• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ion Fury for PS4, Xbox One, and Switch launches May 14

Mista

Banned

The PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch versions of first-person shooter Ion Fury will launch digitally on May 14, publishers 3D Realms and 1C Entertainment announced. A physical edition will launch worldwide on June 26. It will support English, French, German, Russian, and Spanish language options.

Pre-orders for the digital edition will open on May 1 for Xbox One at a 15 percent discount, bringing the price down to $21.24 / €21.24 / £16.99, and on May 7 for Switch with the same discount.

The physical edition will be available via the game’s official website worldwide, as well as at retail in Europe and Australia on PlayStation 4 for €24.99 / £19.99 and Switch for €29.99 / £24.99.

3D Realms CEO Mike Nielsen in a press release:
We wanted to make sure the gory fun from the PC version felt just as great on consoles. We never thought we would see the day where we could use the Build engine on modern consoles, but we think our players will enjoy the efforts of Voidpoint and General Arcade’s fantastic work.
Gematsu

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Already secured my pre-order a few weeks ago. I'm hyped. I have a softspot for all these shameless clones and 90s-revival shooters. Strafe. Ion Fury. Dusk. Mothergunship. Ziggurat. Immortal Redneck. And more to come like Prodeus. Some have retro graphics, others are just simpler 3D, but I lump them all together.

Gimme more.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
This game is a fucking masterpiece - honestly, the best FPS I've played in years. I'm not the biggest fan of old-school shooters, so that's hardly the appeal for me here. What DOES appeal to me is this game's fantastic level design, satisfying gunplay and movement, and great music. 100% worth buying.

Mochilador

source.gif

Reactions: Isa

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
In an alternate universe I'd be really excited to finally play this, but Voidpoint had to go and show their ass last year. What a shame.

McCheese

In an alternate universe I'd be really excited to finally play this, but Voidpoint had to go and show their ass last year. What a shame.

Voidpoint, after a few days of drama and review-bombing, retracted their apology, patched the "offensive" content back into the game and told the social justice lynch mob to go fuck themselves. Which ultimately set a pretty decent precedent of how to deal with those folks, don't give an inch and eventually they get bored and move onto someone who will cave into their stupid demands.

Curious about the console releases, pretty sure Sony wouldn't allow a "fag" joke - so I wonder if it'll kick off again. I suspect most folks don't care at this point, they just didn't want to see resetera get their way. I will be picking up the PS4 version for sure, and maybe the Switch version if it's a good port.

Last edited:

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
If for whatever reason anyone has not played this on PC - get it for whatever console you have.
It's just that good.

Codswallop_

Neophyte
Anybody playing this? Decided to check it out on ps4 after the latest shampoo drama.

There are some pretty major issues that need to be addressed, but overall I'm still having a blast 3-4 hours in. The action is fast paced and rarely lets up, and liking the overall look and style. The levels are much larger than I remember them being in Duke, took me two hours to clear the first zone and I missed most of the secrets.

On to the stuff that need patching ASAP:

- There should be a button mapping option. There are different configs you can choose from but they all have weapon swap mapped to the d-pad. Can be frustrating trying to cycle through weapons in the middle of a battle

- The framerate stutters pretty frequently

- There is this annoying glitch where your character will randomly do a 180 and face the other way in the middle of a fight. Got killed a few times because of that.

There is supposedly a patch coming soon to fix that stuff at least.

Haven't come across the hateful and disgusting OGAY shampoo bottle yet, but if you actually play the game you can see how it fits with the rest of the 90s toilet humour.

EYYEHK2WAAALIf1.jpg

EYZzl57WkAAqaRQ.jpg

EYZ0mo3WoAEIqWQ.jpg

EYaC529WAAIPjlI.jpg

EYZ3ocHWkAg8pJZ.jpg

Azurro

Banned

I've read the discord comments and about their jokes in the game. You have to be a little insane to think there's anything super controversial about that, but then the world is a pretty insane place right now.

I'll see if I can buy the game and give a bit of support.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
Haven't come across the hateful and disgusting OGAY shampoo bottle yet, but if you actually play the game you can see how it fits with the rest of the 90s toilet humour.
It's pretty easy to find in that mall area. Did they take it out of the game for console versions?

Orta

Banned
Turd-o-rama, how delightfully juvenile :messenger_beaming:

Devs should have patched something like this in just for the ResetEra reaction too....

mr-brains.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom