• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming April 2015 | April sales bring May backlogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
uM6g9rg.jpg

ibfZIIL6pii2Pl.png

Each month, the iOS GAF community hosts a thread for new game releases, rumors and discussion that define the fast-moving world of iOS gaming.

The OP will contain games that released both towards the end of the previous month and games that have released during the current month.
All the games listed will have been highlighted by the GAF community in one way or another. This way you can keep tabs on the best games and at the same time curate an excellent resource to look back on to find games you may have missed.

If you're a developer who wishes to have your game featured, please talk about your game in the thread and if the GAF community at large likes the game then your wish just might be granted. Please note that there's a difference between posting about a game you made and just advertising your game with no further interaction with the community, this thread is not for the latter and such advertising behavior is frowned upon.

Directory
1) Introduction & Recommended Games
2) Recommended Games continued
3) Upcoming Releases, Past Threads & Other Links

c9l3j0f.jpg

0mvbYQm.jpg

Site (N/A) | Trailer | App Store
Meet our stretchy pooch : Silly Sausage in his adventure through Meat Land.
Swipe based controls will allow you to stretch through the air changing direction as you go. Latch onto a surface and your dachshund will retract to that spot.
Having an infinitely stretchy body is pretty handy, but it's not all plain sailing. Your exposed body is vulnerable to all sorts of meat cutting instruments so don't over stretch yourself or you could end up butchered!

screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

I do not like it at all. For me, the controls are a bit cluncky and... meh, I think I do not like the overall design. Magic Touch and Platform Panic appealed more to me.
Nitrome's Silly Sausage is another fantastic addition from them. I know I've played a game with a similar concept before, cant remember what it was, but basically you control an elastic dog traversing a colorful world of danger. Latching onto a surface retracts your body. The game is set up like Smash Hit or Retry, one long level with checkpoints you can stop at. Watching ads or using gems you collect let you unlock a checkpoint. The gameplay is fun and challenging as the mechanics and hazards grew: lasers, saws, spikes, surfaces that can't be grabbed, areas that boost your speed, pipes, crushers, and more. Definitely worth checking out

V27xMeO.jpg

Site | Trailer | App Store
If you solve something, say something.
In today's world, it's all on the line. Answer the call.
Join your fellow citizens to decrypt suspicious messages and help make our nation safer and stronger! For every puzzle you solve, for every dangerous message you bring to our attention, you make your family and your country that much safer.
Solve high-level decryption algorithms through a puzzle-like interface, then uncover potential plots and unmask suspicious individuals. Reach into their past to follow their movements and uncover their motives, track their associations and evaluate the threat.

TouchTone_AnimatedSS2.gif
TouchTone_AnimatedSS3.gif
SVAPhoY.jpg

TouchTone is really, really good. Figured it would be since it's by Mikengreg.
Okay, so TouchTone is fascinating. The actual puzzles are not very complicated. Challenging but not that complex. It's reflecting and splitting beams. The presentation is slick and manipulating the tiles is effortless.

But the real reason to check out TouchTone is its story. It's like BlackBar in that sense. The puzzle core is fun but the framework is the truly compelling element. You - yes, you - are a loyal citizen taking part in a government program focused on protecting national security. You piece together info from emails and phone conversations and other private communication to figure out if there is a threat. A story emerges.

4ajYnHc.png

Meet Mr Jump, your new hero! Help him jump his way through the ingenious and tricky levels we have created for you!
Mr Jump will seriously challenge your skills and reflexes!

screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Don't be put off by the comparisons to Flappy Bird that sites are making; it's a platformer in the vein of Kid Tripp from 1Button. They've been my go-to devs for fun and challenging minimalist puzzle games for a few years now, so rest assured that anything from them is quality
Mr. Jump is pretty neat. I was about ready to write it off, but as of Level 2 they've added an interesting new mechanic, which immediately refreshed the gameplay.
I've played it. Pretty fun but Kid Tripp is miles better IMO. Still definitely worth a download.

k5v7H0z.jpg

Ever wanted to play at being Sherlock Holmes or Miss Marple, solving puzzles, finding clues and leading the investigation into the crime that needs to be deciphered? The Trace is an immersive murder mystery puzzle adventure game that will pit your wits against a baffling crime that needs solving and a case that needs answers!
Discover clues, find the leads and reveal the proof, become a detective, solve the mystery and unravel your next case! Was it an accident or was it murder? Delve into the science of forensics, examine the scene of the crime, chase the leads that you uncover and find the truth you need.
Play detective and lead the investigation into an intriguing case, exploring crime scenes and searching for clues. Find forensic evidence and study fingerprints to piece together the proof of what really happened.

screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

*Impressions soon*

aATjuQR.jpg

A relaxing exploratory game in a mind-blowing audio-visual world. Get involved in this special tale, choose quick adventures if you want to rush through, or take your time and explore a world of sound & design.
Discover a new world where there’s a lot to see and even more to hear. Help Poco Eco, the curious explorer complete his mission. Your goal is to help Poco and his tribe find their Sounds that they’ve lost by solving the mini puzzles and completing all twelve 3D animated levels. By downloading the game you also get free access to Iamyank’s new LP.

screen520x924.jpeg
screen520x924.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

It's lacking polish, visually some poor textures get in the way of this beautiful artstyle and there's not really any puzzles. You just press random buttons until you clear the path because there's no way to fail. It might sound harsh but at least it will deflate the hype as this is no Monument Valley.
It's definitely enjoyable but the couple of worlds I've played through weren't so great gameplay wise.

7YSWIg5.png

New, polished, mind-bending, minimal puzzle game with dozens of levels and extra-ordinary design..
- Beautifully crafted minimal puzzle game
- 77 mind bending levels
- No IAP, complete experience the moment you download it
Get ready for the new puzzle experience.

screen568x568.jpeg
screen568x568.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Rop is really good puzzle game worthy checking out. The core concept is really simple - manipulate ropes and points to copy shapes - but the shapes grow increasingly complex and challenging

quOCbA5.jpg

Card Crawl is a solitaire style Dungeon Crawler played with a modified deck
of standard cards.
Clear the Dungeon of 54 cards by using item-cards, slaying monsters and managing your limited inventory. Each run you can use 5 ability-cards (mini deck building) which will give you unique skills. By collecting gold you can unlock 15 ability-cards which enable new tactics and even better highscores.

shot1.jpg
shot4.jpg
SVAPhoY.jpg

I bought this last night and tried it out. It's good, but it feels like it's lacking a little depth right now. There's not much variation in playing through, although you can unlock new abilities so maybe that'll help. Still, it's entertaining enough and the presentation is great.
I'm enjoying it. It's a little too heavily based on luck, however. I'll have one game that's a cake walk and another where I just get handed monster after monster and get killed pretty quickly.

That said, there's an option to play with ability cards that you choose (they need to be unlocked either through gameplay or coins earned) that can make it a bit more strategic.

The game kind of got me wanting a deeper poker or solitare based RPG game (aside from the obvious Sword & Poker).
Card crawl is pretty fun, nice take on solitaire
Card Crawl is great design throughout. Great, simple visuals and quick gameplay. As much randomness as Solitaire, but with enough strategy each round that you don't feel like it's always totally out of your control.

I can't stop playing this.

OIissUd.jpg

Site (N/A) | Gameplay | App Store
Blokshot Revolution. Feel the rush.
A beautiful firework display of hypnotic neon destruction.

screen1136x1136.jpeg
screen1136x1136.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Blokshot Revolution is excellent. The controls couldn't be more simple: Touch and hold to spin, release to launch. Launch shots at blocks that fall from the top of the screen. Each block you hit adds to your combo, reach X3 combo to unleash 'Triple Shot'.

The gameplay does become very absorbing, especially when you perform a shot that saves the day at the last moment. The controls will take getting used to but it's a great feeling when you start pulling off chains and canons for more points.

The game is finely presented, from the visual style to the fine tunes. It's free to download so give it a try and let me know what you think. There's no consumable IAP, just $1.99 to disable ads which also unlocks the full soundtrack

Blokshot is very cool. I completely suck at it but it's amazingly well polished with excellent physics and is difficult without being frustrating.

ys2cvNw.jpg

An epic vision of the future, AG Drive takes you on the ride of your life as you drive blazing fast anti-gravity race craft and race against opponents on spectacular tracks that dive over and under an Earth city of the future
The world of AG Drive is real and full of life - witness huge futuristic highway systems come to life, with air traffic filling the skies as spaceships land and take off, and spotlights sweep the skies. The stunning, unparalleled visuals of the world of AG Drive were possible to be realized only because of the ZORG 3D engine.

ag_drive_01_s1200x0_q80_noupscale.jpg
ag_drive_04_s1200x0_q80_noupscale.jpg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Holy cow at AG Drive!!! The game is GORGEOUS, runs buttery smooth on my 5s and is a joy to play. Absolutely the best Wipeout-like on iOS. This should not be passed up for $4.
Guys...AG Drive
The best F-Zero/Wipeout-like I've played since Repulze. The sense of speed and the visuals are...wait for it, GLORIOUS™
And the best part? 100% premium. The devs switched from freemium during the soft launch to paid with no IAP for the worldwide launch
Just to be clear, it's all racing, no weapons. But there's a nice variety of race types (duels, elimination, etc.), the controls are tight, the sense of speed and visuals are great, and there's a hefty amount of content.

Edit: there is a slight offensive element, since each vehicle has a special ability (shockwave that slows down racers, electric AoE blast that knocks racers away, etc)

OyJRmpx.jpg

Join Alto and his friends as they embark on an endless snowboarding odyssey. Journey across the beautiful alpine hills of their native wilderness, through neighbouring villages, ancient woodlands, and long-abandoned ruins.
Along the way you'll rescue runaway llamas, grind rooftops, leap over terrifying chasms and outwit the mountain elders – all while braving the ever changing elements and passage of time upon the mountain.

2_Dawn.png
6_Storm.png
SVAPhoY.jpg

Alto's Adventure is really fun!

Sure it's an endless racer but damn does it have style. Just gorgeous! The time of day changes each run so eventually you're snowboarding at night with a crescent moon in the sky and lights on in the houses, and then the sun starts to slowly rise on the next run! It all looks really great.

They've got the usual three challenges you need to complete to level up and coins to collect to buy things from the shop. You can do tricks in the air and you have to land properly or you'll crash.

I dunno, I haven't played a runner in a long time and I think this one's great. Soothing music, too.

PVnw32S.jpg

A physics platformer about size, speed and momentum unlike anything you’ve ever seen before!
Grow, shrink, roll, leap and climb in this unique puzzler featuring over 150 challenging mazes one-of-a-kind gameplay that includes portals, inverted gravity, vehicles and more! Share your times with friends on the global leaderboards and become a time/space legend!

KQJaklT.jpg
BR5PAvK.jpg
SVAPhoY.jpg

...Totally worth checking out. Its a puzzle platformer, but easily one of the better ones of the recent past, polished AND interesting enough to get into my highly recommended category even. The basic mechanic revolves around growing and shrinking your ball, and how that affects mass, momentum and some other aspects that are very cleverly used in the levels. Swirling around the level is very satisfying and its generally really pleasant to play and solve. Definitely check this out as well.

bvn0k82.jpg

Use sound to explore mysterious environments and escape from an unseen evil through 80 ominous levels.
Based on our Ludum Dare game You Must Escape, which is featured on PC Gamer's list of 100 best free online games.
Best experienced with sound enabled. Stereo headphones are recommended.

screen1136x1136.jpeg
screen1136x1136.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

So yeah, Dark Echo is awesome

A black screen, with your white footprints the only color amid the surrounding dark. Hold the screen to move toward that direction. Each step illuminates the world through sounds, lines emanating from your steps and against the wall. Without sound, you are blind. Find the exit. Except it's not so easy, because you are not alone. Things lurk in the darkness, drawn by the sound of your movement. Hunting you.

Dark Echo is a masterful execution of minimalist design. Each step is tense, drawing you forward through the necessity of sight and the need to explore. The visuals, stark lines contrasting against black, are simplistic yet work so well. The sound design is atmospjeric and incredible. Listen to the game's advice and use headphones. Your echoing footsteps. The gruttual growls of those things that lurk in the dark. Water splashing underfoot, or dripping overhead.
I loved every minute of it (played about an hour).
It's brilliant, very engaging and incredibly immersive (I've a soft spot for sounds heavy games but I'm really liking the visual feedback).
I really hope there is a mystery/story to discover...seems like it.

Great game.
Dark Echo is really fantastic. The whole take on using sound is truly unique and fun mechanic. Also looking forward to seeing what mysteries lie ahead.

ibyHj0Eql09WPw.png

A friend of mine has a blog and does daily roundups of iOS releases. http://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/
Power-Up - April 9th
Caves N Chasms - April 9th
Implosion - April 9th
Avernum 2 - April 15th
Sorcery 3 - April 16th
Arcane Tower - April 16th
Spellcrafter: The Path of Magic - April 16th
Forgotten Memories - April 23rd
Devious Dungeons 2 - April
Does Not Commute - Mid-April
This War of Mine - Late April/Early May
More releases to be added soon

ippJAuUVwHtsA.png
This website keeps track of all the controller enabled games. It gets updated regularly.
iq4XyeMdqqoju.png
iPyNA27sLHkAs.jpg
iCade Hardware / Games reviews said:

iOUdKomG1O1K3.png

iOS Gaming March 2015 | Beware the IAPs of March
iOS Gaming February 2015 | Under New Management
iOS Gaming December 2014/January 2015

Visit the January 2014 thread for links to December 2013 through November 2012 threads!

if6jTSmBmYIcK.png
ibkCJVCVCRONTR.png
iIxEI6FTPvnDN.png

### The Game Center user list is here: quote to see ###
iOS Membership said:
Rules
  • Send Dash Kappei or Tunesmith a PM if you want to be added or taken off the list, following this text formatting: GAF Name = Game Center Name / iOS Device(s)
  • When adding someone, add From GAF to the friend request and your NeoGAF name as to easily tell who's who.
  • Send Dash Kappei or Tunesmith a PM if you are already on the list but want to update your profile with more info like iOS devices(s) owned, or to just change your existing GC profile.
  • We are on the list and, if you are too, it's OK to add us even if we're not best buddies; don't be shy: we enjoy having more GAFers challenging us on the friends leaderboards.
  • Don't just wait for others to add you first you should at least add some of the profiles posted above yours if you want to get the ball rolling... It's really up to you. Ideally the last member of the list will be the one to add the profiles above his, and so on and on with each new member. Or maybe just add whoever you like, that's also an option.
  • Remember: Your real name will be visible to your GC friends.
  • You can add everyone on the list at once; click the second sheet on the iOS Membership list and read the instructions, works on iOS and Macs
ibgtQNEI0Jnx7a.png

### The form to enter yourself to the list is here: quote to see ###

idg3hDZGrbbeF.png
How do I back up my game saves for games that do not support iCloud save games?
Use a file manager program such as i-FunBox (PC/Mac) - It's free and requires no jailbreak. i-FunBox has many different features, but to back up save games you would just want to do the following:
  • Click the iFunBox Classic tab
  • Connect your iOS device, via WiFi or USB, it should then appear in the Connected Devices list on the left side of the UI.
  • Under User Applications, navigate to the game you want to back up save games for.
  • Select the Documents and Library folders and copy them one at a time to your PC/Mac - this will copy the folders and all their contents. They contains your save files and settings for the game. Some games only use Documents, some use both.
To restore a backed up save game do the reverse.
  • Under User Applications, navigate to the game you want to restore save games for.
  • Select the Documents and/or Library folders and choose to copy from PC/Mac.
  • Navigate to where you saved the backed up Documents and/or Library folders on your PC/Mac, open them and select all the files within it and open them. This will copy the folder contents back onto your iOS device.
  • Restart/fully close the game itself and your saves should be back!
Check that the file structure of the game is retained, e.g. GameName > Documents > files after you're done (no Documents folder within the Documents folder!), otherwise the game will not recognize your restored saves!
How do I hide my Real Name on Game Center?
Your real first and last name (taken from your Apple ID) will be shown to your GC friends. If you value that information and want GAF's leaderboards to show your GAF nickname instead, here's how you do it:
  • Go to http://appleid.apple.com and log in with your Apple ID details via "Manage your Apple ID".
  • In the "Name, ID and Email Addresses" section, click Edit on the Your Name field at the top.
  • Change you First and Last name (you must enter both) to whatever you like (e.g. First Name: Tunesmith, Last Name: GAF)
Done, now that's who you're going to be listed as on your friend's Game Center leaderboards. This will affect Game Center *and* your Apple ID. If it's the same account you use for App Store/iTunes, you will still be able to use it for iTunes/App Store's purchases (you can still buy whatever you want like you could before) *BUT* in the receipt it'll show your nickname or whatever you chose as First Name and Last Name when you changed those fields. The first time you will use the modified account on App Store/iTunes, you will be asked to verify the account by re-entering the 3 digits code of the credit card's CCV security code (if you make your purchases using a credit card).
Should I buy this new high-priced game or wait for a sale?
Maybe! Just be aware that iOS games have a tendency to go on sale frequently and unpredictably, even recent games can be a dollar rather than premium $4-5. Spend your pack of gum money wisely. As a recommendation, set up a RSS feed for the price changes on http://appshopper.com/which will then notify you of any price fluctuations for old and new games alike.
I just got an iPhone/iPad. What are the best games?
In addition to checking out the past month's iOS Gaming threads, visit Why iOS Rocks / iOS Hidden Gems. You're welcome and your wallet will hurt.
For gaming, should I get the iPad Mini 2, or iPad Air?
Both have their pros and cons. The Mini 2 is cheaper and smaller but there is a slight difference between the Air's A7 chip and the mini's A7: the mini's is around 100MHz slower -- 1.3GHz compared to the Air's 1.4GHz. Other than that they're both identical in spec. It's very much a coin toss between if you want a 9.7" or a 7.9" screen.
I'm a new iOS user, what non-gaming apps should I get ASAP?
This thread would be a great place to start. Asking here wouldn't hurt either!

iizlxIqJuSAnx.png

Genuine thanks to our iOS Gaming community for keeping these monthly threads alive!
Special title thanks to The ChewyWaffles

Also special thanks to Tunesmith for his fantastic thread format and month after month of hard work in maintaining these threads
As well as to infiniteloop for the clever thread title suggestion

JCho133

TouchTone for Game of the Year.

No way you can pass it up. One of the most wholly unique experiences for a while.

The puzzles are some of the most devious, unique, challenging, original, and mind bending I've ever played.

The story is deep, intriguing, and thoughtful and keeps you extremely motivated to continue to plug along.

Wasn't really feeling Bean's Dream when it first released, but the content updates have really been great. Better than the first IMO now

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Yeah. The last one was less than a month ago. Stellar stuff.

IGN's Free Game of the Month: Telltale's Game of Thrones Episode 1:
http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/game-of-thrones-free

You beat me to it! We have a lot of copies to give away, but they are first come, first serve, and I anticipate we might actually run out this month. So jump on it, if you want one. And please spread the link around - we think this month's promo could make a big splash.

awp69

So Lost Voyage and Tiny Dangerous Dungeons are calling my name tonight.

Lost Voyage because it looks freaking bizarre and, well, why not for a buck?

Tiny Dangerous Dungeons because it looks like a Game Boy title and it's a Metroidvania style dungeon crawler. For a buck, how could I say no?

Seriously though, not much else is appealing to me in tonight's releases. And I recently picked up a PSTV with the sole intent of using it for PS4 streaming and instead found myself with a new money pit for cheap Vita games that work on it.

Urghh, gaming addictions can be costly.

just would rather play on other platforms, I'm seeing now the rather thin gaming experiences
I'm kinda in the same boat as well. It's why I don't follow these threads like I used to and instead will just take a peek on them from time to time. Which is weird since I just got a new phone and I usually like to test new tech with some games. Hopefully something really addicting will bring me back in soon.

Finally got around to checking Poco Eco. Now I value atmosphere and aesthetic. I like "walking simulators" and cresting a hill in a game to see a new vista is a reward in itself. Superb atmosphere and design can outweigh shallow gameplay. A few levels into Poco Eco, I can say that the gameplay definitely falls in the shallow category. You tap to move, activate switches, and generally just manipulate the environment to continue. There's little challenge. It's not complicated.

But Poco Eco's gameplay is more of a means to an end than the most crucial part of the game. And that end is leading you through its gorgeous environments. Low-poly colorful landscapes of speakers, temples, and totems. Add the awesome electronic soundtrack, and you find that Poco Eco is less a game and more visual experience, designed to reward with abstract places to traverse

awp69

Finally got around to checking Poco Eco. Now I value atmosphere and aesthetic. I like "walking simulators" and cresting a hill in a game to see a new vista is a reward in itself. Superb atmosphere and design can outweigh shallow gameplay. A few levels into Poco Eco, I can say that the gameplay definitely falls in the shallow category. You tap to move, activate switches, and generally just manipulate the environment to continue. There's little challenge. It's not complicated.

But Poco Eco's gameplay is more of a means to an end than the most crucial part of the game. And that end is leading you through its gorgeous environments. Low-poly colorful landscapes of speakers, temples, and totems. Add the awesome electronic soundtrack, and you find that Poco Eco is less a game and more visual experience, designed to reward with abstract places to traverse

Yes, just as in Monument Valley, the puzzles aren't complicated. It's just a wonderful journey and what I like most about, even more than the landscapes, is how the music plays a major role in the experience.

In the same vein, played some of Last Voyage and can tell that it will be very short. But if I paid $.99 for even 30-45 minutes of mesmerizing music and artistry, I'd take that over some Candy Crush crap any day. Last Voyage is much more abstract than MV or Paco Eco. It's still a game worth experiencing and a nice, soothing escape.

An awesome out-of-the-blue PC port! Tetrobot and Co is 12 hours of simple-to-control, but tricky and challenging puzzles. Really enjoyed it on PC, but it's the kind of game that always felt like it was made for touch

Check it out:
Tetrobot and Co. - https://appsto.re/us/wD2t3.i

decaf

AppSpy have put up a new viddy with the recently softlaunched Driver Speedboat Paradise. Bit sexist? Should Ubi turn it down a few notches for the worldwide release?

Got Arcane Tower a bit early, been playing it throughout the day. It feels like a definite evolution and improvement of the mechanics seen in Power Grounds and Amber Halls. A lone mage ascends floor-by-floor, each level filled with more numerous and dangerous enemies. Each one has its unique traits: spiders can root you to the spot for a few turns, ghosts can travel two spaces, etc.

But you have myriad options to gain the advantage. Similar to Power Grounds, you gain skills and buffs by bumping into tiles, from shields and point multiplayers and increased range to lightning, fire, and teleporting. You can only collect three tiles a floor so choose strategically and move carefully. By combining your knowledge of how enemies behave with the skills at your disposal, you can survive longer and deal with any threat.

Arcane Tower is challenging and it will punish you for using abilities frivolously and not planning ahead. I've only been able to make it to Floor 4 so far. There's also a Daily Challenge to play. If you like strategic roguelikes, definitely check this one out when it releases.

---

Question for Diego: I noticed that the pyro blast stacks and becomes a more powerful attack after collecting four. Do any other skills stack and improve like that?

diego

Neo Member
Got Arcane Tower a bit early, been playing it throughout the day. It feels like a definite evolution and improvement of the mechanics seen in Power Grounds and Amber Halls. A lone mage ascends floor-by-floor, each level filled with more numerous and dangerous enemies. Each one has its unique traits: spiders can root you to the spot for a few turns, ghosts can travel two spaces, etc.

But you have myriad options to gain the advantage. Similar to Power Grounds, you gain skills and buffs by bumping into tiles, from shields and point multiplayers and increased range to lightning, fire, and teleporting. You can only collect three tiles a floor so choose strategically and move carefully. By combining your knowledge of how enemies behave with the skills at your disposal, you can survive longer and deal with any threat.

Arcane Tower is challenging and it will punish you for using abilities frivolously and not planning ahead. I've only been able to make it to Floor 4 so far. There's also a Daily Challenge to play. If you like strategic roguelikes, definitely check this one out when it releases.

---

Question for Diego: I noticed that the pyro blast stacks and becomes a more powerful attack after collecting four. Do any other skills stack and improve like that?

Hey thanks for playing! Well first of all, I want to point out that the tower has 12 floors. If you play safe (don't get any bonus score and accumulate spells for later on), you should be able to reach the final levels pretty quickly.
Now, regarding your question, every spell has it's uniqueness. Fireball is the only one that gives you an additional spell (the spell does not change permanently, it just gives you another one, more powerful, for free). Keep in mind that some spells are more valuable early on, while some others are better later. There are many interesting combinations that help you achieve different kinds of goals. Experimenting is pretty important in this game.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Just got an iPad Air 2, my first ever tablet. I have had iPhones for a while and have some stuff I can DL to screw around with, but is there anything you guys would recommend that's iPad only or just far better on iPad?

Just got an iPad Air 2, my first ever tablet. I have had iPhones for a while and have some stuff I can DL to screw around with, but is there anything you guys would recommend that's iPad only or just far better on iPad?
Here's a bunch of iPad exclusive games:
- FTL
- Papers Please
- Zero Age
- Frozen Synapse
- Crabitron
- SpaceChem
- Splice
- Icewind Dale
- Crystal Siege HD
- Munin
- Space Hulk
- Blood Bowl
- Uplink
- Shadowfall Returns
- Shadowfall Dragonfall
- The Witcher Adventure Game
- Magick
- Blood & Laurels
- Democracy 3
- Avadon 2: The Corruption
- Avernum 6
- Avernum: Escape from The Pit
- Unstoppable Gorg
- Tactical Space Command
- Astronaut Spacewalk HD
- Leviathan: Warships

As for better on iPad:
- The Room games
- Year Walk
- Waking Mars
- World of Goo
- XCOM Enemy Within
- Shadowmatic
- Shapist
- Odd Bot Out
- Baldurs Gate
- Baldurs Gate II

So what is the impressions of civcrafter so far? I kinda like it but toucharcade is going wild about it so maybe I need to play more.

yarden24

You beat me to it! We have a lot of copies to give away, but they are first come, first serve, and I anticipate we might actually run out this month. So jump on it, if you want one. And please spread the link around - we think this month's promo could make a big splash.

Not available in my country :(

Quest Keeper got an update:

-Added ability to play in portrait mode
-Added ability to switch to top-down view (tap the cube in the upper-right corner to switch)
-Extra mystery chest distance points carry over to next chest
-"Disable ads" IAP button shows price/currency
-Various other bug-fixes

Changes that didn't make it into this update, but will appear in NEXT app update:
-"500 coins" IAP button will show price/currency
-gate buttons will be generated closer to gates
-'invisible laser' bug at end of 'throne room' quest will be fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom