• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intel's 11th Gen i9 11900K benchmarked against 10th gen 10900K at 5.2Ghz. Will the new cores win?

LOL no.

Well, the latest benchmarks of Intel's Core i9-11900K 8 Core Rocket Lake CPU have just leaked out by a Chinese TechTuber and the results are a mixed bag for the 11th Gen flagship. The difference between these and the earlier benchmarks is that the previous results were evaluated using an ES chip while the latest benchmarks are performed on a QS chip which should be close to the retail unit.

Intel Core i9-11900K vs Core i9-10900K 5.2 GHz Overclock Benchmarks Leak Out - 8 Core Rocket Lake Flagship Only Faster In Single-Core Apps, Lacks in Gaming & Multi-Threaded Performance​

Intel-Core-i9-11900K-8-Core-Rocket-Lake-vs-Core-i9-10900K-10-Core-Comet-Lake-CPU-_-5.2-GHz-Overclock-_-3DMark.jpg

An 8 core, 250W PL2 power hungry beast. Wow.

Last edited:

dave_d

So basically having a 25% increase in cores/threads results in about a 10% increase in multithreaded performance at least according to those numbers.

Last edited:
I mean, it's not too bad considering it's 8 cores versus 10. But still... those 8 cores are a little better but will consume about the same power as previous gen's 10 cores... and the end result might not be that impressive.

10nm can't come soon enough.

Type_Raver

250W!!

It might be faster than the Zen 3 in some games, but with that power draw, cooling requirements will be needy to maintain high boost speeds!

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Its worse than its predecessor?
Haha this chip is not going to any reviewers.

P.S Is the 11700 also 8/16?....why would anyone want the 11900 if its effectively a golden sample 10700?

Im guessing this chip is fuckall FPS faster than a last gen i7.....Intel done fucked up.

Average-o.png

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Well intel lost the desktop market and Apple market ... not looking good for ole intel nowadays. They have zero footing in the mobile space as well.

there do however still have IT professionals brainwashed all over the cooperate space even with the massive vulnerability scandal.

truth411

LOL no.

Well, the latest benchmarks of Intel's Core i9-11900K 8 Core Rocket Lake CPU have just leaked out by a Chinese TechTuber and the results are a mixed bag for the 11th Gen flagship. The difference between these and the earlier benchmarks is that the previous results were evaluated using an ES chip while the latest benchmarks are performed on a QS chip which should be close to the retail unit.

Intel Core i9-11900K vs Core i9-10900K 5.2 GHz Overclock Benchmarks Leak Out - 8 Core Rocket Lake Flagship Only Faster In Single-Core Apps, Lacks in Gaming & Multi-Threaded Performance​

Intel-Core-i9-11900K-8-Core-Rocket-Lake-vs-Core-i9-10900K-10-Core-Comet-Lake-CPU-_-5.2-GHz-Overclock-_-3DMark.jpg

An 8 core, 250W PL2 power hungry beast. Wow.

250 WATTS!!!

FireFly

Uh oh wow:

Likely they were looking to put an engineer at the top, since Bob Swan is just a finance guy.

Kenpachii

Uh oh wow:

Not shocked they are rebranding 9900k's while amd is pushing forwards with performance ever generation. Intel needs to start moving forwards or else they will fall behind. Currently th ewhole 10k and 11k series look like a joke besides the mid range / budget chips.

250watt is straight up retarded, a 9900k i would consider melting hot and that's a 95w chip. 250w i cant even imagine, how is this even coolable.

Last edited:
AMD is killing it in the CPU department. Glad I dropped Intel a while back. They went from the hottest shit in PC gaming a couple gens back, to the literally hottest shit in PC gaming. Power consumption sucks, core configurations suck, and die size still sucks. I'm still holding out for a 5800x if they ever come back in stock...

ethomaz

Banned
I’m not sure...

The 10-core won like expected.
Surprised the difference was pretty small... that means the new Proc has better IPC.

Trimesh

Banned
Crazy, reminds me of the last Pentium 4 Netburts type of situation, then it came Conroe which was pretty revolutionary back then
That's more a case of what an utter disaster Netburst was though - Conroe was pretty much a tweaked P6 (I.E. Pentium Pro) CPU core coupled with the BUI and cache logic from the Pentium 4 and despite being a almost wholly derivative design it ran rings around the P4.

Armorian

Banned
In games 11 will be faster but it still looks idiotic to have 8 core top CPU after 10 core part year earlier LOL

Top Bottom