are all great.

The Executive
the_executive-3.jpg

Slayaway Camp
11.jpg

Death Road To Canada
citytrio.jpg

Darkest Dungeon
1257406.jpg

Elder Sign: Omens
658_elder-sign-museum.jpg

Deep Dungeons of Doom
Deep-Dungeons-of-Doom-Battle.png

awp69

Thanks for the suggestions! For now I got Ember which seems really cool thus far!

Solid choice because it as built specifically for mobile so is far more intuitive and efficient for a touch screen than ports of other CRPG-style dungeon crawlers.

PittaGAF

Maybe referring to the fact that three of them are fully clothed while one is wearing bikini armor.

Ding ding ding!

Lol!!!
Sorry I’m a bit slow today (slower than usual).
She is totally BADASS tough.
She learned a spell recently called PAIN WORD that LITERALLY transform an enemy in dust with a super creepy sound that I love.

Too bad that, as you noticed, she is a bit fragile....if anyone gets near her she is almost certainly dead.
That’s why at least an Empire Captain never leaves her side ;)

I actually think she is the leader of the group.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
For those playing Into the Dead 2, we just released a patch update 1.0.6 featuring

- Improved process around cloud saving
- Improved stability on low memory devices
- Increased security around survival highscores
- Companion selection bugs fixed
- Notification bug fixes
- Weapon audio bug fixes
- General usability improvements
- Balancing: Based on player feedback, story stamina recharge time has been decreased

Also, we passed the 6m downloads mark today :O

colinp

Banned
For those playing Into the Dead 2, we just released a patch update 1.0.6 featuring

- Notification bug fixes
- Weapon audio bug fixes
- Balancing: Based on player feedback, story stamina recharge time has been decreased

Congrats! That’s wild.

What are your thoughts on the new AppStore design as a developer?

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Congrats! That’s wild.

What are your thoughts on the new AppStore design as a developer?

Still trying to work out the impact exactly from the data.

Gut feel is the individual featuring slots are better, but there are less visible slots than before, which might create a "rich get richer, poor get poorer" sort of situation.

Apple is also making some "interesting" featuring decisions as well. There are a LOT of very old games getting pole position. Will be interesting to see whether they maintain that over time, or whether it is just something they are doing in the short term for the transition to the new format.

Ketch

Started WQ2 last night. It's really good. I already like it more then gen the first one. Two questions: how do I heal serious injuries and should I just keep going forward? I'm on the 4th or 5th icon on the map and I'm not sure if I should go backwards looking for a healer

colinp

Banned
Still trying to work out the impact exactly from the data.

Gut feel is the individual featuring slots are better, but there are less visible slots than before, which might create a "rich get richer, poor get poorer" sort of situation.

Apple is also making some "interesting" featuring decisions as well. There are a LOT of very old games getting pole position. Will be interesting to see whether they maintain that over time, or whether it is just something they are doing in the short term for the transition to the new format.

Would love to hear an update on your thoughts further down the road. Thanks for sharing!

Started WQ2 last night. It's really good. I already like it more then gen the first one. Two questions: how do I heal serious injuries and should I just keep going forward? I'm on the 4th or 5th icon on the map and I'm not sure if I should go backwards looking for a healer

I *think* leveling up heals serious injuries.

PittaGAF

Levelling up cures all serious injuries as colinp said!
It’s the cross icon in some cities.

PittaGAF

How important is it to level up? Should I be waiting until I have serious injuries before doing it...?

It's super important, but that really depends on your play style and how difficult you feel the game is.

I would generally level up as soon as I can, but this can happen:

You level up spending all your money AND XP...then in the following dungeon you are knocked out.
You can get money with other members but you still have to get XP, and sometimes it's not trivial with a broken arm.

When you level up, one of these things can happen:

1) single stat increase
2) HP increase
3) 1 more slot
4) one more AP

All of them are beneficial, some are better than others depending on your actual situation/how many skills/items.

That said...you won't get anywhere without leveling up...you will need every single slot, AP, HP and stat later on.

- Notification bug fixes
- Weapon audio bug fixes

That's fantastic! You don't see devs do that much these days.

Also I like that Gold weekend offer you guys have, very generous.

heringer

Currently enjoying Stardew Valley on Switch and I have to say, it's a crime there isn't a mobile port. If there's one game perfect for the platform, this is it.

I still think they will port it eventually. Too bad I'll probably be done with the game by then.

A port of the PC/console action platformer ICEY just released for $2.99.

ICEY by X.D. Network Inc.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icey/id1271620263?mt=8

It’s gotten pretty good reviews and I almost considered buying it on PS4 but going to grab it on iOS now.

This week has just been insane!!!

If I remember right, this game has a sale on Steam where you can get a Steam Link for $1 if you get this game with it.

Looked at screenshots and didn't really seem to be my kind of game, but I'll check videos before I know for sure.

awp69

If I remember right, this game has a sale on Steam where you can get a Steam Link for $1 if you get this game with it.

Looked at screenshots and didn't really seem to be my kind of game, but I'll check videos before I know for sure.

Just looked on Steam and you’re right. That’s a pretty damn good deal if you’re in the market for a Steam Link. Usually those alone go for like $30-$50. You can get both with ICEY for under $10.

BTW, even on Steam 92% of over 12,000 reviews of the game are positive. Anxious to check it out myself.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
The Executive! Great blast from the past.

Want to get Warhammer2 but I think it'll struggle on my iphone 6. Waiting to upgrade first.

awp69

Oh, wow, I didn’t expect Icey to come to mobile. I had been thinking about getting it on PC but this is the better deal

I don’t think I’m exaggerating to say that ICEY has the best side scrolling melee combat on iOS. Even better than Dust with some insane combos. Soooooo satisfying. It’s pulling me away from WHQ2. It’s that good!

——

Post apocalyptic shooter The Sun released for $1.99. Looks promising.

The Sun: Origin by Igor Migun
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-sun-origin/id1296220190?mt=8

colinp

Banned
Man what is happening to NeoGaf (again).... MB are you going to step down in protest? I heard four mods already did.

Top Bottom