• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing VENN, new TV network for video games ala G4

softwarepagan

Neo Member
Sorry, YouTube is better for games now... You can get 4k60 on it, TV no.
There's nothing like G4 on YouTube right now. TV isn't just "content." I'd rather not just poke around for short videos on YouTube or streams on Twitch. With TV you can just get blocks of programming without having to worry about choosing short videos. I don't understand how people think this is a good substitute for TV.

Compsiox

Banned
From the new trailer:

"Get started on your fitness journey"

Cool perpetuating the idea that gamers are fat and unhealthy on a gamer centered channel. I hope this crashes and burns.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
G4 sucked, TechTV was where it was at. Screensavers and Call for Help were so good, Cinematech and that other one with docs about game industry topics were also pretty decent watches. Xplay was a review show so you watched it but I also watched EP back in the day, you didn't have a lot of options for that kind of stuff like you do now.

Unscrewed with Martin Sargent was my favourite by a mile, such a crazy awesome show.

softwarepagan

Neo Member
Honestly, as soon as I learned G4 was coming back, my interest in VENN dropped dramatically. However, more gaming on TV is a good thing and I'll support both for the time being.

Esca

I'm all for it. It will be good background for when doing other things. I do that with GameSpot steam channel.

Top Bottom