• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming January 2017 | Swipe Right Into The New Year

bjork

Thread friends, I see there's a WWE puzzle quest game. Heard it's pretty subpar, but I'll check it out and report back.

Anyone here playing Yu-Gi-Oh!? Would love some Duels with fellow iOSGAFers! My ID: 413-934-357

I've been playing since the JP launch, but I'm probably going to drop it if the Pegasus points don't carry over from the last time he was here. I think it's really well-made, but if I can't play as my guy, it loses something to me.

This looks so great! Hopefully they'll announce a release date soon, this was originally slated to be out fall 2016.
And before that they were saying summer of 2016.

They've been taking their time with this one. That's great that they'll hopefully be making it as polished as possible, but it's been hard waiting so long for it.

With luck, since they announced Kingdom Rush 4 recently, maybe I won't have to wait long between both of them.

Pachimari

You guys should give One Snake a go. It released today and is free. It play like the classic Snake on Nokia phones but with colorful visuals and a snake that moves like one. It can be a lot of fun and addicting.

And here's some new screenshots of Noblemen: 1896:

RBkmnzF.png

a5KScb7.png

bPkndwP.png

QJuS9iO.png

Finally got to use the nimbus in store in Singapore. Very nice. Can't wait for mine to reach me next month. Played Transistor for a good 20 mins on it in store.

awp69

Google Play just rolled out an interesting update for reviews. Games can now be rated in three categories: controls, gameplay and graphics.

Kind of shallow to have graphics as one of the ratings but staying ahead of Apple again in terms of reviews (like Apple now playing catchup with developer responses).

bjork

It's horrendous.

And not in the way recent WWE is horrendous.

But the other way, that doesn't wash off.

Yeah, it's not stupendous. If it was my first match three or something, and I was *really* into the WWE license, I could see it making a bigger impression. Instead, I played until the first story leg ended and then I've seen enough. Having like 9 different currencies to collect guys/level up/level up moves/etc is just more than I want to take on, and I don't want to play as Cena, Rock, Roman, or Rollins. A product that is basically not for me.

Jarsonot

Curious about Potion Explosion, a match 3 based on a board game that also has multiplayer. Premium as well.

Never heard of the board game.

Imprint-X also looks interesting.

Same here, never heard of the board game but would love to hear impressions. I feel if they took the time to make an app, its must be halfway decent. A lot of good board games translated really well to IOS.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Not entirely sold on the new art direction.

Should clarify, not entirely sold on the protagonists new design. The rest looks alright.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The shading is giving me low key Twinsen's Odyssey vibes (which is a good thing).

awp69

Kingdom: New Lands has been delayed. We don't know why or for how long. It was supposed to release on January 31.

Since their tweets say it has nothing to do with development of the game, I have to wonder if maybe it has something to do with the fact that it is exclusive to Shield devices on Android. Maybe there was an issue with the agreement they have with Nvidia?

Mudo

A Normal Lost Phone impressions:

I just "beat" the game it took about 1-2 hours to complete. Overall I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of 10. The game has you going through a lost phone and through reading emails, texts, a dating app, and an internet webpage, you try to be piece together what is going on in the life of they person who owns the phone. The game is basically all reading and it is written well and is interesting. There are a couple light puzzles which have you trying to determine passwords for various things you need to access, based on other info found on the phone. The narrative focuses on an 18 year old and deals with the
gender and sexual identity of the phone's owner
. While an interesting story, it pretty much focused on only these themes and felt like it ended way too soon. I was engrossed while it lasted but it could have used some more explanations and resolution towards the end. I guess what I'm saying is I wish there was more to it - story, interactivity etc. Still though i don't regret buying it - this just won't be for everyone.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Red's Kingdom really is something, but I wish it had map that showed you which path you didn't take. Hard to keep track of all these forks in the road.

PittaGAF

I'm 3 hours into Cayne and it's so magnificent the wait for Stasis on iOS is even more unbearable.
Loving every fucking scary moment of it.

My personal preferred type of sci-fi too.

Pachimari

I'm 3 hours into Cayne and it's so magnificent the wait for Stasis on iOS is even more unbearable.
Loving every fucking scary moment of it.

My personal preferred type of sci-fi too.

I can't get Cayne to work other than in Windowed mode, and then I can only get to the menu, and then it just turns black huhu.

PittaGAF

I can't get Cayne to work other than in Windowed mode, and then I can only get to the menu, and then it just turns black huhu.

For some reason it works on my shitty old MacBook.
It's fantastic.

Can't freaking wait for Stasis that I played 1 hour before realizing it would be GLORIOUS on iPad at night with headphones.
I pestered the dev since then :p

PittaGAF

We'll probably get it the same time Darkest Dungeon gets ported :p

Eh :p

Well actually the iOS build is ready since some months already (or so I'm told).
But the devs are very small (2 brothers actually) and can't sustain Cayne, the kickstarter and a game on iOS....so Stasis on iOS has to wait (the port is made by another dev, but support is from the Brotherhood Brothers).

I'm pretty confident we will see it sooner than later...I bet Spring or early Summer.

Now they are focused on their next game kickstarter, Beautiful Desolation.

How's

iOS Gaming February 2017 | Providing escapism since 2012 [or 2008]

2012 was the first monthly iOS thread
2008 was the first iOS thread
And escapism is very welcome nowadays

awp69

Tweeted the Kingdoms dev and they say the delay has nothing to do with Nvidia and still says they will make what the situation is clear "soon".

awp69

I like Splitter Critters but struggle with the controls a bit. When I saw 3D Touch support I was hoping that would help. Unfortunately still have the problem where I keep creating more cuts than I intend to.

I'll probably get used to it but playing it short bursts probably doesn't help.

Matt Frost

Golf Zero released a release candidate version so it should come out pretty sooner than I thought... the game is a blast!

Top Bottom