• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider - “Call of Duty: Vanguard One of The Best Looking Games on Current-Gen Consoles”

CitizenZ

Banned
E9FPcTWXoAQUNRe

pinch-of-salt-picture-id176069399
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
But no single player BF2042 campaign!!! :( Looks super cool though for multiplayer, but if I want a good BF multiplayer, I would just go back and play BF4 (which I quit because spent too much time playing it).
If you wanted a good single player campaign then you wouldn't go to Battlefield anyway. They've all been trash, with the exception being Bad Company and even then it's nothing to write home about

Concern

i mean.. you can't really tell me Battlefield 4 looked worse than COD Ghosts in 2013 tho

Tbh I couldn't give you an answer because I never played ghosts. I just remember "oh look how the fish move out of your way in the water" marketing lol

kiphalfton

Cold War had ray tracing, and still didn't look any better than any of the previous games.

... So I don't believe this insider.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Well considering there aren't many current gen games, and so few of them actually pushing the hardware or even having dedicated development for it, we'll keep hearing similar impressions for the next year or so. It happens at the start of every new generation. Though man, this feels like one long-ass drawn out start.

Is like everybody except IW working on this game, because that’s a lot of firepower. Even non-CoD studios I heard. I really feel it’s gonna be great..

MW 2019 is still best shooter ever. This is now merit-based success, not just buying out of the habit.

HTK

Banned
Just bring back classic 6v6 with a lot of good maps. I'm sure the FOV and 120fps will be there consider Cold War has it.

SantaC

CoD games always looked very good, specially for 60 fps games.
But they are not dynamic like battlefield.

They have no destruction. No large maps, no all out warfare with jets, no large player count.

Anyone can make a static cod game

Last edited:

kikkis

But they are not dynamic like battlefield.

They have no destruction. No large maps, no all out warfare with jets, no large player count.

Anyone can make a static cod game
It has all those things except helos instead of jets. Engine supports destruction as well even with global illumination as its apparent on their presentation about gi. Lack of destruction is gameplay decision.

Last edited:

Droxcy

Youtubers get invited to LA studio for play-test get paid to shill out the hype rinse and repeat lol feel like ever since MW3 when they did that huge launch event it’s just a money moving machine.

Sure the game will play good if it’s on the MW engine but I just don’t want old weapons whole reason i’m holding off this year.

The only thing COD doesn't have which BF has is Destruction. COD's been able to up the ante for a while now. Just look at the graphics of Advanced Warfare on PS4/Xbox One by Sledgehammer Games, it still holds good even by today's standards. I just played Modern Warfare 2019 game on PS5 and holy shit the campaign looked insane. Cold War had stunning visuals in it's campaign on PS4/PS5/XSX too. WW2 looked great but i despise World War period, cautiously optimistic for Vanguard :( . Why do you people go for World War 1 and 2 period, ugh.

Last edited:

TonyK

Cold War campaign in PS5 looks great so I can believe Vanguard will look better. There as so few real next gen graphic games (in my opinion, only Demons Souls and Ratchet) that it's not so difficult to make a game that can reach the top.

Dr.Morris79

It's call of duty. It could look like the fucking sistine chapel but it'll still be that shitty Call of duty gameplay. A vapid excuse for a game, the Mcdonalds of gaming if you will.

The only thing COD doesn't have which BF has is Destruction. COD's been able to up the ante for a while now. Just look at the graphics of Advanced Warfare on PS4/Xbox One by Sledgehammer Games, it still holds good even by today's standards. I just played Modern Warfare 2019 game on PS5 and holy shit the campaign looked insane. Cold War had stunning visuals in it's campaign on PS4/PS5/XSX too. WW2 looked great but i despise World War period, cautiously optimistic for Vanguard :( . Why do you people go for World War 1 and 2 period, ugh.
That’s why I’m excited about FPS campaigns, some people really do it good and CoD is one of them. Sorry, but that’s a big plus over this years BF.

Well, because it is by far most epic (or tragic however you look at it) conflict in human history. Nothing comes close. If you pick any other war, game loses in its value a little bit. Probably because sides were so evenly matched where if you pick modern ME entanglements you don’t have that. You have one huge superpower and guys in sandals with AK-47s. BF1 did WW1 great in my opinion, it didn’t strive for maximum reality but still managed to feel like you were transported in that time period.

Top Bottom