• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ingame advertisments in PC and Console Games: is this something to be concerned with?

LiquidRex

So for example, imagine playing FIFA 22 and a link to a video pops up during a match, if you choose to watch it you'll be rewarded with your best strikers stamina being replenished. 🤷‍♂️

Tbh I'd find it freaking annoying if this is how its implemented... Definitely must be an option to disable the feature.

Like I say its a possible example.

HTK

Banned
Only ad's that I'm okay with using FIFA as an example are outside of the pitch ads like in the real games that don't disrupt anything but are there. Anything that requires an action on my part for an AD is a no go.

Kdad

Presuming the ads are being served independantly of the game code...we all need to learn how to block at the router level...

Kuranghi

Doesn't affect me but it sounds annoying af, I remember the Gillette billboards and vans in Burnout Paradise but that was more funny than annoying. Good video on it here:

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Where’s these ads today? The benefit of a chump change better be worth it.
Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

TrueLegend

Man EA literally comes up with the most horrendous idea that anyone can imagine. I want a game set in EA headquarters where I can shove ad pamphlets on their face to choke kill them.

Rayderism

As long as the ads are inconspicuous, then I don't really care. Like, if they put them on billboards in an open-world game, or on the side of buses or whatever, fine. But if they stop the game to shove an ad in your face, no.

SLB1904

Banned
Nah kojima ads are cool. I rather have monster than "mustar". That's why PES don't take off compared to fifa even with better gameplay.
As long as the ads are inconspicuous, then I don't really care. Like, if they put them on billboards in an open-world game, or on the side of buses or whatever, fine. But if they stop the game to shove an ad in your face, no.

This is what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I'm buying very few games from hated big publishers like EA, 2K or Activision so this doesn't really affect me. If I were I'd stop buying games with blatant ads in them, stuff like that (along with rewarding the player for taking interest in the ad) belongs in free games.

I totally think some ads would be fine, especially of it helps keep game prices from rising as productions costs rise.

But, NOT video commercials. You can use ads in many (not all) games that doesn't hider the playing experience.

Modern day open-world games could have virtual billboards rented out. Sports titles could have ads on the court/field exactly how we'd see them in real life.

None of this is intrusive or requires time taken away from gameplay.

However, putting in real-life ads in fantasy or historical games is NOT ok with me. That shit pissed me off in FFXV.

Last edited:
Top Bottom