• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac confirms Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 swings to PS5 in fall 2023.

So 5 year dev time, next gen exclusivity and we should expect DLC? Same city? Same visuals? Same gameplay?

I really dont understand why gamers have such low standards now. Just a few years ago we used to trash critics for doing that.

It should be a solid improvement with better visuals and gameplay, but it’s not going to be dramatically different

Next Gen gameplay is a myth

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
again, not visuals. gameplay. we just talked about AI and SSD and increasing the scope of connecting the world in death stranding 2. All gameplay. Visuals are just an easy indicator to show whether or not devs put in any effort into the game to take advantage of the raw horsepower. if they cant be bothered with updating graphics to next gen standards, you think they will bother innovating in the gameplay space? Creating new physics and destruction systems? new NPC simulations? thats a lot more work.

TLOU part 1 looks like a last gen game and plays like a last gen game because its a low effort game like deathloop, ghostwire, forspoken and all the other next gen only games third parties have released so far. I knew it because i saw the visuals not being on par with Matrix and I called that the gameplay wouldnt be either. You all were like having last gen visuals doesnt mean they wont innovate in gameplay. Well, they didnt. If anything, they took half the things that made TLOU2 so great. Again, time proved me right.
holy shit dude do you even play anything besides type on NeoGAF all day.
cross gen will end one day but until then stop fretting and start playing

Like genuinely this is the reason why people fucking mock you on this forum, this is a gaming forum and as much as i hate cross gen (believe me it pisses me off too) you just have to deal with it. The PS5/XSX only games are coming. The better visuals are coming. Fucking Forza, Starfield and Spiderman are on their way. stop with this BS, especially 'gameplay not being on par with matrix' like matrix hardly has any fucking gameplay and what is there is nothing more than a glorified QTE. You're letting this shit consume your mind brah

How can they work on Spider-Man 2 when they have insomnia?

7voX.gif
i want a straight face reaction emoji now.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
So 5 year dev time, next gen exclusivity and we should expect DLC? Same city? Same visuals? Same gameplay?

I really dont understand why gamers have such low standards now. Just a few years ago we used to trash critics for doing that.
It's not about my standards, it's about my prediction of what's coming. Insomniac is super efficient on releases, but they're a factory right now. It's still impressive for any studio to hit this kind of turn around time but it comes at a cost. Miles Morales is basically a large expansion building off what has come before. Spider Man 2 looks almost exactly like the last game to me and we're going to get mostly the same thing. Anyone that invests that much money to build up a new gameplay system and engine will just reuse it again at least once. I said the same thing for Horizon and Ragnarok. Everything is just too expensive to start from scratch at this level of budget.

The thing that makes me 100% sure is the Wolverine announcement. If anyone is working on new tech for physics, destruction, etc. it will be for that game which is already on the way as well. They're juggling multiple projects because they are very incremental advancements from past games. Same for the last Ratchet as well.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
holy shit dude do you even play anything besides type on NeoGAF all day.
cross gen will end one day but until then stop fretting and start playing

Like genuinely this is the reason why people fucking mock you on this forum, this is a gaming forum and as much as i hate cross gen (believe me it pisses me off too) you just have to deal with it. The PS5/XSX only games are coming. The better visuals are coming. Fucking Forza, Starfield and Spiderman are on their way. stop with this BS, especially 'gameplay not being on par with matrix' like matrix hardly has any fucking gameplay and what is there is nothing more than a glorified QTE. You're letting this shit consume your mind brah

i want a straight face reaction emoji now.

Fj477TOWAAIMIpO

Now put me on ignore instead of telling me to stop posting.

Crayon

Super down. I got like 60 hours of it before I had my fill, but over two years because open world games are hella long for me. Just a great beatemup. I still throw it in sometimes because there's all that dlc still and I never got to miles.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
If anything, Just like with covid last year, these guys are all using this activision excuse to hide the fact that these games are all in development hell.

Hmmm if only there was a label to perfectly describe you and your melodramatic ways...

everyone was leaving LOL reactions to my post for being chicken little

I am called entitled. A chicken little.

I was called chicken little,

people jumped down my throat and called me chicken little

I was called chicken little.

chicken GIF

Markio128

I never doubted it. At this point, there is simply no reason to disbelieve anything Insomniac have to say and I don’t think any other developer has delivered so consistently in recent years.

But Gaf gonna Gaf.

SlimySnake

It's not about my standards, it's about my prediction of what's coming. Insomniac is super efficient on releases, but they're a factory right now. It's still impressive for any studio to hit this kind of turn around time but it comes at a cost. Miles Morales is basically a large expansion building off what has come before. Spider Man 2 looks almost exactly like the last game to me and we're going to get mostly the same thing. Anyone that invests that much money to build up a new gameplay system and engine will just reuse it again at least once. I said the same thing for Horizon and Ragnarok. Everything is just too expensive to start from scratch at this level of budget.

The thing that makes me 100% sure is the Wolverine announcement. If anyone is working on new tech for physics, destruction, etc. it will be for that game which is already on the way as well. They're juggling multiple projects because they are very incremental advancements from past games. Same for the last Ratchet as well.
Check the next gen graphics fidelity thread. I posted something similar about insomniac and why I have doubts that Spiderman will be a true next gen showcase. Insomniac games definitely give out that factory assembly line vibe though the OG spiderman definitely did feel AAA that could stand toe to toe with the GOWs and Uncharteds. But Miles and especially Ratchet felt very underwhelming for a next gen title so yeah, i have very little hope.

I just take issue with everyone just falling in line and accepting cross gen games in 2023. I remember everyone losing it way back in 2020 when Phil said wanting cross gen games is just a console war meme. Now 3 years later, we are all onboard with what is an exceptionally greedy practice? Wolverine doesnt even have a release date. Should we expect next gen games in 2025? From first party no less? These are the guys who sold us a $500 console. They owe us way more than the third parties merely trying to sell us a $70 game.

The reason why I bitch is because people like DF and critics dont. DF just did a Forspoken video where they compared the original trailer which makes this game look like trash. And they acted like its not a big deal that a next gen only game was so severely downgraded. They should be trashing the game but they are acting like this is business as usual after compiling the incriminating evidence themselves? Why are we so understanding and accepting of these shitty practices?

I am glad Twitter was full of memes about people crawling in tight spaces after the GOW release. I have almost 200 hours in the game, but I am glad people are calling it out after critics fell over each other handing out 10s like its the game of the century. Like Kratos said, We have to be better.

Their first-party games next year are Spider-Man 2, Stellar Blade, Firewall Ultra, Horizon VR and Burning Shores, Destiny 2 Lightfall, Convallaria, MLB 2023 and Helldivers 2 (all but confirmed).
Quite a bloated list, but some nice games here and there, and if we're lucky, we'll also get Death Stranding 2 and Factions. Team Asobi and Pixelopus will likely release their stuff next year, so those would be good additions. But yeah, I'm sure it won't be as popular as their 2022 lineup which was 100% AAA-focused.
If everything you mentioned comes out next year then it’s much better than God of War, Horizon, GT7 and TLOU remake.

At least it’s much more diverse.

Once every portable and home device(even Nintendo's) is able to run ultra realistic graphics at 4k/8k 40 years from now and the graphical hills to climb become small anthills to be crushed under a boot, SlimySnake SlimySnake will finally achieve transcendence and ascend above paltry human wants and needs.

maxresdefault.jpg

ProtoByte

I think that this is incorrect. Incremental improvements as sequels made sense for Ragnarok and Horizon; those were last gen games after all.

Spider-Man 2 is a different development context all together. Miles Morales wasn't an outright sequel, but already did the incremental thing by itself. Oh, and look at that: It was cross genInsomniac has explicitly talked about "pushing" the PS5:

While pushing the capabilities of the console will be very exciting

Also, you talk about cost: This is goddamn Spider-Man. Both preceding games were monumental financial successes. You best believe they can and will pull out all the stops for this one.

People seem to forget that the games that really start to be "next gen worthy" usually do take a solid 3-4 years to ramp up. Uncharted 4 really started the PS4's first party exclusive momentum, and that came out in mid 2016.

It really isn't unreasonable or unrealistic to expect a genuine leap here.

Check the next gen graphics fidelity thread. I posted something similar about insomniac and why I have doubts that Spiderman will be a true next gen showcase. Insomniac games definitely give out that factory assembly line vibe though the OG spiderman definitely did feel AAA that could stand toe to toe with the GOWs and Uncharteds. But Miles and especially Ratchet felt very underwhelming for a next gen title so yeah, i have very little hope.

I just take issue with everyone just falling in line and accepting cross gen games in 2023. I remember everyone losing it way back in 2020 when Phil said wanting cross gen games is just a console war meme. Now 3 years later, we are all onboard with what is an exceptionally greedy practice? Wolverine doesnt even have a release date. Should we expect next gen games in 2025? From first party no less? These are the guys who sold us a $500 console. They owe us way more than the third parties merely trying to sell us a $70 game.

The reason why I bitch is because people like DF and critics dont. DF just did a Forspoken video where they compared the original trailer which makes this game look like trash. And they acted like its not a big deal that a next gen only game was so severely downgraded. They should be trashing the game but they are acting like this is business as usual after compiling the incriminating evidence themselves? Why are we so understanding and accepting of these shitty practices?

I am glad Twitter was full of memes about people crawling in tight spaces after the GOW release. I have almost 200 hours in the game, but I am glad people are calling it out after critics fell over each other handing out 10s like its the game of the century. Like Kratos said, We have to be better.

What is the next gen gameplay that matrix offers and Spider-Man won’t offer?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I just take issue with everyone just falling in line and accepting cross gen games in 2023.

I understand your point of view. I just think that on PS4 Sony had a real legendary level of releases all in a row. Spider Man, TLOU2, Ghost, Ratchet, and on and on. The idea that they would take those expensive games and not make at least one sequel out of their previous investment before starting over is not shocking to me. The only real difference here is that now those games take so long that it covers two generations. If all the big hits were on PS4 in the first 2 years, then these sequels would be the PS4 closers. But that's just not the world of AAA development now. It just literally takes that long now.

But your above quotes show that not everyone takes it lying down. There's definitely been criticism as well. We've all seen it. But the games are selling like crazy, so I just see the writing on the wall and the incentives and try to make a realistic prediction. For example, I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Ghost of Tsushima 2 very similar to the 1st one. They built out a whole new combat system. They're going to reuse it minimum at least once. It's just that everything takes THAT long now.

PS5 level games with crazy advancements you're imagining may not even exist until the very end of PS5 or PS6. The system level and the generation level became mostly irrelevant when we moved into the incremental pro console release model. Ignore the system and just look at each series and how many times they've reused that initial investment and you'll make accurate predictions.

This is why I don't care if Xbox is slow, or if games are low budget indies. AAA development from scratch takes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long even in the best of circumstances.

bitbydeath

Don’t think it’s been mentioned yet, but the list includes three PS5 exclusives and three cross-gen games, those are good numbers.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
It should be a solid improvement with better visuals and gameplay, but it’s not going to be dramatically different

I'd take anyone up on this bet. Traversal is going to be much faster. The city, although stylized to fit comic book aesthetic, will look better than the matrix demo. We've already seen a sizeable leap in quality of RT reflections and lighting from the announcement trailer which is now well over a year old. Cerny's consultation will undoubtedly be requested just as it was in SM1.

SM2 will be the de facto benchmark for current gen presentation.

Next Gen gameplay is a myth

With my first night playing Returnal I knew the experience in aggregate could not be replicated on PS4. Who knows if SM2 reaches that bar, but I'm just saying it isn't a myth.

nial

Gold Member
If everything you mentioned comes out next year then it’s much better than God of War, Horizon, GT7 and TLOU remake.

At least it’s much more diverse.
Yeah, even though this year was great for Sony, that was one of my issues with it; everything felt kinda samey. Like I said in another thread, I want those indie-esque titles from the PS4 era to come back. Stuff like Fantavision 202X would be great, for example.
Fj477TOWAAIMIpO

Now put me on ignore instead of telling me to stop posting.
absolutely BTFO, gold thread :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
I'd take anyone up on this bet. Traversal is going to be much faster. The city, although stylized to fit comic book aesthetic, will look better than the matrix demo. We've already seen a sizeable leap in quality of RT reflections and lighting from the announcement trailer which is now well over a year old. Cerny's consultation will undoubtedly be requested just as it was in SM1.

SM2 will be the de facto benchmark for current gen presentation.

With my first night playing Returnal I knew the experience in aggregate could not be replicated on PS4. Who knows if SM2 reaches that bar, but I'm just saying it isn't a myth.

None of those are next gen that SlimySnake SlimySnake is talking about

I’m pretty sure he only considers gameplay to be next gen if it includes:

1) massive destructible environments that are dynamic

2) revolutionary AI routines

3) level design that allows seamless indoor to outdoor areas with elaborate differences in assets thanks to the SSD speeds

I don’t think many games will be pushing those boundaries hard until maybe late generation

ProtoByte

PS5 level games with crazy advancements you're imagining may not even exist until the very end of PS5 or PS6. The system level and the generation level became mostly irrelevant when we moved into the incremental pro console release model. Ignore the system and just look at each series and how many times they've reused that initial investment and you'll make accurate predictions.
Here's the thing though: what's being asked for aren't crazy advancements. Destruction isn't new. High NPC counts aren't new. Physics aren't new.
Half of that stuff was pretty prevalent in the 7th gen games. There, the problem was memory, GPU bottlenecks and "incorrect" rendering techniques. With the 8th gen, it was the awful Jaguar CPUs.

Neither of those are problems this time, and we have damn fast SSDs to boot.

This is why I don't care if Xbox is slow, or if games are low budget indies. AAA development from scratch takes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long even in the best of circumstances.
Okay, since you've brought Xbox into this for coping purposes, let's address this.

You're waiting just as long. But you've been waiting for games that didn't and don't even stack up to last gen potential. Let's not pretend like Microsoft and Sony's ability to actually make games is equal here.

SlimySnake

What is the next gen gameplay that matrix offers and Spider-Man won’t offer?
Matrix has way better chaos destruction physics systems and enhanced traffic simulations not to mention 90k cars and 35k pedestrians roaming the streets that Spiderman would benefit from.

But Matrix is hardly the barometer for next gen gameplay. You seriously cant think of anything they can do to make Spiderman feel next gen?

How about this?

Or what Avatar is aiming to do?

Flying​

"[New consoles allowed] us to have much better object detail up close to you," explains Stefanove, "but also when you're flying high up in the air – to have a lovely vista and far-distance rendering, where we can even use the ray tracing to do shadows super far away, you know, three or four kilometers away from you."

It's not just that the world needs to look good as you lazily soar over it – it's that it needs to stay looking good while you travel very, very quickly, as Jansén explains: "You're flying at enormous high speeds on a Banshee over this very, very detailed landscape. It doesn't matter how much we can render, unless we can stream it in as fast when we're moving very fast from one place to another. So just this shift to these newer hard drives, it can't be underestimated because, and it really has a lot of implications."

Map Design​

"It's not just the old 'I'm taking this slow walk as I enter into the place because we have to stream everything in'," explains Jansén of the benefits to his maps, "it's little subtle things that people don't think about, which is how close together are all the places in the world. If you look at, with the old hard drives, they had to be spaced out very far [apart], because you had to stream out the old and stream in the new, so it just created a formulaic world. So, there's a ton of stuff like that."

Enemy and Creature AI​

"Technology is everything," says Jansén, "it's what allows us to realize our dreams as designers. It's what allows us to tell our stories, and to create the immersion and the escapism that we want. It's not just about escapism, it's about danger as well, because Pandora is a beautiful place, but it's also a dangerous place. So, the wildlife, the AI, the way that they track you, the way that they attack you, the advances in technology and the way that we are taking advantage of the power with our in-house Snowdrop engine is allowing us [to] do amazing things that would not be possible [otherwise]."

I am really struggling to understand why you cant think of any ways FF16, Forspoken and TLOU wouldve benefitted from devs actually putting in an effort. Hell, Half Life 2 had better physics than we do in games today. Far Cry 2 came out in 2008 and let you set an entire jungle on fire while HFW in 2022 cant have fire last for more than 5 seconds. Fear in 2006 had better AI than any game released today. MAG was pushing 256 real players on screen while GOW ragnorak had 5 people on screen at once in the finale. Im not asking for much. Just stuff that was there 2 decades ago in games that look pretty but play like they are handicapped by dated hardware.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Okay, since you've brought Xbox into this for coping purposes, let's address this.

You're waiting just as long. But you've been waiting for games that didn't and don't even stack up to last gen potential. Let's not pretend like Microsoft and Sony's ability to actually make games is equal here.
I literally said I don't care. From that statement you managed to twist that into I care SO MUCH that I'm coping.

This is your brain on console wars:

fried-egg-help-us.gif

Matrix has way better chaos destruction physics systems and enhanced traffic simulations not to mention 90k cars and 35k pedestrians roaming the streets that Spiderman would benefit from.

Simulating routines isn’t really gameplay unless you interact with it

It’s part of the visuals

I am really struggling to understand why you cant think of any ways FF16, Forspoken and TLOU wouldve benefitted from devs actually putting in an effort. Hell, Half Life 2 had better physics than we do in games today. Far Cry 2 came out in 2008 and let you set an entire jungle on fire while HFW in 2022 cant have fire last for more than 5 seconds. Fear in 2006 had better AI than any game released today. MAG was pushing 256 real players on screen while GOW ragnorak had 5 people on screen at once in the finale. Im not asking for much. Just stuff that was there 2 decades ago in games that look pretty but play like they are handicapped by dated hardware.

There’s literally massive amounts of characters on screen in Ragnarok and HFW

Does anyone care that you could set a jungle on fire when everything else about the game is shit?

SlimySnake

I understand your point of view. I just think that on PS4 Sony had a real legendary level of releases all in a row. Spider Man, TLOU2, Ghost, Ratchet, and on and on. The idea that they would take those expensive games and not make at least one sequel out of their previous investment before starting over is not shocking to me. The only real difference here is that now those games take so long that it covers two generations. If all the big hits were on PS4 in the first 2 years, then these sequels would be the PS4 closers. But that's just not the world of AAA development now. It just literally takes that long now.

But your above quotes show that not everyone takes it lying down. There's definitely been criticism as well. We've all seen it. But the games are selling like crazy, so I just see the writing on the wall and the incentives and try to make a realistic prediction. For example, I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Ghost of Tsushima 2 very similar to the 1st one. They built out a whole new combat system. They're going to reuse it minimum at least once. It's just that everything takes THAT long now.

I think the criticism is coming from the audience, not the gaming media if you look at the fact that game was at 95 the day it came out. All the big publications simply glossed over the things gamers ended up disliking. If I also just accept that Spiderman will be Miles 2 then who is going to keep these devs honest?

And I think the fact that games now take 5 years to make is precisely why they should go with the crazy advancements because otherwise, we are looking at 15 years before we see any true advancement with the third entry in the franchise. If Ghost 2 comes out in 2025, five years after the original and feels like Ghost DLC then 2030 is when I should expect a true next gen Ghost game?

5 years is plenty of time to enhance new systems. I am not asking them to throw away the new combat system they created. I am asking for livelier worlds that dont feel empty, boring, and completely uninteractive like they do nowadays. If I use fire arrows, have the forest burn down, have a village burn down. Have that integrate into the game's story to make side content feel more organic.

But ultimately, all these games are trying to be movies. Epic blockbusers with explosive war scenes in the finale. And yet in both finales of HFW and GOW, we got none of that. HFW's finale war literally was a cutscene. At least GOW was a bit more interactive. Though still underwhelming. They are not ready to do big war scenes even though the hardfware has finally caught up.

I think the criticism is coming from the audience, not the gaming media if you look at the fact that game was at 95 the day it came out. All the big publications simply glossed over the things gamers ended up disliking. If I also just accept that Spiderman will be Miles 2 then who is going to keep these devs honest?

And I think the fact that games now take 5 years to make is precisely why they should go with the crazy advancements because otherwise, we are looking at 15 years before we see any true advancement with the third entry in the franchise. If Ghost 2 comes out in 2025, five years after the original and feels like Ghost DLC then 2030 is when I should expect a true next gen Ghost game?

5 years is plenty of time to enhance new systems. I am not asking them to throw away the new combat system they created. I am asking for livelier worlds that dont feel empty, boring, and completely uninteractive like they do nowadays. If I use fire arrows, have the forest burn down, have a village burn down. Have that integrate into the game's story to make side content feel more organic.

But ultimately, all these games are trying to be movies. Epic blockbusers with explosive war scenes in the finale. And yet in both finales of HFW and GOW, we got none of that. HFW's finale war literally was a cutscene. At least GOW was a bit more interactive. Though still underwhelming. They are not ready to do big war scenes even though the hardfware has finally caught up.

Not once did I genuinely care about grass being burned in BOTW

Punished Miku

Gold Member

If I'm wrong I'll be happy. I just don't expect that. Its just me guessing. My eyes were telling me that on Ragnarok but I got it anyway and kinda regret it. I'll be happy to play Spider Man 2 a year later with a price cut and I'll probably enjoy it. If I'm wrong I can always buy it earlier and join the fun.

Barakov

Gold Member
Maybe from the casuals, but not the hardcore. If Sony brought back PS Experience, the engagement would be waaaaay higher. Would it cost them money? Yes. But that's the problem with penny-pitching Jim. He's a bean counter first and foremost and not a gamer at all.

Look at what Insomniac has to do here to "promote" freaking Spiderman 2 for god's sake. It's pathetic. It's sad bro. They should have to "remind" us that one of the biggest games of 2023 is still coming.
I think money is the key word here. They probably knew Microsoft was going to pull something like the Activision-Blizzard deal so they probably needed a thrifty, bussiness man like Jim Ryan to counter Microsoft's spending spree.

Still from a PR perspective it's definitely not a good look. Spiderman 2 definitely deserves a bigger stage than a state of play they pump out in the summer of 2023.

Can we stop talking about sequels like DLC? You were talking about games designed in 2005 but you were playing sequels of multiple franchises back then that played nearly identical to their previous entries sometimes between generations and no one was complaining.

You’re expecting these consoles to reinvent how games are done somehow and it’s clear you’re dreaming too much here. And if they do something never done before, it will be a 30fps game barely playable at full 4k and you’ll also be the first one complaining about it.

You guys expect too much from 500€ pieces of hardware.

Raonak

Banned
Sony's content pipeline is pretty damn impressive. Been getting at least 1 GOTY candidate every year, 2 every year since 2018

2015: Bloodborne
2016: Uncharted 4
2017: Horizon
2018: GOW, Spiderman
2019: Death Stranding, Days Gone
2020: TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima
2021: R&C, Returnal
2022: Horizon, GOW:R
2023: Spiderman 2, ????

also ya'll know that SlimySnake is just an internet KAREN. His entire job is to just whine about everything.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Missing Forspoken, Final Fantasy 16 and Final Fantasy 7 Part 2.
Nope, left those out on purpose. Not into the Japanese anime ass games. They all look and play like last gen games.

None of those are next gen that SlimySnake SlimySnake is talking about

I’m pretty sure he only considers gameplay to be next gen if it includes:

1) massive destructible environments that are dynamic

2) revolutionary AI routines

3) level design that allows seamless indoor to outdoor areas with elaborate differences in assets thanks to the SSD speeds

I don’t think many games will be pushing those boundaries hard until maybe late generation
I mean, those are what make gameplay next gen. Not the status quo that we get with every new sequel. Its time to demand more, hes right. Gamers are too easily satisfied.

Secretly, for years now I've been wanting ND to go all out and make a war game in the vein of Spec Ops. A real War game that captures the seriousness and true horrors of war. One that also capitalizes on the hardware we have now to give us ACTUAL ALL OUT WAR in gameplay. The first true, large scale, big battle single player war game. No one is doing this even remotely. That set piece with Abby in TLOU 2 with the fire in the village was a great start, but we need more of that, on a scale 100x larger.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Maybe from the casuals, but not the hardcore. If Sony brought back PS Experience, the engagement would be waaaaay higher. Would it cost them money? Yes. But that's the problem with penny-pitching Jim. He's a bean counter first and foremost and not a gamer at all.

Look at what Insomniac has to do here to "promote" freaking Spiderman 2 for god's sake. It's pathetic. It's sad bro. They should have to "remind" us that one of the biggest games of 2023 is still coming.
I am pretty sure that Sony sets this up intentionally. They wanted the focus up to now to be on 2022 games. With Ragnarok out they can shift to 2023. See them announcing the HFW expansion at the game awards show. Weren’t people complaining about a lack of info on Ragnarok at this point last year?

Whether Sony hypes up Spiderman 2 now or six months from now really makes no difference. People will hear about it.

Secretly, for years now I've been wanting ND to go all out and make a war game in the vein of Spec Ops. A real War game that captures the seriousness and true horrors of war. One that also capitalizes on the hardware we have now to give us ACTUAL ALL OUT WAR in gameplay. The first true, large scale, big battle single player war game. No one is doing this even remotely. That set piece with Abby in TLOU 2 with the fire in the village was a great start, but we need more of that, on a scale 100x larger.
you mean in the same way that tlou2 captured the seriousness & true horror of violence? that violence that people were having an absolute blast engaging in for multiple hours? & will soon be able to excitedly inflict on each other via multiplayer? those true horrors?...

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
you mean in the same way that tlou2 captured the seriousness & true horror of violence? that violence that people were having an absolute blast engaging in for multiple hours? & will soon be able to excitedly inflict on each other via multiplayer? those true horrors?...
yes.

matter of fact. Factions 2, if it is what I think it is. Could offer us the best large scale battles in gaming yet.

Now do it in single player - I need it to look next gen too

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I am pretty sure that Sony sets this up intentionally. They wanted the focus up to now to be on 2022 games. With Ragnarok out they can shift to 2023. See them announcing the HFW expansion at the game awards show. Weren’t people complaining about a lack of info on Ragnarok at this point last year?

Whether Sony hypes up Spiderman 2 now or six months from now really makes no difference. People will hear about it.

Sadly I think Jim Lyin has unlocked the mystery in promoting Playstation. Just DON'T talk about it, until you are 60 days out from release. And then drop $50 million worth of ads in the final 60 days.

Top Bottom