• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing the new PlayStation App, redesigned to enhance your gaming experiences on PS4 and PS5

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Hopefully this and the new Xbox app live up to expectations.

You’d think I’d be doing most of my game purchasing and such on my phone, but these apps are such bad experiences, I genuinely would rather turn on the console, complete with controller text entry, and do it there.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Connect. Discover. Control. Chat with friends, get the latest gaming news, and download games to your PS4 or PS5™ console via the official PlayStation companion app.

Find out more:

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

TimFL

Hopefully this and the new Xbox app live up to expectations.

You’d think I’d be doing most of my game purchasing and such on my phone, but these apps are such bad experiences, I genuinely would rather turn on the console, complete with controller text entry, and do it there.
The new Xbox app is a trainwreck. They cut like 3/4th of the old apps functionality. It‘s borderline useless for most people now.

I hope this at least goes for feature parity first and foremost.

vkbest

Is this released? My iPad app is identical to before. In fact the last update is from 7 months ago

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Seems like a good improvement over the previous shit one.

But not available to download for me, latest available version is from March.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Still have the old one here, hoping the new one is good and fully native, Sony leaned on webviews too much in the 8th gen

TimFL

For anyone wondering regarding update not showing up: Both the App Store and Play Store support staggered rollouts. Could be that Sony goes the smart route and only ships this to a handful of users at a time, to prevent their servers from going sudoku or any game breakers ruining the show.

R6Rider

Gold Member
For anyone wondering regarding update not showing up: Both the App Store and Play Store support staggered rollouts. Could be that Sony goes the smart route and only ships this to a handful of users at a time, to prevent their servers from going sudoku or any game breakers ruining the show.

Should have rolled it out ahead of time instead of the new trailer for it stating "Available Now"

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:
I like it a lot better than the previous version. A lot of my games are missing under the purchased tab though, and my Miles Morales pre-order shows standard edition instead of ultimate.

Inviusx

I want to be able to view my captured screenshots and videos through the app. Until that happens I dont really care.

Karmic Raze

I can’t edit my profile or go into settings. It just keeps sayings connection to the server was lost. Also, with the way this is set up, does this mean profile pics/avatars on PS5 will be circular instead of square now?

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned
I can’t edit my profile or go into settings. It just keeps sayings connection to the server was lost. Also, with the way this is set up, does this mean profile pics/avatars on PS5 will be circular instead of square now?
Working for me just fine. Try again in a bit.

ReLaxative

Neo Member
Well if it's anything like the new PlayStation store (on mobile/PC browser), it should be crap, but I think we are looking at an early roll-out with features to be added later. I hope!

The guy at Sony that decided to not integrate the Wishlist in the new store day 1 should be fired.

I'm pretty sure they will add essential features soon. But forget the wishlist, I need the search to work properly. What's the point in having wishlist if you can't find the game you want to wishlist :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Fake

Brazil here. I got my update yesterday. I like the UI, but the Playstation Store is a mess.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
It is updated 15 hours ago on iOS.

The PS Store now is in-app and really easy and good now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom