• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intervention: Microsoft GAF, you're out of control

Kagey K

Banned
I checked this with a mod recently and my point was simple.
Why allow trolling in general threads when there are threads created already for console warring to take place?

Its simple. Why does every thread related to Sony get trolled relentlessly. Good or bad news it's just endless trolling and console warriroing. It's seriously detremental to discussion taking place on real topics.

I have started reporting people because the mod advised to report users who troll.
You have to be fucking kidding me. You went and cried to a mod after trolling every Xbox thread for months and nobody cried about you.

Pathetic.

Last edited:
Why allow trolling in general threads when there are threads created already for console warring to take place?

Its simple. Why does every thread related to Sony get trolled relentlessly. Good or bad news it's just endless trolling and console warriroing. It's seriously detremental to discussion taking place on real topics.

I have started reporting people because the mod advised to report users who troll.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

It wasn't a problem with the Craig memes but now it's outta control?
Funny this is always brought up. Memes are fine. There are meme threads for that.

According to mods trolling in every thread is stepping over the line. It's exactly what I'm seeing now after the Bethesda acquisition. Trolling in threads by Xbox fans regardless if it's about Xbox or Sony. Good news or bad news. It's just non stop drive bys and trolling. Mods said to report people who do this and there is a shocking amou t of Xbox folk with post histories that show that level of constant trolling going back the last few days. There is no discussion to be had in threads becuad you have to wade through an ocean of shit posts and trolling.

cormack12

Gold Member
This thread is hilarious for me to read through. However, the thing I like the best is that everyone is just discussing a real problem and airing out shit. We don't need no.......moder-er-ation......we don't need no...thought control

NextDimwittedGermanwirehairedpointer-small.gif

You have to be fucking kidding me. You went and cried to a mod after trolling every Xbox thread for months and nobody cried about you.

Pathetic.
That's why we have mods. To keep trolls in line. If you have an issue with my posts., go ahead and report me. If you feel I'm trolling. Go ahead and report me.
We have rules in place for a reason.

Kagey K

Banned
That's why we have mods. To keep trolls in line. If you have an issue with my posts., go ahead and report me. If you feel I'm trolling. Go ahead and report me.
We have rules in place for a reason.
I got my own kids, I don’t need to deal with this drama on the side.

Yiu sure had a lot of fun dunking on Xbox, but when it came your time you ran home with ball.

I have an easier way to deal with babies and I don’t need mods to intervene.

I almost gave up here once or twice and lashed out a few times more than that when I was getting dog piled by PS fans. Yet here I am.

That went on for years, and now you are already throwing in the towel after one week?

Sorry I’m not feeling bad for you.

Last edited:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Uncharted 4 easy.

Ori is shit.

Are you going to report your own posts to the mods?

Little warriors such as yourself want GAF to be nothing more than a sonybot safe space. Yes, we know you little children love your report brigading around here and now that you're copping the exact same shit you've been slinging for months, all of a sudden can't handle it and run crying to the mods.

You lot have thinner skin than a Hilary voter.

Last edited:
I am MR PlayStation but I say let em have their moment. Its been a real kick in the sack for them the last 7 years and the Bethesda get was absolutely monster!

Besides we all know not one Xbox game in the next 10 years will match the insanely polished quality of Sony Studios titles. That's just a fact until they prove us wrong.

Celebrate away gents! I'm playing Ghost of Tsushima nightly :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I am Mr PlayStation and I approve this message :D. Jokes aside Microsoft is dead serious about their Xbox brand now and it's taken them 7 years to get to where they are today. Microsoft is going to continue steam rolling the competition, yall just wait and watch. PS games will soon be joining Game Pass and papa Phil would be " I am proud to announce that PlayStation is coming to Game Pass" along with the world premiere audio cue :D

Sure.

There’s a reason for all the traffic here right now, and it’s not the delusion you made up.

Its funny how much this mirrors the Xbox 1.5 shit, aNd people can’t see it. Though I guess they didn’t back then either.

You do realize that half of the forum is literally populated by concern trolling by you xbox fanboys and beating your chest? Give me a break lol.

Most annoying thing is the bullshit xbox people are spreading, damage control because PS5 sold out in minutes but xbox didnt.

"Xbox is sold out everywhere!!!"

And yet I can still order it here at Finland, I lost the count, 3 days after they opened preorders?

Slovakian friend says the same, xboxs are still easily available

Mmnow

Most annoying thing is the bullshit xbox people are spreading, damage control because PS5 sold out in minutes but xbox didnt.

And yet I can still order it here at Finland, I lost the count, 3 days after they opened preorders?

There are lots of people all around the world disappointed they won't be getting either console this November. Maybe you could tell them the good news? That they can still get a Series X if they hop on a plane to Finland?

I'm sure they'll be thrilled.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned

Fuck me :messenger_tears_of_joy:

pastedimage-5619-390x285.png

RGB'D

I do it like this: if playstation wins, I join the playstation crowd and shit on xbox fans, if xbox wins, I join the xbro crowd and shit on playstation snoys.
I learned to become flexible at shitposting.
If you stand for nothing sponk, what will you fall for?

Senua

giphy.gif

Faithless83

Banned
Buy SEGA! Buy CAPCOM! Buy that fucking Microsoft and put windows on XSX while you're at it! BUY WB! BUY MAHVEL! BUY ME!! YOU HAVE THE MONEYSS!!"

It will die down in a week or so. It't the 12TF all over again.

This right here must be the most ironic post of the entire month 😂

Master troll seeks refuge

Dibils2k

you are obsessed with this :messenger_tears_of_joy:

you know you dont have to post this in every thread?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Gamepass

more like game ASS

seriously I’m sick of hearing about this monthly rental shit. people actually don’t want to own anything anymore?

LOL y’all are on your own but please quit trying to rope me into the scheme where U pay hundreds of dollars for years and end up with nothing

“oh but did you hear this game that came out 6 months ago is coming to the rental place?”

dude I don’t caaaaaare!

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Gamepass

more like game ASS

seriously I’m sick of hearing about this monthly rental shit. people actually don’t want to own anything anymore?

LOL y’all are on your own but please quit trying to rope me into the scheme where U pay hundreds of dollars for years and end up with nothing

“oh but did you hear this game that came out 6 months ago is coming to the rental place?”

dude I don’t caaaaaare!

Chad Warden is that you?

Mmnow

Gamepass

more like game ASS

dude I don’t caaaaaare!
I mean, you get to play games. You get "experiences", for want of a better word.

Do you not go on holiday, cause after you have to come home and have nothing to show for it? Why go to a nice restaurant when you can sustain yourself on grey gruel and have the same thing to show for it?

I'm not chucking money at Microsoft and not getting anything in return. Its just that when you spend $160, you get two new games. You might get some of that back when/if you sell it on, but you won't get it all back and besides, then you'd have nothing to show for your money.

I get hundreds of games, dozens of which I really want to play. It might not be for you and that's fine, but by almost any measurement you can make, I come out on top.

I have been a PlayStation guy since '95. Hardcore. Clothes. 20th Anniversary PS4. 500 Million Edition PS4 Pro. Hardcore. (I have owned all Xbox's as well but currently do not own any - use a PC instead).

For me - this is the least exciting launch they've ever done. They seem to wake up every couple of months to try and sell this thing and then go back to their naps. Perhaps you can blame marketing or perhaps their hands were tied by "higher-ups" ... but this is just 'blah'. And it isn't going to matter in the beginning anyway in terms of how many units THEY sell... because they will both completely sell out into 2021. The sales advantage is likely going to belong to whomever can manufacture more consoles.

But AFTER that - do you believe next year there are going to be Series X consoles just sitting on the shelf while PS5's are never in stock ? - I severely doubt it.

Game Pass. Backward Compatibility. Studio Acquisitions. Superior GPU. This all matters. This isn't the 2013 "both hands tied behind their back" Microsoft that could have been beaten blindfolded. This is a different animal.

Sony is not going to run away with this generation so they better stop acting like they will win by default.

After the launch wave hype dies down it is clear that Microsoft is going to have some KILLER 1st party stuff to line right up with Sony over course of the generation. This isn't your " Halo / Gears / Forza / Repeat " old-school Microsoft. The 1st party title advantage will not exist for Sony like it did before ....
...and so what is left?
-How 3rd party games may look a little better on Series X
-How the company treats their customers.

Advantage Microsoft as of today.
Same here.
Have been a huge Sony fan coming from the PS3 going into the PS4 and absolutely despised the Xbone. I wished in 2013 that Microsoft would have left the console business alltogether after that shit show.

But this time, tides have turned.

I wonder how badly all those PS fans need to be treated by Sony to realize something has been going wrong with Sony's strategy over the last year.

Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
I think Sony has definitely lost the initiative this round. MS, at least on paper, released the stronger machine and this fact was easy to market. Of the two companies, MS has been more communicative with consumers albeit reluctant to show games actually running on their hardware.

The Lockhart hail mary was equally interesting and headline grabbing (regardless of what us 'hardcore' enthusiasts have to say about it in debates), and then MS bought Zenimax.

MS had their missteps (Craig), but unlike Sony they were at least dancing and making waves. It would have been a blunder if none of their moves stuck but several did.

I feel like Sony needs to have something up it's sleeve if it wants to counter the MS marketing blitz leading into November. Solid follow through is of course the order of the day where long term success is concerned, but that doesn't mean on the short term team green is scoring points.

I know it's been a hard gen for you and you're hungry for retribution against Sony but reading GAF since the Bethesda acquisition anouncement is unbearable. Almost all the threads, related to Sony or not, are full of console warring cranked up to the max, unprovoked attacks, constant references to Sony fans and, in general, a very toxic atmosphere.

So go on, mock me and insult me for saying it, but also think about it because it's out of control and moderators apparently don't think so.
I think you will find its the Sony crowd making countless threads pissing and moaning about this, not seen many if any made by MSfans

Poop!

Gamepass

more like game ASS

dude I don’t caaaaaare!

With how fast my kids blaze through games, the gamepass for us is perfect.

Overly long post incoming.

Here's my take on this generation and the problem I've got with the treatment different companies get by the press, you tubers and fanboys across agenda pushing forums like Reset Era or this one

I have been a PC only gamer since I built a gaming PC right when the 8th generation of consoles started. I really got back into gaming this gen after leaving the hobby for like 7 years. This generation right from the start, the press was set to destroy big bad monopolistic Microsoft since their Xbox one reveal. I get that Kinect was a clusterfuck, but the always online checks? We are 99% of the time online now. Sharing games? We are more digital than ever now. And guess what, you can share digital games with xbox as well. But that stupid video from Sony got viral, because that's the narrative the press and fanboys wanted to push.

Then I saw how the xbox one got flak for running games at a slightly lower resolution (typically 900p vs 1080p) the gaming press and the fanboys made this incredibly small gap feel as if it were an ocean of performance. Curious why this was never a thing again once the Xbox one X released. Oh and btw Sony, those "Dynamic 4k" ads for the PS4 Pro on the Champions League? That's false advertising.

Something started to caught my attention, when it came to new releases. There wasn't much talk about MS , but everything Sony did was seen as the second coming. Mediocre games like Uncharted 4 were given really high scores in Metacritic just for being released by one of Sony's top studios. Sony fans will later recognize that is the weakest Uncharted series ever. For comparison, Rise of the Tomb Raider was given lower scores in spite the fact that you could do much more in the game and the gameplay was more fluid and better paced

Even acknowledging that MS First party output was a mixed bag this generation...Do you have any shadow of doubt that if games like Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive were released as Playstation exclusives, they would have 10 to 15 extra points by press outlets? Its all about keeping your largest audience happy, dont tell them something they dont want to hear. Tell them what they want to hear: Sony good, MS, Nintendo and PC gaming bad.

FFs just compare Killer Instinct to the clusterfuck that was SFV (Sony console exclusive) I was there at launch with a copy of SFV on PC trying to install the damn thing, to this day is one of the most barebones fighting games ever. Completely inexcusable. At least KI was free to play, and you could buy the full version afterwards. And down the line got an awesome single player extra mode, Lords of Shadow. Compare to that terrible excuse for a Story mode from SFV.

Then we got the concern trolling (a recurring theme by the press/you tubers/fanboys when it came to the Xbox and MS) due to their decision to release their games on PC. Will MS become third party? Is Xbox dead? Why do I need an xbox? Seems that everyone all of a sudden had a spare gaming PC alongside their PS4.
BTW remember all the flak MS got for a couple of months of timed exclusivity with Rise of the Tomb Raider? Sony does it all the time, FFVII Remake, Nier Automata, Nioh and more. But is never called for it.

Then we got the constant downplay of Xbox releases when it came to the Goty awards: Truly great games with lots of replay values and big communities like the Forza Horizon games could never be considered for Goty because they are racing games. It seems you have to be a cinematic third person game with an "emotional" story to be elegible to Goty awards. Give me gameplay oriented games any day.

Also the constant downplay of innovative games like Sea of Thieves just because they are online experiences. The press shills must learn that Games as a Service like Sea of Thieves can have as much value and prestige as Single Player story based games. Not everyone is interested in Single player one and dones where moving the analog stick up and watching cutscenes is half of the gameplay

And then the fanboys... truly the worst fanboys in all gaming. Nintendo fanboys are passionate about their games, xbox fans got flak all this generation and the PC gaming community is by far the best and most collaborative. Never got the PCMR stereotype. PC gaming is for everyone, from Intel HD graphics to 4 way SLI 3080s

But Sony fanboys (of course talking just about fanboys here) they really believe they are the bees knees. Smug and arrogant. These folks truly believe that all third party devs owe Sony and should not release their games in other platforms: remember the meltdown when Square and Capcom DARED to release FFXIII and DMC 4 on the xbox?

I believe this sense of entitlement comes from the PS1 and PS2 when they monopolized the console market thanks to piracy (how do you believe that Sony got its "global" appeal?) Chinese style dumping to get Sega and Nintendo out of the console market it was.

Bunch of hypocrites they label PC gamers as pirates when Playstation is what it is thanks to piracy. All those shills in the press in their 30s and 40s grew up with their modded PS1 and PS2 and a tower of CD-R - DVD-R. Cheap folks that champion the used games market so that they keep buying and selling games without giving money to the devs. At least PC gamers buying games on Steam sales give money to the devs.

At the end of the day its about being critical when companies do things wrong give them a pat on the back when right. But if you really like this hobby as a whole its important to be FAIR. Not everything done on MS, PC or Nintendo is bad and everything done on Sony's camp is the second coming of christ: Their games are polished but safe, their regional pricing policy is non existent. PS Now is an utter failure. The PS4 and PS4 Pro sounded like jet engines when pushed, and Sony's stance on backwards compatibility is an embarrassment.

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

I got almost every single ps4 exclusive and only manage to get 1-2 hours in them on average and then drop them like a pair of stinking socks bored out of my mind. I guess majority of ps exclusives are just not for me, but I'm still keep on buying them just to see why they're so highly rated and hoping to find that one exception and nearly every time I'm so let down and baffled beyond belief.

Top Bottom