• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InXile working on a Steampunk RPG codebamed Cobalt

Source https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-studios-cobalt-indus

"What we do know is that it's codenamed Cobalt, and believe it has a Steampunk-style, inspired by Industrial Revolution-inspired tech. Expect steam engines, zeppelins, retro-futuristic robots, dark Victorian-era streets, and more. The above concept art was shared by inXile concept artist Aleksander Danilovac on ArtStation, and we have reason to believe this is representative of the environmental style inXile is gunning to deliver. Venture Beat editor, Jeff Grubb, previously stated that inXile's next game could be targeting a 2023 release."

Apperently this is the previously rumored FPS RPG back in June.

Last edited:

Isa

This is cool news. I really enjoyed my time with Wasteland 3 and look forward to starting another playthrough when the next dlc hits. InXile are quite talented, I hope they get proper support and can up their game. The setting immediately brought to mind Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura for me lol. It'd be cool to see a more unique setting in an fps rpg.

I know with inexile the story will be well written and options will be numerous. Hope the gameplay and gunplay is good tho cause that’s not in their wheel house.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
A few months ago, my buddy and I were at a bar in Tustin. After a few drinks, we were stumbling outside and saw a large office building in front of us. The word "InXile" was on the front. I laughed and told my friend "Man, look at this dumb ass company name. InXile. What a dumb name." My friend laughed and was like "Yeah, that's super dumb. That's gotta be a video game company."

Looks like he was right lol

A few months ago, my buddy and I were at a bar in Tustin. After a few drinks, we were stumbling outside and saw a large office building in front of us. The word "InXile" was on the front. I laughed and told my friend "Man, look at this dumb ass company name. InXile. What a dumb name." My friend laughed and was like "Yeah, that's super dumb. That's gotta be a video game company."

OTlbEL9.gif

Interfectum

bitch slap GIF

Plantoid

I mean, it's inxile, they have proven themselves, but being a fps is something they aren't used to, I hope M$ money helps them

GHG

Gold Member
I've never played any of them. Is it worth going from 1 to current for the story and immersion?

No.

Jump straight in to 3 if you want the most polished experience. Then if you love it maybe try 2.

1 and 2 are jankfests by modern standards and require patience.

Havoc2049

No.

Jump straight in to 3 if you want the most polished experience. Then if you love it maybe try 2.

1 and 2 are jankfests by modern standards and require patience.
This is probably the best advice. The original Wasteland came out on the Apple II and C64. The remaster of OG Wasteland is pretty slick and added a bunch of QOL features, voiced cut scenes and achievements, but if you aren't down with 1980/90's crpg game design (open world with zero hand holding), you may not like it.

One cool thing about Gamepass, is you have access to all the Bard's Tale and Wasteland games. Between InXile, Obsidian and Bethesda, Gamepass is like a CRPG museum of classics.

Neilg

Last edited:

Neilg

I am not them. Why you asking me doofus?

i'm not asking you, i quoted your post because you quoted the article.
'what reasons do they have' was rhetorical, there's absolutely no reason whatsoever that this new employee's past student work is in any way indicative of what they're currently making.

i'm not asking you, i quoted your post because you quoted the article.
'what reasons do they have' was rhetorical, there's absolutely no reason whatsoever that this new employee's past student work is in any way indicative of what they're currently making.
Ahh gotcha, my bad.

Top Bottom