- Mar 6, 2007
11th Gen Intel Core S-series desktop processors (code-named “Rocket Lake-S”) will bring more performance to gamers and PC enthusiasts.
Here are parts of the article that monition gaming.
Why Frequency and IPC Matter: Games and most applications continue to depend on high-frequency cores to drive high frame rates and lower latency. In addition, the number of IPC improve on the performance that frequency delivers by executing more instructions. Intel continues to push the limits of performance with IPC gains and the frequencies necessary for gaming, content creation and multitasking.
How It is Optimized for Amazing Gaming: Some of the new features being introduced with 11th Gen Intel Core S-Series include:
The 11th Gen Intel Core S-Series desktop processors, launching in 2021’s first quarter, will deliver amazing performance and flexibility to meet a range of needs for gamers and content creators.
- New Cypress Cove architecture featuring Ice Lake Core architecture and Tiger Lake Graphics architecture.
- Double-digit percentage IPC performance improvement.
- Better gen-over-gen performance.
- Up to 20 CPU PCIe 4.0 lanes4 for more configuration flexibility.
- Enhanced Intel UHD graphics featuring Intel Xe Graphics architecture.
- Intel® Quick Sync Video, offering better video transcoding and hardware acceleration for latest codecs.
- New overclocking features5 for more flexible tuning performance.
- Intel® Deep Learning Boost and VNNI support.
This is the first IPC gain for Intel on desktop since 2015.
Despite that, Intel still has top tier gaming performance as of today, in Q4 2020.
It will be interesting to see who has the top tier gaming performance next quarter Q1 2021 after Rocket Lake-S launches.