• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Insider Gaming] Avatar Frontiers of Pandora pre-orders to go live soon, it’s claimed

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Avatar Frontiers of Pandora pre-orders are set to go live soon, a dataminer has suggested. @ScriptLeaksR6 on Twitter, who appears to obtain information via the Ubisoft Store backend has allegedly found a new image and information suggesting that the pre-orders are set to go live soon.

According to the image, the pre-order will contain a “The child of the worlds pack”, which includes 1 weapon skin and 1 character cosmetic set.

It’s not clear when exactly the pre-orders will go live, but for the information to be added to the Ubisoft Store could suggest its soon.

Update:

Last edited:
I know I am probably grossly overestimating the quality of this game. But goddamn that screenshot looks like a 4K Xenoblade Chronicles X and I am so down for that shit.

Umbasaborne

Banned
And yet ac mirage is nowhere to be found.
They were being VERY optimistic when they announced early 2023. It will very likely end up being a holiday game for them. They announced that window strictly for share holders. Things are dire for them right now, the last big multiplatform game they put out was rainbow 6 extracton….that was over a year ago. Then the switch exclusive mario rabbids bombed. To put it lightly, their output essentially crashed and burnt, so they had to say something to instill confidence

Last edited:
They were being VERY optimistic when they announced early 2023. It will very likely end up being a holiday game for them. They announced that window strictly for share holders. Things are dire for them right now, the last big multiplatform game they put out was rainbow 6 extracton….that was over a year ago. Then the switch exclusive mario rabbids bombed. To put it lightly, there output essentially crashed and burnt, so they had to say something to instill confidence
It's probably late summer/ fall. It was never early 2023, otherwise we'd have gotten a firm date by Jan/Feb

Doom85

I hope they have some NPCs in the game that talk about doubting James Cameron, and then they get trampled by a stampede.

Hey, a quick death sounds better than sitting through two more bloated three and a half hour nature documentaries that took 13 years to make the effects but only 13 hours to make the script.

50 cent laughing GIF

No joke, I’m going to laugh my ass off if this video game made by Ubisoft of all people has a better script than the two films. I would have thought that be impossible, but I should have known not to doubt modern James Cameron!

(cue the crowd of people going, “it’s not about the story, bro!”)

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

But seriously, to the people who are actually chill about this series, and don’t treat it like they’re in a cult, I hope you get a fun video game.

Snoop Dogg Reaction GIF

-

Last edited:
Awesome, didn't think we'd be seeing this game any time soon. Hopefully, this means a summer release for Frontiers is on the horizon.

Let’s hope we can see some actual gameplay.

Ubisoft have many flaws but they’ve excelled in visuals. AC Odyssey is such a gorgeous game.

Edder1

Wow, those leaked in-game images look like massive downgrade from the original trailer. Smh, Ubisoft strikes again.

Last edited:

3liteDragon

That trailer they showed off at E3 was “powered by the Snowdrop engine” aka pre-rendered, hoping the actual game looks close to that trailer. Don’t know how this is gonna play in first-person to be honest, it might feel immersive but things like combat might be a challenge.

I’m very interested to see how this runs on Series S.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Would be hilarious if it gets leaked after they hid it for 2 years like it’s some kind of nuclear secret.

3fFO3Yv.jpg

Stuart360

Dont really care if its first or third person, although it would be nice if the game had both viewpoints (remember when games used to do that?).

I just hope the game is good, and after the surprisingly good orig AVATAR game, i'm pretty calm with that.

SlimySnake

Yeah, as much as I love Avatar and super hyped for this game, I was beyond pissed when I learned about it being a first-person game.

This should have been a third-person game. First-person would be perfectly fine if they were making a PS VR 2 version 👀 🔥
It's like they learned nothing from cyberpunk. It's a better looking game than Witcher 3 but far less immersive. Also, the blue people are the main draw of Avatar, not guns which will now be the focus thanks to the first person view.

It just shows how developers simply struggle to understand the source IP and what people want fom open world games. FPS are undoubtedly superior if you're trying to create a shooter, but why would you want to create a shooter in Avatar? Should be an action adventure game.

Cyberpunk, Metro, Far Cry all pale in comparison to Witcher, Horizon, Red Dead, and almost every other third person open world game. I am hoping this one is different but after cyberpunk, im pretty much done with this silly concept of making open world exploration games first person.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I can see the logic behind it in theory, you are being placed in an Avatar body so you see through their eyes, etc. I just don't really like FPS games a ton.

I like some of them, but the bar is a lot higher to convince me to spend money on it. And I think FP is still weaker no matter what for any kind of body / positional awareness (stealth, platforming, using cover, nearly anything).

I do love Avatar though. If they knock it out of the park, I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
It's like they learned nothing from cyberpunk. It's a better looking game than Witcher 3 but far less immersive. Also, the blue people are the main draw of Avatar, not guns which will now be the focus thanks to the first person view.

It just shows how developers simply struggle to understand the source IP and what people want fom open world games. FPS are undoubtedly superior if you're trying to create a shooter, but why would you want to create a shooter in Avatar? Should be an action adventure game.

Cyberpunk, Metro, Far Cry all pale in comparison to Witcher, Horizon, Red Dead, and almost every other third person open world game. I am hoping this one is different but after cyberpunk, im pretty much done with this silly concept of making open world exploration games first person.
I heavily disagree, i love first person perspective, cyberpunk was an incredibly immserive experience because of this.

SlimySnake

And I think FP is still weaker no matter what for any kind of body / positional awareness (stealth, platforming, using cover, nearly anything).
Yep. Like melee which looks extremely janky in first person. That Kingdom Come game wouldve looked amazing in third person but those idiots made it first person and the game is pretty much forgotten.

They also forget that animations are a HUGE part of what makes a game look good. I see Dictator on era trashing third person as cinematic, but it's more immersive to see someone accurately animate the action you're performing. Without animations, you are losing out on maybe half of the impact of the graphics. It becomes a painting instead of a simulation.

SlimySnake

I heavily disagree, i love first person perspective, cyberpunk was an incredibly immserive experience because of this.
I have tried to play it on and off for almost 3 years now. I just cant get into a story driven game that tells stories in first person. it feels cheap.

The world looks beautiful but i just feel disconnected from it. Witcher 3 felt much more atmospheric than this. If anything, I think the first person view gives it a very euro jank feel which ultimately hurts what is possibly the best looking game on PC still to this day.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Yep. Like melee which looks extremely janky in first person. That Kingdom Come game wouldve looked amazing in third person but those idiots made it first person and the game is pretty much forgotten.

They also forget that animations are a HUGE part of what makes a game look good. I see Dictator on era trashing third person as cinematic, but it's more immersive to see someone accurately animate the action you're performing. Without animations, you are losing out on maybe half of the impact of the graphics. It becomes a painting instead of a simulation.
Whenever a non-FPS game goes first-person, this is my first thought. That they were shying away from third-person camera angle because of animations. A first-person only game lets you cut that (tough) corner very easily.

Mr.Phoenix

Do we even know what this game is about? like, what type of game it is? Feels weird getting a preorder before even getting to see a preview of the game.

Elios83

I'd like it to be good but with current Ubisoft I fear it will be their usual open world formula with boring fillers copied and pasted all over the map.
Prove me wrong Ubisoft :messenger_sunglasses:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Really? I did not know that. Good!

I'm surprised to hear that preordering may be an option soon. I expected the game to not release for another year or so.
It was first scheduled for a 2022 release but got delayed into 2023. I expect a Q4 2023 release.

A trailer in PlayStation Showcase (May or very early June) and a gameplay deep-dive on Ubisoft Foward (June 12). Just my guess.

Top Bottom