• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intervention: Microsoft GAF, you're out of control

RGB'D

I love that this thread was started as a rallying cry for equal treatment from SONYGAF. Instead it's been a look into how much they have sucked over the years and it's literally everyone else (Console Agnostics, XBox GAF , NintenBros, PCMR and even some of the more reasonable SONY brethren) that feel that way.

If anything, let this be an intervention to all that
this forum is at its best when people are having conversation and objective (even about their preferred brand). The rampant fanatacism some have portrayed sucks and is annoying for everyone.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Even though I am gonna go PS5+PC next gen just like this gen PS4+PC (will wait for the fan noise report of the PS5 obese version though, if not good will wait for the slim ver), watching fanboys meltdowns has been more exciting and interesting than the next gen consoles these past few days.

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Even though I am gonna going PS5+PC next gen just like this gen PS4+PC (will wait for the fan noise report of the PS5 obese version though, if not good will wait for the slim ver), watching fanboys meltdowns has been more exciting and interesting than the next gen consoles these past few days.
Exactly, those of us who are platform agnostic are loving this right now.

lock2k

Banned
Exactly, those of us who are platform agnostic are loving this right now.

Yeah, it's fun to watch the meltdowns. I've been rotating platforms since ever (now I'm playing more PC) but in the last two generations there were times where I owned all consoles and I had fun with a lot of different exclusives and stuff. Fanboys are like insufferable fans of cool bands (Tool, Radiohead, etc) - I do like the bands but the fans are such a turn off, they think these bands are the holy grail or some shit and it's always fun to see them suffering. lol

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Yeah, it's fun to watch the meltdowns. I've been rotating platforms since ever (now I'm playing more PC) but in the last two generations there were times where I owned all consoles and I had fun with a lot of different exclusives and stuff. Fanboys are like insufferable fans of cool bands (Tool, Radiohead, etc) - I do like the bands but the fans are such a turn off, they think these bands are the holy grail or some shit and it's always fun to see them suffering. lol
I played PS4 all this generation up until about six months ago when I built my wife a PC and we moved over to that. Being on PC again has been such an enjoyable experience, and its been fun playing all the games that don't come to console, or run like shit on console (lots of survival stuff, and Tarkov).

I haven't turned my PS4 on at all in six months. Sony just has no games that interest me, and other than bloodborne and HZD I only played multiplats like pubg on my ps4. I have zero interest in either the XboxSEX or PS5. That may change if Sony can show me some games in 2021 or 2022 that are worth getting. I am building a new PC this christmas that will destroy both consoles in every area so yeah...Don't need that Xbox either since they put all their stuff on gamepass. Have I mentioned I love MS and their PC Gamepass?!?!

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
I played PS4 all this generation up until about six months ago when I built my wife a PC and we moved over to that. Being on PC again has been such an enjoyable experience, and its been fun playing all the games that don't come to console, or run like shit on console (lots of survival stuff, and Tarkov).

I haven't turned my PS4 on at all in six months. Sony just has no games that interest me, and other than bloodborne and HZD I only played multiplats like pubg on my ps4. I have zero interest in either the XboxSEX or PS5. That may change if Sony can show me some games in 2021 or 2022 that are worth getting. I am building a new PC this christmas that will destroy both consoles in every area so yeah...Don't need that Xbox either since they put all their stuff on gamepass. Have I mentioned I love MS and their PC Gamepass?!?!

I'm having a blast on PC as well, and mine isn't even a great PC, it has an onboard video card but it's doing the job for me for the type of games I want (lots of fighting, puzzle, arcade racers, platformers, etc) - and I'm also revisiting a lot of stuff though emulation. It's such a cool platform that I can endlessly customize, I really enjoy it. But I'm always open to different platforms and I'll play whatever console I can get my hands into (in the past it was easier because I had way more disposable income) but it's really cool. Having gamepass on PC is also really good.

Ellery

We are post modernism now and whoever screams the most/loudest thinks they have won. Next week/month it will be Sony again shitting on Microsoft.

The real tragedy is that whatever people are fighting for is misguided at best and a victory means absolutely nothing. Everyone loses except for those that game and don't participate in the screaming.

ClosBSAS

really op? have you seen the sony fans? how they react and berate everyone cause they think their games are the second coming of jesuit of nazareth? come on.

O-N-E

It wasn't a problem with the Craig memes but now it's outta control?

Memes are great, but there's a ton of posts all throughout about Sony fans and their tears or about how sweet this revenge is. Also the hysteria from professional panickers ("SONY HAS TO LOWER THE PRICE OMGGGGGggg...")

It feels petty and slimy. It's just unpleasant to witness adults behave like undisciplined children because their favoured corporate giant brand's feelings got hurt first.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
kmPq6LS.jpg
Series X is harder to find but generally yes they are still amazing available as of 24/9 @ 15:10
SoEqpPW.jpg

EpXxlng.jpg

Last edited:

TGO

These sorry motherfuckers have been at the bottom of the barrel for 7 years. Cut them some slack and let them have their 5 mins of fame ffs.
I generally agree but when it comes to delusions of grandeur it can be dangerous
And they have definitely crossed that threshold😉

PresetError

Neophyte
This thread so far has been a shower of shit for me but i'm still glad I opened it because it's coherent with the way I conduct myself. Lots of "but Sony fans deserve it" like we all were a hive mind without face and a common past but I'm still waiting for someone denying the increase in toxicity the last few days. That's good. It means at least we're all in the same page about what's happening right now on GAF.

If this thread has managed to convince a single Microsoft or anti-Sony fan to tone down the level of aggressivity i'm satisfied with it. If not, at least I tried.

Overly long post incoming.

Here's my take on this generation and the problem I've got with the treatment different companies get by the press, you tubers and fanboys across agenda pushing forums like Reset Era or this one

I have been a PC only gamer since I built a gaming PC right when the 8th generation of consoles started. I really got back into gaming this gen after leaving the hobby for like 7 years. This generation right from the start, the press was set to destroy big bad monopolistic Microsoft since their Xbox one reveal. I get that Kinect was a clusterfuck, but the always online checks? We are 99% of the time online now. Sharing games? We are more digital than ever now. And guess what, you can share digital games with xbox as well. But that stupid video from Sony got viral, because that's the narrative the press and fanboys wanted to push.

Then I saw how the xbox one got flak for running games at a slightly lower resolution (typically 900p vs 1080p) the gaming press and the fanboys made this incredibly small gap feel as if it were an ocean of performance. Curious why this was never a thing again once the Xbox one X released. Oh and btw Sony, those "Dynamic 4k" ads for the PS4 Pro on the Champions League? That's false advertising.

Something started to caught my attention, when it came to new releases. There wasn't much talk about MS , but everything Sony did was seen as the second coming. Mediocre games like Uncharted 4 were given really high scores in Metacritic just for being released by one of Sony's top studios. Sony fans will later recognize that is the weakest Uncharted series ever. For comparison, Rise of the Tomb Raider was given lower scores in spite the fact that you could do much more in the game and the gameplay was more fluid and better paced

Even acknowledging that MS First party output was a mixed bag this generation...Do you have any shadow of doubt that if games like Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive were released as Playstation exclusives, they would have 10 to 15 extra points by press outlets? Its all about keeping your largest audience happy, dont tell them something they dont want to hear. Tell them what they want to hear: Sony good, MS, Nintendo and PC gaming bad.

FFs just compare Killer Instinct to the clusterfuck that was SFV (Sony console exclusive) I was there at launch with a copy of SFV on PC trying to install the damn thing, to this day is one of the most barebones fighting games ever. Completely inexcusable. At least KI was free to play, and you could buy the full version afterwards. And down the line got an awesome single player extra mode, Lords of Shadow. Compare to that terrible excuse for a Story mode from SFV.

Then we got the concern trolling (a recurring theme by the press/you tubers/fanboys when it came to the Xbox and MS) due to their decision to release their games on PC. Will MS become third party? Is Xbox dead? Why do I need an xbox? Seems that everyone all of a sudden had a spare gaming PC alongside their PS4.
BTW remember all the flak MS got for a couple of months of timed exclusivity with Rise of the Tomb Raider? Sony does it all the time, FFVII Remake, Nier Automata, Nioh and more. But is never called for it.

Then we got the constant downplay of Xbox releases when it came to the Goty awards: Truly great games with lots of replay values and big communities like the Forza Horizon games could never be considered for Goty because they are racing games. It seems you have to be a cinematic third person game with an "emotional" story to be elegible to Goty awards. Give me gameplay oriented games any day.

Also the constant downplay of innovative games like Sea of Thieves just because they are online experiences. The press shills must learn that Games as a Service like Sea of Thieves can have as much value and prestige as Single Player story based games. Not everyone is interested in Single player one and dones where moving the analog stick up and watching cutscenes is half of the gameplay

And then the fanboys... truly the worst fanboys in all gaming. Nintendo fanboys are passionate about their games, xbox fans got flak all this generation and the PC gaming community is by far the best and most collaborative. Never got the PCMR stereotype. PC gaming is for everyone, from Intel HD graphics to 4 way SLI 3080s

But Sony fanboys (of course talking just about fanboys here) they really believe they are the bees knees. Smug and arrogant. These folks truly believe that all third party devs owe Sony and should not release their games in other platforms: remember the meltdown when Square and Capcom DARED to release FFXIII and DMC 4 on the xbox?

I believe this sense of entitlement comes from the PS1 and PS2 when they monopolized the console market thanks to piracy (how do you believe that Sony got its "global" appeal?) Chinese style dumping to get Sega and Nintendo out of the console market it was.

Bunch of hypocrites they label PC gamers as pirates when Playstation is what it is thanks to piracy. All those shills in the press in their 30s and 40s grew up with their modded PS1 and PS2 and a tower of CD-R - DVD-R. Cheap folks that champion the used games market so that they keep buying and selling games without giving money to the devs. At least PC gamers buying games on Steam sales give money to the devs.

At the end of the day its about being critical when companies do things wrong give them a pat on the back when right. But if you really like this hobby as a whole its important to be FAIR. Not everything done on MS, PC or Nintendo is bad and everything done on Sony's camp is the second coming of christ: Their games are polished but safe, their regional pricing policy is non existent. PS Now is an utter failure. The PS4 and PS4 Pro sounded like jet engines when pushed, and Sony's stance on backwards compatibility is an embarrassment.

Wow man, few times I have seen all these truths in one answer, you made me move.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Can’t blame the M$ crowd Halo delay was not a good announcement, they take pride in their console, as of now they’re no where near SONY levels of gaming.

Poop!

Series X is harder to find but generally yes they are still amazing available as of 24/9 @ 15:10
SoEqpPW.jpg

EpXxlng.jpg

You aren't really disproving the meme because it is poking fun at tiny countries having the system and you are only concentrating on Finland.

How many SSD threads were there again?

let’s also not forget Xbox fans on neogaf live in one of the most hostile environments there are. This is literally a Sony fanboy community for the most part. All positive Microsoft news is always spun as bad and any good they do is wrong. It’s actually pretty nice watching the Sony crowd squirm a bit.

I’m console agnostic and mostly play on PC and PS4. But this is really fun to watch.

TGO

You aren't really disproving the meme because it is poking fun at tiny countries having the system and you are only concentrating on Finland.
Finland? I'm in the UK Mate!

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This thread so far has been a shower of shit for me but i'm still glad I opened it because it's coherent with the way I conduct myself. Lots of "but Sony fans deserve it" like we all were a hive mind without face and a common past but I'm still waiting for someone denying the increase in toxicity the last few days. That's good. It means at least we're all in the same page about what's happening right now on GAF.

If this thread has managed to convince a single Microsoft or anti-Sony fan to tone down the level of aggressivity i'm satisfied with it. If not, at least I tried.

giphy.gif

Flintty

Here's my take on this generation and the problem I've got with the treatment different companies get by the press, you tubers and fanboys across agenda pushing forums like Reset Era or this one

I have been a PC only gamer since I built a gaming PC right when the 8th generation of consoles started. I really got back into gaming this gen after leaving the hobby for like 7 years. This generation right from the start, the press was set to destroy big bad monopolistic Microsoft since their Xbox one reveal. I get that Kinect was a clusterfuck, but the always online checks? We are 99% of the time online now. Sharing games? We are more digital than ever now. And guess what, you can share digital games with xbox as well. But that stupid video from Sony got viral, because that's the narrative the press and fanboys wanted to push.

Then I saw how the xbox one got flak for running games at a slightly lower resolution (typically 900p vs 1080p) the gaming press and the fanboys made this incredibly small gap feel as if it were an ocean of performance. Curious why this was never a thing again once the Xbox one X released. Oh and btw Sony, those "Dynamic 4k" ads for the PS4 Pro on the Champions League? That's false advertising.

Something started to caught my attention, when it came to new releases. There wasn't much talk about MS , but everything Sony did was seen as the second coming. Mediocre games like Uncharted 4 were given really high scores in Metacritic just for being released by one of Sony's top studios. Sony fans will later recognize that is the weakest Uncharted series ever. For comparison, Rise of the Tomb Raider was given lower scores in spite the fact that you could do much more in the game and the gameplay was more fluid and better paced

Even acknowledging that MS First party output was a mixed bag this generation...Do you have any shadow of doubt that if games like Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive were released as Playstation exclusives, they would have 10 to 15 extra points by press outlets? Its all about keeping your largest audience happy, dont tell them something they dont want to hear. Tell them what they want to hear: Sony good, MS, Nintendo and PC gaming bad.

FFs just compare Killer Instinct to the clusterfuck that was SFV (Sony console exclusive) I was there at launch with a copy of SFV on PC trying to install the damn thing, to this day is one of the most barebones fighting games ever. Completely inexcusable. At least KI was free to play, and you could buy the full version afterwards. And down the line got an awesome single player extra mode, Lords of Shadow. Compare to that terrible excuse for a Story mode from SFV.

Then we got the concern trolling (a recurring theme by the press/you tubers/fanboys when it came to the Xbox and MS) due to their decision to release their games on PC. Will MS become third party? Is Xbox dead? Why do I need an xbox? Seems that everyone all of a sudden had a spare gaming PC alongside their PS4.
BTW remember all the flak MS got for a couple of months of timed exclusivity with Rise of the Tomb Raider? Sony does it all the time, FFVII Remake, Nier Automata, Nioh and more. But is never called for it.

Then we got the constant downplay of Xbox releases when it came to the Goty awards: Truly great games with lots of replay values and big communities like the Forza Horizon games could never be considered for Goty because they are racing games. It seems you have to be a cinematic third person game with an "emotional" story to be elegible to Goty awards. Give me gameplay oriented games any day.

Also the constant downplay of innovative games like Sea of Thieves just because they are online experiences. The press shills must learn that Games as a Service like Sea of Thieves can have as much value and prestige as Single Player story based games. Not everyone is interested in Single player one and dones where moving the analog stick up and watching cutscenes is half of the gameplay

And then the fanboys... truly the worst fanboys in all gaming. Nintendo fanboys are passionate about their games, xbox fans got flak all this generation and the PC gaming community is by far the best and most collaborative. Never got the PCMR stereotype. PC gaming is for everyone, from Intel HD graphics to 4 way SLI 3080s

But Sony fanboys (of course talking just about fanboys here) they really believe they are the bees knees. Smug and arrogant. These folks truly believe that all third party devs owe Sony and should not release their games in other platforms: remember the meltdown when Square and Capcom DARED to release FFXIII and DMC 4 on the xbox?

I believe this sense of entitlement comes from the PS1 and PS2 when they monopolized the console market thanks to piracy (how do you believe that Sony got its "global" appeal?) Chinese style dumping to get Sega and Nintendo out of the console market it was.

Bunch of hypocrites they label PC gamers as pirates when Playstation is what it is thanks to piracy. All those shills in the press in their 30s and 40s grew up with their modded PS1 and PS2 and a tower of CD-R - DVD-R. Cheap folks that champion the used games market so that they keep buying and selling games without giving money to the devs. At least PC gamers buying games on Steam sales give money to the devs.

At the end of the day its about being critical when companies do things wrong give them a pat on the back when right. But if you really like this hobby as a whole its important to be FAIR. Not everything done on MS, PC or Nintendo is bad and everything done on Sony's camp is the second coming of christ: Their games are polished but safe, their regional pricing policy is non existent. PS Now is an utter failure. The PS4 and PS4 Pro sounded like jet engines when pushed, and Sony's stance on backwards compatibility is an embarrassment.

Yes, yes and fuck yes. Thread winner right here.

Ogbert

Dude. You’re taking this way too seriously. We’re talking about plastic boxes that cost about as much as a big evening out.

TGO

I can’t agree or disagree, only time will tell. I’m not going to pretend I can predict the future.

The sheer amount of threads here convincing themselves that MS will still make them multiplat says it’s a bigger deal then you believe though.
Far as I'm aware it's just the current contracted exclusive titles, correct?

Flintty

I get what you’re saying (we all want to engage in chatter without toxicity) l but what you typed reads like “it was ok for SonyGAF to be toxic but now MSGAF have a voice and are being toxic, it’s too much and it’s not allowed”.

If it’s good for the goose, it’s damn well good for the gander too. You can’t halt the game and take the ball home when the other ‘team’ starts ‘winning’.

Last edited:
"Wow Xbox fans need to dial down the retribution".

"Yeah but you treated us bad".

akwardpuppet.jpg

Do ya think that the persecution complex for 7+ years needs to go, too, or do Xbox fans get to cling to it while also bragging about every headline? In my eyes, that makes you a fanboy.
I thought the reason they caught hell was because even with Sony demonstrating all of its glory, that they were defending there Xbox's and still bashing Sony.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Same here.
Have been a huge Sony fan coming from the PS3 going into the PS4 and absolutely despised the Xbone. I wished in 2013 that Microsoft would have left the console business alltogether after that shit show.

But this time, tides have turned.

I wonder how badly all those PS fans need to be treated by Sony to realize something has been going wrong with Sony's strategy over the last year.

Never happen, it's a cult and Sony is the Jim Jones of console gaming. Sony fans love to drink the Kool-aid

remember-jonestown-small-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Never happen, it's a cult and Sony is the Jim Jones of console gaming. Sony fans love to drink the Kool-aid

remember-jonestown-small-jpg.jpg
Yeah this is exactly the sort of nonsense that stokes console wars.

Sony is the Jim Jones of console gaming? This is supposed to be... taken seriously?

Oh, sorry. "What goes around comes around" etc so it's all cool.

A.Romero

Please, don't stop. Either side.

It's too funny to see how some people think anything a company does is worthy of bragging as if it was a personal achievement as well as total ignorance about the basics of how a business works.

TLZ

Banned

I have never seen so many lies in one post.

Joey.

It ebbs and it flows.
Microsoft is in the driver seat right now - good for them.
There will be a big PS announcement eventually and the boot will be on the other foot.
We all gotta stop taking things so seriously.

DavidGzz

Imagine if you were a MS fan the weeks after Craig. You would have gone off the deep end. At least this is more justified. It's a huge deal.

Top Bottom