• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing the new PlayStation App, redesigned to enhance your gaming experiences on PS4 and PS5

scalman

nice looking , new options for PS5 only allready ready.
qUtHQ81.jpg

ROVndhL.jpg

MrS

Banned
it's a slick app, no doubt about it. been using it all day for messaging and it's much better than what we had before

I tried this also, and won't allow me to log in to the Playstation network.

I'm in Canada.

Maybe Sony is enforcing logins only in the areas the app has gone live.

Staggered roll-out is my guess.
Ah, OK. Makes sense then. Why it lets me log in but not actually found in the Play Store is anyones guess.

Banned
well finally an app that isn't absolutely terrible it seems.
it's basically a copy of the Xbox App, which is a good thing.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It’s like 1000000 x better! Love it love it love it!!.

Xbox took my store away where as Sony made they’re so a hell of slot better!

Shmunter

No need to have it. The old app still had the old store, treasure it. This new one uses the new store. Rip usability

Ataraxia

The update just appeared in the Google Play Store for me. Awesome update. I love the clean look of my game library.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Has the ability to pick up screen shots from activities gone? I found a reddit post but it had no answers. Have they actually removed the best feature?

yewles1

Update: I had to reset my phone to get the update available on Google play store, anyone else have this problem?

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

timmyp53

I quite like the app. All we need is a little improvement on store searching and sorting for it and desktop and we should be set.

Shmunter

That does not work for me.

And checking the store via my PC Browser or via the Store on my phone, it's still the older version.

I've repeatedly uninstalled the app, and re-installed, but it's still version 19.15.0, instead of the newer 20.9.3 version and my phone is Android 8.0 meeting the Android 6.0 and above requirement.

Also downloading the APK, and installing that, won't allow me to login into the Playstation network. Seems they are limiting logins by region also.

The app is much smaller than before, and so I think that this is probably a major rewrite, so it's a bit feature bare right now, as like the new Playstation store. Hopefully more features like a new wishlist is coming soon.
Consider yourself lucky

Fake

No need to have it. The old app still had the old store, treasure it. This new one uses the new store. Rip usability

Indeed. The new store is a piece of shit. A huge downgrade from the original. IDK what they're thinking. Hope they stay far alway from my PS4 store.

wvnative

what the fuck I'm in NC on android and still no update on the app and it still shows as version 19 on the playstore...

Restarted my phone and everything...

CyberChulo

Can anyone rotate the pictures sent to them in messages on the Android phone? I can't zoom in or rotate within the app. Only download the photo.

SilentUser

The new APP is a huge, huge upgrade. Much faster and fluid, makes everything easier and integrated in a single app, just like it should be from the very start.

Thabass

Man, I wish this app would have the sharing features Xbox's app has. That's a game changer for me who shares a lot.

However, what we have is still pretty great. A much better overall feel and much faster and fluid than the original app. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Overall a huge improvement! I’m Not a fan of the back button and the lack of transitions when swiping between pages, but I don’t really have any other complaints. I think we’ll see features like the wish list return in time.

Top Bottom