• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice animated movie announced by DC

Kadve

Unknown whether it will be an adaption of the games, the comic or an original story told in the universe. More info will be released as a teaser on the home release of Batman: The Long Halloween Part Two.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/injustice-dc-comics-video-game-movie-animated-announced/

One of DC's most popular Elseworlds tales is officially getting the film treatment as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment confirmed that an Injustice animated movie will be the next title in the studio's slate of animated films. Though little in the way of details have been revealed, it will seemingly spin out of the popular video game series and comic series of the same name. A sneak peek of the film will be available as part of the upcoming home release for Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two. No other details surrounding the project, including a voice cast or release date, are available at this time.

MiguelItUp

I was under the impression DC animated films have been better than their physical films for several years now?

This shit was dumb edgy body horror garbage that only exists so they could reboot the universe again. It's fucking bad.
I haven't seen it but it definitely looks like a lot of people enjoyed it. 🤷‍♂️

Dacon

Banned
I was under the impression DC animated films have been better than their physical films for several years now?

Marginally. It's been downhill since Justice League War. Couldn't even get a proper adaptation of Killing Joke.

I haven't seen it but it definitely looks like a lot of people enjoyed it. 🤷‍♂️

Good for them, I thought it was garbage. It's the same kind of braindead edgy crap people meme'd the shit out of in the Ultimate Marvel universe. Most of the films in this New 52 inspired universe have been mediocre or just plain bad.

Last edited:

ssringo

Not a DC fan (anymore) but I was curious about the current voice cast for DC and holy shit; Jerry O'Connell is currently the voice of Superman?! Sliders was my jam back in the 90s (before they absolutely wrecked it towards the end, aided by O'Connell leaving).

Nester99

DC animation was very good, but that was almost a decade ago.

Imo Flashpoint is the best animated superhero movie of all time. Unfortunately it was the peak for DC. That was 2013

Justice league War introduced a new world, new background and new art style. It was horrible and so were the terrible Batman failures that followed. Son of Batman? Arkham ? All Garbage

They even fucked up the Judas contract and the killing joke.

DC lost its way in 2013. Almost a decade ago

Based on every recent DC animated film that has come out the past 5 years, I don't expect it to be good.
u6flH8Qwv0KgRdk4ntPBq75fQ6OilXBdng07-fg0eSAQ9eB_czUM9me4oE6XXlg3znC8Q3ff

e&e

Banned
Based on every recent DC animated film that has come out the past 5 years, I don't expect it to be good.
I’m just currently watching the Animated Movies (never really knew they were connected) on HBOMax and they are awesome!

Last edited:

NahaNago

I was thinking about this but I bet superman mostly cleaned up gotham.

My opinion of the animated movies is that they pretty much feel like tv movies. Enjoyable but nothing for me to get hyped over. Even that samurai ninja batman movie was disappointing. Now the batman movie gotham knight 2008 movie was really good.

Kadve

i don't think you have been watching that many.

Batman_Soul_of_the_Dragon_film_Blu-ray.jpg

Justice_League_Fatal_Five_Blu_Ray.jpg

Hell_to_pay_dvd.jpg

Batman_Ninja_Turtles_Cover.png

Justice_Society_World_War_II_Film_poster.png

Teen_Titans_The_Judas_Contract.jpg

Are all great, and that's just a selection. ( i admit that some stinkers slipped through though like the Hush movie or Superman: MOT which wa just boring.)
Marginally. It's been downhill since Justice League War. Couldn't even get a proper adaptation of Killing Joke.

I like how everyone who bashes the Killing joke clearly haven't watched it. If you ignore the stupid opening short its pretty much an word-for-word adaption.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Honestly surprised it took this long. Superman becoming an authoritarian after the death of Lois is nothing new (and has been done in numerous other places - my favorite being the Darkwing Duck two parter where he becomes Dark Warrior Duck) but this could definitely be fun, especially if they go with a non-genre ending for Injustice II.

Dacon

Banned

Hell_to_pay_dvd.jpg

Are all great, and that's just a selection. ( i admit that some stinkers slipped through though like the Hush movie or Superman: MOT which wa just boring.)

SS Hell to Pay is not very good. Assault on Arkham is a much better SS movie. The rest you listed are mediocre and forgettable as fuck. Then there's outright bad films like, Batman vs Robin, Throne of Atlantis, Batman Bad Blood, Hush, Justice League vs Teen Titans and Batman and Harley Quinn. Many of the original stories in the comics some of these were based on weren't that good to begin with either.
Apokolips War is by far the worst imo. Hurr durr what if all your favorite heroes got maimed and turned into terrible stupid looking cyborgs and were enslaved. They win in the end but everything is still fucked up so let's have Wally reset everything AGAIN.

Fair enough that I haven't seen Justice Society though it could be pretty good, I do like the way it looks.

I like how everyone who bashes the Killing joke clearly haven't watched it. If you ignore the stupid opening short its pretty much an word-for-word adaption.

I like how people who don't like other people's opinions like to pretend people haven't seen what they're talking about. I've seen the Killing Joke movie twice, the subplot with Barbara and her sleeping with Batman is lazy, poorly written, and totally unnecessary, on top of the plain artstyle and choppy animation. The original artstyle of the graphical novel is very distinctive and brooding. The movie looks like every other dc animated film with a basic budget. The first 35/40 minutes of this fucking movie isn't even the Killing Joke, it's some stupid subplot about some idiot mobster having a psycho crush on Barbara? Fucking what?

Kevin and Mark do a good enough job, but everyone else is on autopilot. Hell it doesn't even make any sense that the film is rated R. There's nothing here that's worthy of anything more than a Pg-13 movie.

EDIT: Also did not like the addition of a musical number.

Last edited:

Labolas

Oh yay the same old take of edgy superheroes fighting one another. Lol what's even the point of this being made?

oldergamer

Hell_to_pay_dvd.jpg

I've watched every DC animated movie and anyone saying they aren't good, is full of it. some early on were just ok, but they have gotten better over time.

Enjay

Banned
Nah it was shit. Bruce Timm finally thinking the world was ready for his weird fetishes (which go back to tiny toon adventures) did make it a lot worse though.

Last edited:
Just finished watching it follows the first game for about 10mins then goes off and does its own thing. They completely remove time travel from the story

Enjay

Banned

Hell_to_pay_dvd.jpg

bruce timm's creepiness destroyed the killing joke

Top Bottom