• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Installation 01 (Halo Fan game) gets blessing from 343i

By which Halo fans?

The lame people who cant get over Halo CE? or how about that cheaters heaven known as Halo 2? Or do you mean the slow as shit Halo 3? Or perhaps you mean the Bloom and loadout fans of Halo from Reach?

H5 campaign suffered, but MP wise, it shits all over previous games.

This, hope they will take their time with Halo 6 campaign and deliver on it.
Multiplayer just needs to launch with Halo 5 features and gameplay and i'll be a happy camper.

Detective

By which Halo fans?

The lame people who cant get over Halo CE? or how about that cheaters heaven known as Halo 2? Or do you mean the slow as shit Halo 3? Or perhaps you mean the Bloom and loadout fans of Halo from Reach?

The people who got burned by H4 MP , MCC, H5 campaign and its ongoing problems.
A game it's not about MP only, Specially Halo.
So stop sucking whatever you are sucking and be realistic.

Maybe the Halo fans who weren't fond of how Halo 4 and MCC turned out.

Maybe you conveniently forgot while being a stan for Halo 5 multiplayer but Halo 4 and MCC's mistakes did more to hurt the franchise than Halo 5 multiplayer did to help it.

giphy.webp

Thank god they seem to be sticking to the proper Halo art style judging from the screenshots. Hope they stick with the Bungie-era sounds too.

As a longtime Halo fan I'm extremely excited for this :)

KillLaCam

Banned
This, hope they will take their time with Halo 6 campaign and deliver on it.
Multiplayer just needs to launch with Halo 5 features and gameplay and i'll be a happy camper.
And include real action sack. Halo 5 action sack sucked. Which was weird because there were sooooooooooooooooo many good forge mini games they could have used in the Playlist.

VeeP

343 is widely disliked by Halo fans so doing anything positive at all goes in the win column.

I'm a Halo fan. I like 343. They've made mistakes, but if they learn from it I'm cool with it. But hey, glad you and others are using this thread to just shit on 343.

Anyways, it's nice to see companies give fan games their blessing. It'd be nice to see companies like Nintendo and Square-Enix do the same.

latest

Wait, people actually think H5 MP is better than CE or 2 MP?

I do. Halo CE I played through Xbox Connect. And frankly I like the weapon sandbox and movement/feel of combat more in Halo 5 compared to CE.
Halo 2, I'll never forgive those SMG starts. But team hardcore was a blast to play. Overall I'd still give the edge to Halo 5. Halo 2 had the best maps I the series however.

By which Halo fans?

Nah I think it's people who aren't fond of Chief On Duty.

VeeP

Nah I think it's people who aren't fond of Chief On Duty.

Yep. Might as well call Halo 5 Call of Duty: Spartan Warfare, right? That TTK is the same as CoD, the weapons are similar, the gameplay is so similar. I mean, you can run... and jump! Just like Call of Duty.

Gestault

By which Halo fans?

This perfectly lays out the various camps they're dealing with making these games.

Great job 343i. I haven't read the comments in this thread but I'm sure they are all positive towards 343i for not being a dick and shutting this fantastic fan project down, there isn't really anymore to be said with the topic at hand.

Let it go should be the last thing anyone does with regards to MCC, Jesus. They literally sold a broken game and abondonded it the first chance they could

I mean, it's there prerogative to keep voicing how they got assblasted, but there's no reason to be shitting up every single fucking Halo thread on Gaming side about it, almost three years later. Especially threads, like this one, that have nothing to do with it but people have to shitpost soapbox.

Also can we have one thread where people don't shit on things that aren't about the topic?

Seriously.

By which Halo fans?

There are plenty of reasons to be critical of 343. They have yet to deliver a good campaign or a decent story. They are headstrong about changing the art style, Halo took a step down in terms of visuals under their art direction. While they're receptive on player feedback for a lot of things, it seems like they won't engage in conversation about the removal of sprint. Chasing genre tropes to gain fans of other games is wasted effort. Shit like smart scope and sprint are there for that reason only, at least things like thruster and groundpound seemed more inspired in the spirit of Halo. Then there's the MCC that still has problems, yet there's no discussion with the community on fixing it, or even curating the playlists in a better way.

I love Halo 5 multiplayer, but I understand why players are critical. Especially right now when it could have an impact on Halo 6.

I mean, it's there prerogative to keep voicing how they got assblasted, but there's no reason to be shitting up every single fucking Halo thread on Gaming side about it, almost three years later. Especially threads, like this one, that have nothing to do with it but people have to shitpost soapbox.

Seriously.

Until (not that I think they will) Make an actual Halo game they should never get any free pass for all the crap they have pulled with this series from 4, MC to 5. It has been nothing short of shit mistakes. (Halo 4 was pure garbage on almost every level) MC well yeah, and 5 with it's lack of features, bad map designs and so on.

Good on them for not shutting this down but things change, anything can happen and this free Halo may not end up good but atleast they seem to understand what Halo is. They obviously don't have the talent to do it justice like I'm sure they would like.

Kalentan

Seriously.

Honestly.

It really sucks. There is no good Halo discussions anymore.

wwm0nkey

Until (not that I think they will) Make an actual Halo game they should never get any free pass for all the crap they have pulled with this series from 4, MC to 5. It has been nothing short of shit mistakes. (Halo 4 was pure garbage on almost every level) MC well yeah, and 5 with it's lack of features, bad map designs and so on.
This thread has nothing to do with previous Halo games, it's about a fan game that 343 did something cool with by allowing it to exist and everyone derailed it into a 343 shit fest.

This thread has nothing to do with previous Halo games, it's about a fan game that 343 did something cool with by allowing it to exist and everyone derailed it into a 343 shit fest.

I agree with that a bit but they are allowed to post what they want imo They are staying on topic for the most part. The people complaining about it are just as if not more guilty shitting up a thread?

KageMaru

I agree with that a bit but they are allowed to post what they want imo They are staying on topic for the most part. The people complaining about it are just as if not more guilty shitting up a thread?

So talking about previous games is on topic regarding a fan made game?

ultrazilla

Good on Microsoft and 343! An example of how things *can* be handled with fan projects. This area is not always as cut and dried as it seems and there's a ton factors involved with using someone else's I.P.

So talking about previous games is on topic regarding a fan made game?

Yeah, imagine how crazy that must be. Talking about Halo games in a fan made Halo game thread. With how your talking, it would seem like people are thing about Mario. Really? lol jeez man, take a step back and think about this.

Let's talk about a fan made halo and say nothing about any other halo. ..Ok brah.

KageMaru

Yeah, imagine how crazy that must be. Talking about Halo games in a fan made Halo game thread. With how your talking, it would seem like people are thing about Mario. Really? lol jeez man, take a step back and think about this.

Let's talk about a fan made halo and say nothing about any other halo. ..Ok brah.

I could see your point if people were comparing the strengths of this fan made game in relation to 343's efforts, but that's hardly what's going on here.

wwm0nkey

I don't think you're seeing the problem that the topic has mostly become about 343 vs Bungie games rather than the fan game. You know, the reason I made the thread.

Yeah it's cool to have reservations about 343 but this isn't the topic to do it

I don't think you're seeing the problem that the topic has mostly become about 343 vs Bungie games rather than the fan game. You know, the reason I made the thread.

Yeah it's cool to have reservations about 343 but this isn't the topic to do it

Has to be a comparison for some, and I think its fair. I cant tell what they are running this off of but I doubt they made the code myself.

KageMaru

Has to be a comparison for some, and I think its fair. I cant tell what they are running this off of but I doubt they made the code myself.

So if a group of fans made a CoD fan game and the topic turned into gamers shitting on IW or Treyarch games to argue which is worse, with little to no correlation made to the fan game, you'd think that's fair game or constructive to the intended discussion?

Top Bottom