• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ion Fury |OT|: Maiden Heaven!

jadefire66

I played the first 3 levels and don't really get the level design praise. For me they were mostly confusing and annoying. The game also looks extremely ugly because of the lack of texture filtering - everywhere you look it's pixelated af. DUSK was way better both in terms of graphics and level design imo. That being said, the game is decent and the gunplay is pretty good, although I wish there weren't so many enemies in long range.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
I wasn’t interested in the very least but now seeing the forcibly manufactured outrage for the developer daring to use the S word, I feel compelled to do my fair share of outrage offsetting and buy this game.

Haven’t even booted my Titan X Pascal PC in two years lol

Smr6NOj.jpg

That’s better, rage moar!

I played the first 3 levels and don't really get the level design praise. For me they were mostly confusing and annoying. The game also looks extremely ugly because of the lack of texture filtering - everywhere you look it's pixelated af. DUSK was way better both in terms of graphics and level design imo.
I think this comes down to different strokes for different folks. The levels are supposed to be confusing and almost maze like, that's how shooters of the era were...which is great if that's what you're in to. Not so much if you're not. Equally the textures are supposed to be unfiltered, part of the style.

For people having trouble navigating some of the levels, make sure to kill every enemy you come across, once you trigger an event or find a keycard a breadcrumb trail of new enemies will spawn in guiding you to the next point of progression. The game has a clever way of telegraphing the way forward by giving you more fodder to mow down. Also for those mid-long range enemies, use the Loverboy's alt-fire, pinging your targets is great for small enemies and flying enemies as well. It's the swiss army knife of weapons! On the plus side, if you do get lost, use it as an oppurtunity to search for secret areas and get your arsenal and health back up!

Last edited:

AmaiMask

Banned
I'm seeing the outrage these Devs are getting for their "problematic" viewpoints on a Discord server. However, seeing how one of the Devs is responding is putting me off. What irritates me more than ResetEra and SJWs like them going after Devs for problematic viewpoints is said Devs capitulating and refusing to own up to their own words. If you're going to say something, stand by it. If these Devs are going to grovel to the outrage crowd then they deserve every last bit of ridicule & lost sales that they got. If you're upset by what ResetEra is doing then you should be more upset by the Devs bowing down to their outrage & trying to walk things back. Don't support them to spite the SJWs because they're bending the knee to them with that incredibly pathetic response.

Everytime Devs back down like this it further empowers the SJW mobs & their outrage culture. This is the reason why the gaming industry is as bad as it is now, because people don't stand their ground.

Never apologize or back down to the mob. Stand by your words.

Last edited:

Helios

For people having trouble navigating some of the levels, make sure to kill every enemy you come across, once you trigger an event or find a keycard a breadcrumb trail of new enemies will spawn in guiding you to the next point of progression.
There are also big shiny lights in front of the doors that require keycards.

The psychopaths at reee have started a smear campaign against the devs of being "exposed" taking the "problematic" stance of thinking its bad for parents to mutilate children's genitalia for thinking them transgender.

It's also been pointed out that its bad to label SJWs as bad and fascists any inference to this stance should be silenced.

The stupidity is spreading and the echo chamber grows louder.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
All I know about this game so far is that Resetera keeps shitting up /v/ with threads whining that the developers think "SJWs are nutjobs."

Oh no! And I was going to buy it too :(

What a bunch of wankers. Wouldn't it be nice if the devs replied by, I dunno, patching a prominent structure or building with a big 'esetera', sign across the front and have to bomb and shoot the fucking shit out of it with hundreds of burning bodies running screaming from it.

Absolute freaks that lot.

Dacon

Banned
Wait there's controversy about this game on REE? About fucking what?

Also this game is fantastic, buy it now if you don't have it already people. If you're thinking about getting Wolfenstein Youngblood, don't get this instead.

Last edited:
Bought this game because I love those 90's shooters and simply didn't even know this was coming out, however thanks to the signal boost from those lunatics they can score another sale from me.
And it's everything I would have expected and more, they should import the Redneck Rampage levels into this version of the engine.

Jesus just seen the thread, absolute nut jobs over there. And trying to get people fired as well.

People need to ignore these idiots. They’ve only got as much power as you give them.

There’s something weird about the trans community on Resetera, you get banned for anything that’s not 100% post modern theory. Or for sticking up for women, they really hate women over there.

This place splitting in two is like that episode of Red Dwarf with the good and bad ship.

Shotpun

The game most likely is not for me, I've never really been much of a fan of classic build engine shooters, but I did check out the soundtrack out of curiosity and now I've listened this like a hundred times since yesterday:

nush

Gold Member
It's just outrage for the sake of it, nobody really gives a fuck about what people say on discord.

Funny how Resetera bleached the private Discord when it was full of pro pedo talk and brushed it under the carpet. SJWs on Ree are fucking unhinged and crazy. +1 sale to support the devs.

I picked this up after watching the LGR review. Clint is a legend.

Confirmed: Ion Fury plays fantastically with my clicky IBM Model M keyboard and freshly unboxed 1990s Microsoft Intellimouse (wired with ball) :messenger_tears_of_joy: . I was playing Diablo 2 before but I think I'm going to spend the remainder of my weekend playing this instead. :messenger_beermugs:

Last edited:
I need another shooter that is as good as Ion Fury and scratches the itches of "believable mind mapping"(?) with satisfying head crunching and ammo juggling.

Except there are none.... The problems in this life...

Dunno if my Gateway can run this

Hi, this is Colin from Gateway technical support.

Thank you for your recent purchase of the fantastic Gateway 2000 4DX-33!

I'm very sorry that you are currently experiencing issues with the newly released game Ion Fury.

Please remember to press the Turbo button on your new Gateway PC to maximise its performance in demanding games such as this.

Step 1:

pzUPH0E.jpg

Step 2:

aKiSaqy.gif

We look forward to your future business!

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
This game is real dope but I keep dying on normal lol. Last night I almost put it on easy. Feel like I keep getting killed by offscreen enemies...

I need another shooter that is as good as Ion Fury and scratches the itches of "believable mind mapping"(?) with satisfying head crunching and ammo juggling.

Except there are none.... The problems in this life...
They might not have headshots but you really should check out DOOM(1993), Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior and Blood. The last 3 are referred to as the holy trinity of Build Engine games, Build being the same engine used in Ion Fury.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so what difficulty is everyone playing on? i can make it through but im dying a lot lol. maybe this is just so old school i forgot how much u die in those games...

also do enemies respawn? i feel like i take out everyone in a room, go into another room to do something, then i come back and some enemies are back. is this tied to difficulty? or they just coming out when i activate a hidden switch or whatever?

so what difficulty is everyone playing on? i can make it through but im dying a lot lol. maybe this is just so old school i forgot how much u die in those games...

also do enemies respawn? i feel like i take out everyone in a room, go into another room to do something, then i come back and some enemies are back. is this tied to difficulty? or they just coming out when i activate a hidden switch or whatever?

Wanton Carnage for me. And enemies spawn in once you trigger an event or acquire a keycard, mainly as a way to lead you to the next keycard door/event.

I'm playing on Ultra-Viscera. It's tough going but that's how I like my classic shooters.
As far as I can tell enemies don't respawn however there are triggers all over the place that cause more enemies to spawn. Picking up keycards, activating switches, entering rooms, etc.

Helios

Ultra Violence Viscera. Plenty of deaths but nothing too frustrating. Some of the enemies can get a tad annoying, though. You peak a corner and a grenade gets lobbed at your face and destroys all your armor. But there are usually enough pick-ups in the levels ,even if you don't look for secrets, to keep you going.

Ivellios

Duke Nukem was one of my favorite games back in the day, so i will definetely get this game.

Does it have coop?

The thread complaining about the devs views of SJWs is bigger than the OT over there lol.

This is because people here are actually enjoying and playing the game instead of complaining about what devs say on discord all day.

MiguelItUp

Really looking forward to getting this. Going to be doing it VERY soon.

Multiplayer will come some time after the release. Hopefully co-op will be part of it (since the majority of Build games had co-op as well).
This is what I was really curious about. Thanks!

I don't understand RE, at all. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the "big separation" that happened is the best thing that has happened to GAF IMO.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
The game most likely is not for me, I've never really been much of a fan of classic build engine shooters, but I did check out the soundtrack out of curiosity and now I've listened this like a hundred times since yesterday:

That's pretty great. Is that representative of the whole soundtrack? Cuz, as weird as it sounds, a good soundtrack would make starting this game now like 100x more appealing.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I picked this up after watching the LGR review. Clint is a legend.

Confirmed: Ion Fury plays fantastically with my clicky IBM Model M keyboard and freshly unboxed 1990s Microsoft Intellimouse (wired with ball) :messenger_tears_of_joy: . I was playing Diablo 2 before but I think I'm going to spend the remainder of my weekend playing this instead. :messenger_beermugs:
you are the best kind of nerd there is <3

Wow, that resetera thread is... something else.

It's beyond depressing, but there's a bright side to this which is surprisingly soothing and that is that this shit isn't flying. Their pathetic boycott campaigns largely don't work, most of the creativity in the industry just keeps trucking along. They tried with A Hat in Time (while they were still around here) and it didn't work, game was successful and cherished by the fans. They tried with Kingdom Come, same results. Now I'm very sure that the same will happen with Ion Fury. They're just manchildren powerlessly flapping around getting angrier and angrier that nobody is noticing. They're pathetic and don't deserve any attention besides being made fun of, but they can suck my dick and balls for continuously trying to ruin the career of people who have done far more in life than these retarded fucking lunatics could ever dream of.

Ivory Blood

It's beyond depressing, but there's a bright side to this which is surprisingly soothing and that is that this shit isn't flying. Their pathetic boycott campaigns largely don't work, most of the creativity in the industry just keeps trucking along. They tried with A Hat in Time (while they were still around here) and it didn't work, game was successful and cherished by the fans. They tried with Kingdom Come, same results. Now I'm very sure that the same will happen with Ion Fury. They're just manchildren powerlessly flapping around getting angrier and angrier that nobody is noticing. They're pathetic and don't deserve any attention besides being made fun of, but they can suck my dick and balls for continuously trying to ruin the career of people who have done far more in life than these retarded fucking lunatics could ever dream of.
Steam reviews are overwhelmingly positive. And each era drone "transphobic devs review" is getting ridiculed and downvoted, lol

Now if only the developers did not start apologising and see that the leftist asylum inmates have no power over their sales or critical reception, we would all be in a better place.

Last edited:
Here's a bunch of cheat codes to enter in the options menu on the main menu. You can activate them when starting a new gamer or chapter by going into the in-game options menu.

IMGOD = Toggle God Mode
IMFREE = Toggle Clipping
IMLOST = Toggle Show All Map
IMD4N = Toggle God Mode + Everything
IMAFK = Give Everything
IMREALBUILDER = Toggle Debug Data

Last edited:

Shotpun

That's pretty great. Is that representative of the whole soundtrack? Cuz, as weird as it sounds, a good soundtrack would make starting this game now like 100x more appealing.

That's something you need to deside for yourself, the full soundtrack is right there. That one I posted and one other are the ones I've listened numerous times, the others didn't stuck to my mind as tightly but I haven't actually played the game so can't say anything on how good they sound while playing. In all likelihood pretty great considering the comments here and both John from DF and LGR praised the soundtrack on their videos.

Top Bottom