• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ion Fury |OT|: Maiden Heaven!

eot

Banned
Wait there's controversy about this game on REE? About fucking what?

Also this game is fantastic, buy it now if you don't have it already people. If you're thinking about getting Wolfenstein Youngblood, don't get this instead.
Missing comma? :)

Steam reviews are overwhelmingly positive. And each era drone "transphobic devs review" is getting ridiculed and downvoted, lol

Now if only the developers did not start apologising and see that the leftist asylum inmates have no power over their sales or critical reception, we would all be in a better place.

It's frustrating but devs basically HAVE to apologize, at least in some small and hopefully insincere PR move. I don't hold it against them. I DO hold it against them if they either fire someone over bullshit like this or change the game in any way shape or fome, that's a terrible way to handle the situation. The most likely result is that the devs, publisher and fans are all happy with this game and this shit gets buried deep in sheer irrelevance along with other impotent screeching ResetERA tirades. It's obnoxious but luckily increasingly extraneous.

you are the best kind of nerd there is <3

Nah.

BA9ycgk.jpg

But, I hope that you're having a top weekend, mate (y). Happy days. Ion Fury is really great. Good times 🍺.
(Don't ask how much I paid for the sealed 1990s mouse. The temporary nostalgia hit was well worth the cost)

Last edited:
There's some curious little easter eggs you can find dotted around the game if you use noclip by the way. Noclipping out of the GDF base before the truck crashes into the base blast doors leaves you trapped in a weird unfinished version of the map, where everything rectangular is rendered as an scalene triangle, found this amusing little developer note on the other side of a car.

q9NehFi.jpg

Qelt2bA.jpg

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
Actually really enjoying the game. There is something intensely satisfying in the fast movement. The art is great and funny, the music reminds me of Prodigy’s first album. The game oozes personality and I love the old school exploration.

Crazy to think that I would have missed this game completely without the Era outrage. I mean, I had heard of the Iron Maiden thing but I somehow thought the game was a Resogun style shmup.

Now I fired up my gaming PC for the first time in years. I guess there is a method to the madness!

ad745a2c-5711-4167-acjkje.jpeg

Does the game have surround sound btw?

Actually really enjoying the game. There is something intensely satisfying in the fast movement. The art is great and funny, the music reminds me of Prodigy’s first album. The game oozes personality and I love the old school exploration.

Crazy to think that I would have missed this game completely without the Era outrage. I mean, I had heard of the Iron Maiden thing but I somehow thought the game was a Resogun style shmup.

Now I fired up my gaming PC for the first time in years. I guess there is a method to the madness!

Bruh do you live in 2040? Nice place.

Now I fired up my gaming PC for the first time in years. I guess there is a method to the madness!...

...Wait a second,

T2jZR6D.gif

I'm going to be the guy to ask the most important question that we're all wondering right here, right now:

Where do the game CDs go? How do you even install games? Are you a wizard? 🤔

(superlative setup, mate (y) )

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

I haven't even heard of this game until this thread. Looks amazing, that engine is iconic. Will have to wait for a console version.

Ah, the power of Ion Fury!

qXtjHYZ.png

And nope, it's just pure Stereo baby!

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I think review bombing anything is pathetic, but the process is open to abuse. Why should you even be able to review something you haven't even bought or used.

"this game is literally unplayable. Why is the protagonist not a black female dwarf, and why am I not shooting alt right white straight males?" is what you literally read in the Era thread.

It scares me there's so many crazy fuckers over there. Imagine how manyaniavs like them are out in the real world, twisting the reality to their mental illness

Chittagong

Gold Member
...Wait a second,

T2jZR6D.gif

I'm going to be the guy to ask the most important question that we're all wondering right here, right now:

Where do the game CDs go? How do you even install games? Are you a wizard? 🤔
(superlative setup, mate (y) )

Thanks 😂

All my consoles are virgin except PS4 Pro that had to receive di... disc for Farpoint VR, only way to get the light gun. Otherwise, have been all digital since Wii U. Haven’t actually seen my consoles in years, now that I think about it

Ivellios

I think review bombing anything is pathetic, but the process is open to abuse. Why should you even be able to review something you haven't even bought or used.

Steam has some kind of protection against review bomb no?

I do hope this game sells really well despite these people outrages , we need more games fun single player games like this

CSmath22

Banned
lulz, they got like 10 comments crying about 'transphobia' (it's not 'hateful' to point out parents deciding their children are tranny, at birth, are fucked in the head and shouldn't be parents.) And it made absolutely no dent (96% positive overall, 95% positive 'recently.') And if you visit the page itself, there isn't a single negative review displayed.

Last edited:
Some more noclip fuckery. Noclip through the bookcase in Heskel's office in "Institutionalized" and there's a Barbarella quote in the dark abyss, uttered by the evil scientist Durand Durand when he, and I shit you not, this is true, places the titular hero inside an organ that kills women by overloading them with sexual pleasure! A SEXUAL organ! I'm not making this shit up!

tO0Blib.jpg

Same level, if you noclip out of the elevator once the self destruct escape begins, you phase into a test room with what looks like wall texture mapping grids and for interactive objects, like this urinal.

BGxiUMU.jpg

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I hadn’t heard of this game prior to the made up “controversy”. After that I checked out this thread and the game looks like a lot of fun. I loved playing Duke back in the day. I’ll grab this for sure once it hits console.

Controversy = +1 sale here

GamingKaiju

This game wasn’t even on my radar. Looks really good.

I loved Duke back in the day will be adding this to my wish list. The outrage on Era totally makes this a purchase.

SantaC

It's beyond depressing, but there's a bright side to this which is surprisingly soothing and that is that this shit isn't flying. Their pathetic boycott campaigns largely don't work, most of the creativity in the industry just keeps trucking along. They tried with A Hat in Time (while they were still around here) and it didn't work, game was successful and cherished by the fans. They tried with Kingdom Come, same results. Now I'm very sure that the same will happen with Ion Fury. They're just manchildren powerlessly flapping around getting angrier and angrier that nobody is noticing. They're pathetic and don't deserve any attention besides being made fun of, but they can suck my dick and balls for continuously trying to ruin the career of people who have done far more in life than these retarded fucking lunatics could ever dream of.
Their THQN hate is so stupid, according to era they're mass murderers because two of their people posted on a messageboard once.

Their THQN hate is so stupid, according to era they're mass murderers because two of their people posted on a messageboard once.

Yeah it's ridiculous. And it doesn't matter what THQN does, their name and associates are scorched earth. For a supposedly gaming forum they do seem to love boycotting games/publishers/devs for just about any reason.

SantaC

This is the best FPS I have played in years. This one game, built in an old ass engine, makes a mockery of almost all AAA shooters from the past decade.
it makes me sad we never saw a proper duke nukem forever. Gearbox game was pretty average.

Last edited:

SantaC

Yeah it's ridiculous. And it doesn't matter what THQN does, their name and associates are scorched earth. For a supposedly gaming forum they do seem to love boycotting games/publishers/devs for just about any reason.
Exactly. Thankfully their boycotts seems as effective at that MW2 boycott back in the day.

This is the best FPS I have played in years. This one game, built in an old ass engine, makes a mockery of almost all AAA shooters from the past decade.
Yup. Pretty much everything post HL has lacked a...je ne sais quoi. Not that HL was bad mind but it was certainly the game to start the trend of first person shooters having story...story of all things! I know that sounds sarcastic but it's not. Anyway Ion Fury is good...no great...and anyone who hasn't played it yet should.

zeioIIDX

This game is so much fucking fun. In the first level, I got a chuckle out of the ATM spitting coins at me and robotically exclaiming "Shake it baby!". There are references all over the place to older games from that FPS era and I can't even express just how much Ion Fury makes me smile. I saw the "outrage" thread over at Reeeee and had to leave because it was just making me shake my head nonstop. Fucking echo chamber deluxe over there.

Oddly, i took the same pic...

ERjfVDA.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Reading the Era thread makes me sad that people can be such narrow minded and treat their mental disorder as "normal behavior"

Also, what the fuck on their censoring:
Screenshot-20190817-135159.jpg
It was the avatar. DB GT. Totally justified.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Bought the game on GOG. Even the main menu just feels so authentic. The start up, the character pics next to the difficulty screen... the fucking "Read Me!" option. It feels completely modern, but it's got that old soul.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Tempted to buy not only because it pisses off certain people but also because reviews are great.

How long is the game? The 3 hour stamp correct on howlongtobeat?

Yoda

I'm nearing the end (I think?) and the weapon variety is starting to gnaw at me. This game needed 2 or so more unique weapons, and more ammo drops for the SMG. I think a flamethrower would fit in nicely, also a fun weapon akin to the shrink ray from Duke3D.

Top Bottom