• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing: NeoGAF Gold

Don’t mess with this guys gold

giphy.gif

Nymphae

Banned
Why is this not pinned?

And this username shit is really spooky and confuses the heck out of me.

9 times out of 10, people used an @ before a username to tag someone when talking about them. It's pretty obvious when there's no tag and you're being spoken about by people you never conversed with.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
[vis_name][/vis_name], you should not have Gold, nor should you remain blue.

Guess who you are?

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
A bb code tag that only serves to troll people with a joke that got old before it was made.... why?

It was made so that we could add a personalized touch to these announcements. Rather than saying "Hey you" we wanted to be able to say "Hey [vis_name][/vis_name]".

GAFers do what GAFers do, and ran with it.

Kadayi

Banned
For anyone looking to make profile covers the max dimensions are 2500x1500 pixels, and you want to tailor your images to sit towards the right to avoid the bulk of your profile text.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
A bb code tag that only serves to troll people with a joke that got old before it was made.... why?
[vis_name][/vis_name], you are the textbook definition of
nLOCdfz.png

Loosen up a little, contribute to GAF, make this a place you would want to visit, rather than to complain. :)

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I just upgraded to the new Platinum exclusive club.

Catphish

I almost pulled the trigger on the 1-year plan, twice now, but I don't like the idea of a reoccurring sub. It kinda strikes me as shady, if I'm being honest.

I'd rather there be an option for a one-and-done purchase. When it's close to expiring, have the system send me a PM, and I'll re-up if I want to. I have too many other recurring charges. I don't want another one.

I almost pulled the trigger on the 1-year plan, twice now, but I don't like the idea of a reoccurring sub. It kinda strikes me as shady, if I'm being honest.

I'd rather there be an option for a one-and-done purchase. When it's close to expiring, have the system send me a PM, and I'll re-up if I want to. I have too many other recurring charges. I don't want another one.
It’s a valid suggestion. If you don’t get a response, ask the staff.

Or use the discord. I’m sure they’d be happy to answer you.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member

When you "Cancel" your subscription, the remainder of your subscription you've already paid for continues. This is in the FAQs.

So you could purchase the annual plan, then cancelling it should cancel any future billing while also allowing you to keep the Gold subscription you paid for.

We are working on gift subscriptions, which kinda sounds like what you want, but that functionality isn't quite ready yet. Hope this info helps!

highrider

Banned
Man, I’ve gotta ball out with the gold, but I’m going to wait until the new year. Plus I got Christmas and my son’s birthday in the same week, I’m Billy Busted.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
It was made so that we could add a personalized touch to these announcements. Rather than saying "Hey you" we wanted to be able to say "Hey [vis_name][/vis_name]".

GAFers do what GAFers do, and ran with it.
Maybe it should be a staff-only feature? It's funny now, but people will certainly abuse it in the future.

Papa

Banned
When you "Cancel" your subscription, the remainder of your subscription you've already paid for continues. This is in the FAQs.

So you could purchase the annual plan, then cancelling it should cancel any future billing while also allowing you to keep the Gold subscription you paid for.

We are working on gift subscriptions, which kinda sounds like what you want, but that functionality isn't quite ready yet. Hope this info helps!

GAF Gold Gifting? You'll be opening Pandora's Box there, guys. Just wait until GGG becomes the currency of the like economy.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Totally reasonable concerns. Just to clarify further, one of the reasons we're using Stripe here is that it makes subscription management as clear and direct as possible. If you'd like a non-recurring annual Gold sub, the process is:

1) Go to https://www.neogaf.com/account/upgrades and choose NeoGAF Annual. On the pop-in field, pay for it.
2) Refresh https://www.neogaf.com/account/upgrades and select cancel. On the pop-in field, confirm via large Cancel button.

xdCsQ3D.jpg

Done.

You'll still get the 12 months of Gold paid for and it won't recur. Equivalent with the monthly option. It's not like Paypal where you may need to go to Paypal's site afterwards, find the sub, and follow their cancellation procedures, etc. Just two clicks.

As Palliasso Palliasso mentioned, we're going to get giftable subs up soon after we test it extensively and make sure everything is bulletproof, so that will function as as non-recurring sub option without the steps above. We had that in mind when we set up the initial options.

Hope that helps. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Makariel

What would I have used it on previously?
Don't know your credit card history, hence I can't tell. Stripe is not "in your face" like paypal is, and acts more in the background. If/when you pay for NeoGaf Gold you'd probably not even notice stripe is there, you type in your card info into a box that looks pretty much like the rest of the site and stripe handles the rest. According to this wired article about 65% of UK internet users used stripe at some point, very likely without even knowing (not sure where the number is from, likely from stripe ;)).

Jay_TCE

Neo Member
I would go Gold if I could but I'm already subbed to so many services and websites already + college. Maybe soon but definitely not now.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
This is the forum version of getting my first GSM phone and everyone going “HOLY SHIT how did you know I was calling?!”

I implemented something similar in a phpbb board years ago, but back on the phone thing, you've just reminded me of how back in the day ICQ had a feature where you could SMS people and set the from number to anything you like. I had fun with that. I miss it :(

manfestival

I would consider getting a gold membership if I was promised a really cool user tag cause I have been neglected by mods all these years and bans later.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
This is why [vis_name][/vis_name] is the most incompetent member of this forum.

This is probably pretty accurate since I have no idea what I did or what is going on but I think it has to do with something with the underscore in my username?

Top Bottom