• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Invite-Only Lobbies in GTA Online (Finally) Deliver a Single-Player GTA V Experience

Bluecondor

Like many people on GAF, I was/am disappointed that Rockstar never released any single-player DLC for GTA V. The recent Criminal Enterprises update for GTA: Online introduced a small change that has (in my opinion) finally made GTA: Online a viable single-player game.

I tried GTA: Online back in 2017 when I first got my PS4 (after having played the single-player campaign for GTA V on the PS3). Back then, the major content in GTA: O had to be played in public lobbies. This made it very difficult to play GTA: Online as a single-player experience. I gave it a serious try using various tricks to force myself into solo public lobbies, but it was a real hassle. I had given up playing GTA: Online since then.

With the Criminal Enterprises update, nearly all of the content in GTA: Online (missions, businesses, etc.) can be played solo in Invite-Only lobbies. GTA: Online is like a whole new game for me. I had already grinded for a CEO office, a warehouse and a nice attack helicopter (Buzzard) back in 2017 by stealing/selling Sentinels and playing CEO missions over and over again. Now, there are a number of missions, etc. that generate $50,000 or so in cash. In just a few weeks, this has allowed me to buy a motorcycle club, a gun-running bunker, an Agency (for contracts and payphone hits from Franklin and Dr. Dre's mission), and a nightclub (which itself generates $50,000 per in-game day and is a front for several of your other criminal businesses.). The update also added a worker in the warehouse (Lupe) who grinds 1-3 crates per in-game day and workers in the the nightclub who grind crates for your businesses. Unlike back in 2017, you now have a lot of options as a solo player for making money and playing various missions and activities.

Is anyone else enjoying (or not enjoying) the upgraded single-player experience in Invite-Only lobbies in GTA: Online?

Last edited:

k1m1d4n

Thanks for the heads-up. I had no idea this was an option.
I stopped playing GTA:O because it became so boring. Messing with the internet options to play solo online, leaving the character for days sitting in the couch watching TV, doing the same missions over and over again just to grind those extra millions to setup new businesses just to be able to try the new missions... 😵‍💫

NinjaBoiX

I tried it again when the XSX version came out, but I still can’t work out what you’re supposed to do! Phone pings with a message, head to prompt, join an empty game, leave, get bored, meh…

I feel like I’m doing something fundamentally wrong, lol.

Aenima

Thanks for the heads-up. I had no idea this was an option.
I stopped playing GTA:O because it became so boring. Messing with the internet options to play solo online, leaving the character for days sitting in the couch watching TV, doing the same missions over and over again just to grind those extra millions to setup new businesses just to be able to try the new missions... 😵‍💫
Get the submarine for the Cayo Perico heist. You can do the heist solo and it pays around 1.5 million. Once ur familiar with the preparation objectives you can do a full run solo in around 1 hour. The heist was also my favorite content of the GTA Online as you can do the heist in many diferent ways. Felt a bit like playing MGS5.

Already droped the game cuz got bored to play solo and the online is just a warzone. What i wanted was servers dedicated to co-op where players cold not kill eachother and make the game feel more like role play instead of a battle royale. Hopefully something they will add in GTA6.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I still haven't finished the main missions but thanks this sounds like a ton more missions that would be fun after, and the online part doesn't interest me at all.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Yup.

I was doing the solo public lobby trick and it works...but sometimes ppl can still get in. That made doing vehicle source missions wild because for some reason cars could catch on fire for no reason. Heard it was a thing for R* to stop some car glitch method.

Now you can do everything business related in invite only. I finally filled up my vehicle warehouse because of invite only.

I tried it again when the XSX version came out, but I still can’t work out what you’re supposed to do! Phone pings with a message, head to prompt, join an empty game, leave, get bored, meh…

I feel like I’m doing something fundamentally wrong, lol.

Those pings sound like you've been driving past the contact mission points and accepted the random mission it'll generate. Most of those contact missions require more than 1 person and have bad payouts = no on else joins.

Races still pretty fun to do from time to time.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Good GIF

I'm going to enjoy playing GTA:O again.

Top Bottom