• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac Games top lead hire openings for a multiplayer title

Bartski

Gold Member
Including creative director, suggesting the project still early in pre-production.

Z5tS9QE.jpg

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

They make enough VR games that they're even bundling them now.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!

This is from 2016. Long before the acquisition. No way.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
there is a lot of trash multiplayer games on the market no need to waste 1st party studios on this instead of making what they're good at which is single player blockbusters

A single player blockbuster is done when someone finishes it and trades it into GameStop for a quarter. A good MP game gains tens of millions of players and lives on for years after its launch.

CamHostage

Can't see it for spider man 2.

...Spider-MEN?

ns8z2bxp2jr51.jpg

Doesn't seem likely, but there is a comic for that (plus the blockbuster Spider-Verse movie to lead the way) and making a multiplayer component might help a sequel or stand-alone game stand out since it's hard to make a sequel "bigger and better" when Spidey's world is specifically New York City.

Also, I'm alone on this island I'm sure, but I really enjoyed Ratchet Deadlocked and wouldn't mind a multiplayer R&C again, either PVP or co-op depending on the concept. 2P with Ratchet and Rivet, it's there if they choose to try that. (The only problem is that R&C is so chaotic and loads the characters up with such great weapons that it'd be tough to make a MP game that's balanced in gameplay but still has that level of carnage.)

ratchet-deadlocked-20051027115603716-000.jpg

Made, you mean? Those were all before Sony bought them. They did produce some Magic Leap projects and complete StormLand, but if Insomniac makes some more VR games, most likely they'd hold them for PSVR2, there's little reason to contract out to Oculus at this point when you're owned by a corporation (although Insomniac does do some interesting things sometimes, just to stretch its boundaries...)

Last edited:

nbkicker

That was before sony bought them, i cant see them doing anything for oculus now, more likely exclusive for psvr, infact with the experience insomniac has with vr i wouldnt be suprised to see a big vr game ready for when psvr 2 comes

Monado X

Neo Member
This is a good thing. PlayStation needs some mp games. One and done games that can be beat and platinumed over a weekend ain't the wave. Especially when these games are now $70.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Well it's not gonna be a team-based spider-verse game, is it? Can you just imagine the fights in the lobby? "No way, you have to be Spider-Pig!"

Amiga

Insomniac are technically great at FPS mechanics. here is a clip from a VR game they made:

Insomniac just need to get away from the super boring world of Resistance. a lot of their games failed because of the lackluster narrative/backstory of games like Resistance, Fuse and Sunset Overdrive. I just bear to stay in these worlds for hours.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Insomniac are technically great at FPS mechanics. here is a clip from a VR game they made:

Insomniac just need to get away from the super boring world of Resistance. a lot of their games failed because of the lackluster narrative/backstory of games like Resistance, Fuse and Sunset Overdrive. I just bear to stay in these worlds for hours.

I would really love that game but as 3rd person. Would take it even as FPS as well. Option of both would be better. Looks nice and if it's being RPG it'll have so much potential! Thanks for sharing.

yurinka

I think that maybe during the whole Spider-Man story there could be an AI driven side kick (Peter as main character with Morales, Black Cat, Spider Gwen etc as rotating side kicks) and to allow optionally play the story as co-op.

But in any case please avoid Resistance and wasting Insomniac's talent on competitive MP games or game modes. Sony will already have the MP games from GT7, the Destiny and the CoD BO guys, and there's also TLOU factions and seems that the Guerrilla MP coming. No need for more 1st party competitive MP.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I think that maybe during the whole Spider-Man story there could be an AI driven side kick (Peter as main character with Morales, Black Cat, Spider Gwen etc as rotating side kicks) and to allow optionally play the story as co-op.

I'd love to see that since I loved the coop combat in Arkham Knight, it must be a herculean effort to make that many different move sets for such a small portion of the game overall though, so would probably be good for them to focus on just 2 or 3 to keep each one bespoke and high quality.

It would be awesome to jump up buildings as Black Cat in the style of Catwoman in Arkham City, have the jump timing mean you can near infinitely increase in speed if you keep hitting it right on the button.

RCU005

It’s weird to me when they post job listings for creative director, like they want to make a game, but need to hire someone to tell them what the game is?

Bartski

Gold Member
It’s weird to me when they post job listings for creative director, like they want to make a game, but need to hire someone to tell them what the game is?
which is why this could be another license, probably with a general idea on paper for someone to figure out and lead the charge. Seeya in 2025

Top Bottom