• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming April 2015 | April sales bring May backlogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, awp! Now you got to come by the Indie Games thread. See, I wasn't a big PC gamer either and then I got into indies and now that's the main platform I play on.

Anyway, I picked up Crystal Siege since it's on sale, and it's a really good RPG-tower defense hybrid. Definitely worth checking out

Also, May thread should be up tonight. Sorry for the delay

awp69

Nice, awp! Now you got to come by the Indie Games thread. See, I wasn't a big PC gamer either and then I got into indies and now that's the main platform I play on.

Yep, will definately stop by over there. I'm sure indies will be my main focus when I do play.

JCho133

Mark of the Ninja is awesome though. And I will play some things here and there on PC, but not likely to the extent of More_Badass or others (you?).

Sorry for the long winded off topic story, but it would be a dream to take Mark of the Ninja on the go.

Yeah my PC is shite, can't play anything on it. Hoping to get a new one in the next couple months.

Played MotN on 360, still one of my absolute favorite games of all times.

Yep, will definately stop by over there. I'm sure indies will be my main focus when I do play.
Toma just put the May Indie thread up, if you wanted to sub there. Tons of free stuff this month.

As for IOS releases, we got Door Kickers and Heroes & Castles 2 releasing this month. Maybe This War of Mine as well. I can't recommend Door Kickers enough. It's so good.

Timotheus

The Enchanted Cave 2 is really great! It's so addictive to collect loot und level up your character. The skill tree is pretty extensive!

zatara

The Enchanted Cave 2 is really great! It's so addictive to collect loot und level up your character. The skill tree is pretty extensive!

After reading this I went on the store to look at it and on a whim downloaded it. A few hours later I'm posting this reply, thanks for the heads up addicting indeed.

After reading this I went on the store to look at it and on a whim downloaded it. A few hours later I'm posting this reply, thanks for the heads up addicting indeed.
From what I read, the gameplay sounds kind of boring and more like an action puzzle game than an RPG. Any more impressions? What kind of skills can you learn?

Icewind Dale dropped to $4.99 for the first time

Was out with the family all day, so wasn't able to finish up the May OP. Will definitely be up today

okno

So, Microgue is... okay. Cute, simple, but I don't really feel any incentive to go back to it. It also doesn't hold your progress if you leave the app and come back, which is obnoxious as all hell.

But. It was just $1.00. Really can't complain.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What 8-bit styled games do you guys recommend for the iOS?

Timotheus

From what I read, the gameplay sounds kind of boring and more like an action puzzle game than an RPG. Any more impressions? What kind of skills can you learn?

It is definitely an ARPG. You have to fight through randomly generated floors, earn XP, collect loot, craft items and talk to NPCs. You can learn many elemantal attacks or the ability to heal your character. The clou: You have to use a specific item to return with your earned XP, gold and artifacts back to the town. Otherwise you will lose everything. As i said, it's pretty damn addicting. My favorite iOS ARPG this year! :)

zatara

- Rougelike ish in the sense that you lose some stuff (junk loot) for when you leave or all of you die in the cave.

- There is a healthy amount of loot like armor, weapons (both can be enchanted), potions and other materials (to craft potions). There are also skill bonus pickups, and a pick axe that you can use to open up more of a cave to possibly find shit.

- There is a pretty big skill tree, so far I've learned a heal spell, a fire attack, and an ice attack. A lot of the pieces on the skill tree are things like +def + ark etc...

- Combat is my favorite part because its fits mobile great, movement is grid based and you tap what grid you want to go to and if you tap a grid with a monster you start an auto attack and you have a toolbar at the bottom to use stuff like potions and abilities. Combat on some floors can be totally avoided and you can get a bunch of loot and get to the next floor(sometimes).

- Some floors have fireplaces where you can craft.

- It seems that every 10 floors has a merchant to buy and sell stuff.

- There are a few npcs that do sidequests.

So far I love it, the controls are perfect for combat and movement. The loot drops are generous enough to keep playing to get better shit and craft and enchant better shit. The skill tree is huge I haven't even scratched the surface of it yet so I can see myself playing this for a while.

awp69

Anyone play the first Enchanted Cave? Was thinking of checking it out first before getting the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom